Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Spoils of War" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    It will be an easy solution if they blow up the Asuran planet. What will happen after that? Will the Wraith stop the kulling and keep the alliance with Atlantis?
    Course not, the alliance will fall apart with the Wraith being even more emo with us for setting the Replicators on them. And there may still be the odd Replicator enclave out there somewhere
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

If the Asurans are destroyed, something should be left for them to of actually made any kind of permenant impact on the show. Something along the lines of the Wraith get ahold of some Asuran tech and apply it to their ships making them harder to beat.

Comment

I think they will destroy them complete, because the writers couldn't find any reason why scavenger didn't go there to find ZPMs.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I think they will destroy them complete, because the writers couldn't find any reason why scavenger didn't go there to find ZPMs.
          Then there won't be any lasting effect in the show and their whole run was pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
            I forgot about that pesky rule about not having less than 4 letters. It is probably there in order to narrow the search down. I hope there is never an episode title that has all the words less than 4 letters like, God of War.

I hope you took my previous post for what it was, a little bit of kidding that I would not have made if you hadn't made the Muppet comment in your previous post.
            Indeed I did take it as a joke,
            sigpic
            If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
            I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

I think this episode is going to surprise a lot of people. Should be a great one.

Comment

What?

Spoiler:
                Can someone tell me HOW the Asurans get entirely destroyed in "Be All My Sins Remember'd"? Do they get the PWARW working? I find it hard to believe that even with the Asgard tech, the Daedalus and Apollo could blow up ALL of the Asurans ships, plus, with the Asurans being scattered around the galaxy now, the PWARW is pointless. I need more details, HOW do they get destroyed and what is the perpose of destroying the Asurans so soon? I thought the perpose of the virus was to get them to return to their planet, not to destroy them.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                  What?

Spoiler:
                  Can someone tell me HOW the Asurans get entirely destroyed in "Be All My Sins Remember'd"? Do they get the PWARW working? I find it hard to believe that even with the Asgard tech, the Daedalus and Apollo could blow up ALL of the Asurans ships, plus, with the Asurans being scattered around the galaxy now, the PWARW is pointless. I need more details, HOW do they get destroyed and what is the perpose of destroying the Asurans so soon? I thought the perpose of the virus was to get them to return to their planet, not to destroy them.

Vala,
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't see how they do. First, all it takes is a single nanite to survive (of the non-Underground variety) in order for them to still be a threat, and I think our best Earth weaponry cannot be that accurate. Second, what would be the point of the episode Outcast, which features the Archetype (a human-form Rep made from Earth nanites), if it didn't have somewhere else it could go and wreak havoc for us? (i.e. Pegasus Reps).

If they do get rid of the Replicators soon, I will be mighty POed. But I doubt it is the case.

Comment

What?

Spoiler:

Vala,
                    Spoiler:
                    why do you assume the Asurans get destroyed in BAMSR? apparently some people believe this but there's been no confirmation and personally I strongly doubt it

oh and it's probably because I've got a headache but I still don't get what you mean by PWARW?
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      why do you assume the Asurans get destroyed in BAMSR? apparently some people believe this but there's been no confirmation and personally I strongly doubt it

oh and it's probably because I've got a headache but I still don't get what you mean by PWARW?
                      PWARW means Planetary Wide Anti Replicator Weapon, pretty much one of those anti replicator weapons from Sg-1s Gemini twas mentioned in First Strike
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Spoiler:
                        PWARW - Planetary Wide Anti-Replicator Weapon
                        It was mentioned in First Strike that Area 51 was working on this device by using the information from the Asgard who developed a satellite version after O'Neill made a hand-held one while still having the Ancients repository in his brain.

Edit: The Carpenter beat me too it!
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I personally hope it isn't true but it's looking pretty possible.

PWARW is the Planetary Wide Anti Replicator Weapon

Basically a satellite weapon that with a single pulse could wipe out a whole planet of Asurans at once, kind of like the Asgard Replicator distruptor satellite. The PWARW was introduced in "First Strike" as being under development.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                            PWARW means Planetary Wide Anti Replicator Weapon, pretty much one of those anti replicator weapons from Sg-1s Gemini twas mentioned in First Strike
                            Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                            PWARW - Planetary Wide Anti-Replicator Weapon
                            It was mentioned in First Strike that Area 51 was working on this device by using the information from the Asgard who developed a satellite version after O'Neill made a hand-held one while still having the Ancients repository in his brain.

Edit: The Carpenter beat me too it!
                            I personally hope it isn't true but it's looking pretty possible.

PWARW is the Planetary Wide Anti Replicator Weapon

Basically a satellite weapon that with a single pulse could wipe out a whole planet of Asurans at once, kind of like the Asgard Replicator distruptor satellite. The PWARW was introduced in "First Strike" as being under development.

Vala,
                            ah thanks a lot guys...and gals I remember them mentioning it in FS, damn headache...
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm sorry but it would be idiotic to destroy the Asurans now.

They brought them only in last season. Featured them a few times. At the enbd, they were trying to get to Earth but were blocked.

Next they re-start the war against the Wraith. Only to be killed off after only appearing in a handful of eps in the following season.

If they kill the Asurans off totally or largely then it will prove they have no clue of what they're doing.

They done the same thing in SG-1 with the Ori. Gave them a whole season, a little bit in the following season. Then wham, the magic button gets hit & they're all gone in an instant.

So I hope this isn't a cop-out in which they get something magical at the last minute & kill them all or nearly all of them off!

Comment

That was one of my biggest complaints of SGA S3. They introduce this huge foe, and they only appear in 5 episodes all year (Progeny, The Real World, The Return 1 & 2, and First Strike, if you consider TRW an appearance)!!!

I won't believe they are killed off until I see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X