Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THe Tabula Rasa Pre Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
    I think the obvious answer is that someone loses all their memories, and become ineffect a blank slate.

It could be a great episode if Sheppard's team turn up on Atlantis without their memories, and start taking on new identities based on their experiences
    I'd say you're probably right about someone losing their memories for the episode. That would definitely be an interesting episode. With something like that though I think they need to be careful because stories like it have been done a lot in the past. It might be difficult to stay new and/or be different.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
      I think the obvious answer is that someone loses all their memories, and become ineffect a blank slate.

Yeah, I agree with you. In fact there was an episode in Buffy named that way and in that episode everyone lost their memories, it was pretty funny.

But... where's the originality people???

Just a thought...

Comment

Meh, Buffy was just ripping off an episode of Star Trek TNG, and they were probably ripping off of something else in the past.

There are no original ideas, just original executions. TNG did it seriously, while, as far as I know, Buffy did it for laughs and various other things. Who knows what Atlantis will do (if they do it, that is. We don't know what the episode is about yet).

Comment

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Comment

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
            OOOoooo, i really cant wait till season 4 airs!!!
            Tabula Rasa reminds me of the wraith some what, dont ask me why but it kinda does, the wraith wanting to wipe out all of the ancients, they also kinda havent explained why the wraith actually wanted to kill off the ancients, who unlike the asurans have a 'personal' grudge against them, is there a reason why the wraith wanted to destory the ancients (well we know they want to feed on them but is there any other reason?)

Though i have to agree with some people about this episode could be a Weir episode does anybody know what the order of the episodes go?
            The Ancients were protecting the worlds inhabited by the Wraith's food, which is why the Wraith wanted rid of the Ancients. The Atlantis expedition however, they simply want as food, only because there are so many awoken Wraith now though, otherwise they probably wouldn't give them any notice, as they don't really do a lot.
            "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
            Woman:What
            Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

They want earth.

Comment

Had a thought occur to me when re-reading through Joe Mallozzi's annotated poem....

Specifically in regard to this line:

With a change of location all will forget.
                (Refers to a season four episode. Another case where the title should let you know).
                Now I originally thought he meant this was referring to either Adrift or Lifeline
                Spoiler:
                (with the whole Atlantis, at least at the beginning of the Season, being in a different location than usual)
                BUT... thinking about it... he specially mentions that the TITLE of the episode should let us know which ep this refers to.. and as has been oft-mentioned, Tabula Rasa means "clean slate". So is this line in the poem referring to Tabula Rasa? And, in that case, what can we expect from "all will forget? That makes it sound like everyone loses their memory? That would certainly make for a "clean slate"... could be very interesting...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Had a thought occur to me when re-reading through Joe Mallozzi's annotated poem....

Now I originally thought he meant this was referring to either Adrift or Lifeline
                  Spoiler:
                  (with the whole Atlantis, at least at the beginning of the Season, being in a different location than usual)
                  BUT... thinking about it... he specially mentions that the TITLE of the episode should let us know which ep this refers to.. and as has been oft-mentioned, Tabula Rasa means "clean slate". So is this line in the poem referring to Tabula Rasa? And, in that case, what can we expect from "all will forget? That makes it sound like everyone loses their memory? That would certainly make for a "clean slate"... could be very interesting...
                  Indeed it sounds very interesting, season 4 seems to be shaping up nicely.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

Spoiler:
                    I've always been convinced this line of the poem referred to "Tabula Rasa". I think it will have something to do with memory loss, whether everyone or just some people. Maybe it will be the comedy episode of the season. When someone asked Joe a question about which episodes would be darker (sorry, I don't remember the exact wording), he listed most of the named episodes of Season 4. Tabula Rasa was not on the list, and I thought that was interesting. Also, isn't this the episode that Lorne is supposed to have a "meaty" part? This episode sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, reposting this here since Alipeeps steered me to this post:

I watched the G4 attack of the show and did see something!

Spoilers:

Okay, they were filming an episode where everyone is sick with something, making them nauseous, feverish, sick, and forgetting who they are. So, my guess, this must be Tabula Rasa? Zach was playing a scientist and they showed them in an infirmary room, there was a line of dialogue saying 'They put us in here' and a long row of infirmary beds. I saw McKay for sure, Sheppard was there while they were gathering after the shoot so I don't know if he was actually in that *scene* but Rodney definitely was. Sounds interesting!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post

Spoilers:

Okay, they were filming an episode where everyone is sick with something, making them nauseous, feverish, sick, and forgetting who they are. So, my guess, this must be Tabula Rasa? Zach was playing a scientist and they showed them in an infirmary room, there was a line of dialogue saying 'They put us in here' and a long row of infirmary beds. I saw McKay for sure, Sheppard was there while they were gathering after the shoot so I don't know if he was actually in that *scene* but Rodney definitely was. Sounds interesting!
                        That could be, I missed attack of the show, but that sounds very interesting.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post

Spoilers:

Thanks, IWTB. Those spoilers sound really promising!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                            Thanks, IWTB. Those spoilers sound really promising!!!
                            I love the 'disease' episodes like Hot Zone, Echoes, etc. This one sounds cool!
                            click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                              I love the 'disease' episodes like Hot Zone, Echoes, etc. This one sounds cool!
                              yep, i just hope shep gets infected as well and someone else has to save the day for a change!!!!

yes i love the whump so that would make me squee but also because its always shep that saves everyone...how about ronon or teyla saving the day!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                                yep, i just hope shep gets infected as well and someone else has to save the day for a change!!!!

yes i love the whump so that would make me squee but also because its always shep that saves everyone...how about ronon or teyla saving the day!!
                                That'd be nice. YAY!!! 200 posts! *ignore me, I'm celebrating nothing*
                                Last edited by scifi_lemon; 11 May 2007, 04:56 PM. Reason: Another pointless milestone ;)
                                click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Working...
                                X