Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Spoils of War" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    She's probably with Ford Gone and definitely forgotten....
    I doubt that unless TPTB are insanly stupid.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      I doubt that unless TPTB are insanly stupid.
      I guess I've seen too many programs where they promise to bring back characters and don't, or give you about ten seconds If we don't see weir again, they can argue 'oh, the actor wasn't available' which is a valid reason because unless an actor is independently wealthy, they won't turn down one role waiting for another.

I'd love to see Weir (or RepliWeir) return but a couple seconds at the end of BAMSR isn't a guarantee of much more in the future. Just sort of a setup in case they want to follow through.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash View Post
        Weir is defiently not out of the picture ~_^
        Oh I wouldn't be so sure...

Comment

Will they finish the Atlantis vs. Wraith storyline in this episode too? The Wraith are weak against the Asgard weapons, so if they find the city, they will be destroy. I hope they find a cure for their hunger in this episode. I know
          Spoiler:
          the Wraith will be hostile in Midway,
          but I hope Todd and some Queen will change the peaceful way and they will sign a ceasefire.

If they can finish the Wraith storyline, than Michael and his monsters can be the new main enemy at the end of season 4 and in the beginning of season 5.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

from what I've understand in the scifi's "spoils of war" trailer, when we see Todd in some sort of a flashback from the battle over Asura (in BAMSR), he needed time during the battle to have what he came for ("
            Spoiler:
            Not until I get what I came for"
            ),
            Spoiler:
            so my thought is that he wanted to have some new hyperdrive technology, new shield or just their first shield technology ! in other words, they would have what they wanted in "Aurora" !

and maybe for season five a new class of ship, smaller than a hive with
            Spoiler:
            shields
            that would match Daedalus' or Apollo's ones !!

what do you think about that ?
            sigpic
            ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
            ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

Their weapons are also very powerful but I doubt they could make a shield that will stop our beams.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                I guess I've seen too many programs where they promise to bring back characters and don't, or give you about ten seconds If we don't see weir again, they can argue 'oh, the actor wasn't available' which is a valid reason because unless an actor is independently wealthy, they won't turn down one role waiting for another.

I'd love to see Weir (or RepliWeir) return but a couple seconds at the end of BAMSR isn't a guarantee of much more in the future. Just sort of a setup in case they want to follow through.
                You do have a point I just don't think that will happen. However if it does it truly would be because they can't get her. It's odd that I actually like Weir alot better now than I used to.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  Will they finish the Atlantis vs. Wraith storyline in this episode too? The Wraith are weak against the Asgard weapons, so if they find the city, they will be destroy. I hope they find a cure for their hunger in this episode. I know
                  Spoiler:
                  but I hope Todd and some Queen will change the peaceful way and they will sign a ceasefire.

If they can finish the Wraith storyline, than Michael and his monsters can be the new main enemy at the end of season 4 and in the beginning of season 5.
                  An alternative food source may develop sometime later during the show's history, but I don't believe it will happen right now. The Wraith suffered numerous losses, so did the humans, but not enough worlds were affected at this moment in time for the Wraith to willingly make an alternative. My guess it will happen sometime during the next season, when they conclude the left hanging replicator story-arch.

Spoiler:
                  Without any enemy to keep Dr. Weir's replicator faction in check, the Replicators will rebuild everything. The Wraith probably don't intend to be messing with the Travelers or Atlantis anytime soon. And in their weakened state, they won't be attacking anytime soon.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Will they finish the Atlantis vs. Wraith storyline in this episode too?
                    I don't think so

The Wraith are weak against the Asgard weapons, so if they find the city, they will be destroy.
                    there are a lot of Wraith hives, certainly not all of them would just conveniently find Atlantis and get destroyed

I hope they find a cure for their hunger in this episode.
                    hm could be but I somehow doubt it

I know
                    Spoiler:
                    yup, that's gonna be interesting

a ceasefire would be lame imo, the Wraith are supoosed to be our enemy, we can't just sign a contract that guarantees peace

Spoiler:
                    Michael will be the enemy in The Kindred and possibly also in TLM

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    You do have a point I just don't think that will happen. However if it does it truly would be because they can't get her. It's odd that I actually like Weir alot better now than I used to.
                    it's probably because of her new role
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

After watching one of the those Q&A videos I get the feeling Ronon screws up in this episode and it causes the death of a load of people. It was a clip from Midway, and Teal'c was asking if it was true that Ronon's negligence lead to the death of thousands of people, and as far as I can tell, Spoils OF War is the only episode with the Wraith in from not until Midway...

Comment

I noticed Lorne is in the ep, and then I noticed this ep production photo from JM's blog http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC05040.JPG

And then I began to wonder...
                        sigpic

Comment

If it is Lorne, he must get his life restored, because he's in Quarantine.

Comment

I'm still not convinced he is safe. Being in the episode following the death is not uncommon in many shows. His crediting could be a for a flashback, a funeral... in the end it may not be true, but I believe there is a very good chance he could fall.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                              I'm still not convinced he is safe. Being in the episode following the death is not uncommon in many shows. His crediting could be a for a flashback, a funeral... in the end it may not be true, but I believe there is a very good chance he could fall.
                              I doubt Lorne's going to die.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

OK, you are right. From what I've read of 'Quarantine' he has an active role. Ah well, someone's gotta die before the season's over.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X