Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Imperial System - It's truly universal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Actionhank
    There are three countries in the world that don't use the metric system:
    Birma (Myanmar), Liberia and the USA. I think you have great company
    a new axis of evil ! the americans are non-aligned™ !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      a new axis of evil ! the americans are non-aligned™ !!!
      Either you're with us or you're with the bad measurenists

You have spent your time ignorant to the truth, stumbling aimlessly through the darkness cast upon your world by the trappings of the past.
      But now, the path to fulfillment stands revealed, and the time has come to embrace a new faith.
      Let the light of the metric system show you the way!

Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Actionhank
        Either you're with us or you're with the bad measurenists
        yes ! and if you're not with us, then we will have to take all necessary measures !

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          I didn't see it as a big deal that they used 7 feet in that episode, most people knew the meaning was Ronan was very tall
          Same here this thread is confusing.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
            Ah Farscape. Great show!
            Assertion: It was great in *spite* of its habit of randomly replacing ordinary words with silly cutesy made-up ones for no adequate reason.

Comment

If you could only start to use dates like everybody else: year, month, day, hour, minute, second.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I personally prefer the metric system. I hate our American system or whatever its called. The conversions suck.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                  I personally prefer the metric system. I hate our American system or whatever its called. The conversions suck.
                  Oh come on, where's the fun in easily converting things?
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                    I hate our American system or whatever its called. The conversions suck.
                    yeah but it's patriotic

Comment

Haha... see, I'm a horse person, and it's funny... I use both systems, to a degree.
                      Like, if you were to tell me the dimensions of a riding area in FEET I wouldn't have a single clue what you were talking about... now, mention it to me in METERS and I'd know exactly how big of an area you mean.

But then, tell me the height of a jump in feet/inches and I'll totaly understand... tell it to me in meters and I'll be back to square one. lol.

I dunno... I think it's outright unfair to the masses having two systems of measurement in the world...

And for that matter, in the entire universe

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                        Like, if you were to tell me the dimensions of a riding area in FEET I wouldn't have a single clue what you were talking about... now, mention it to me in METERS and I'd know exactly how big of an area you mean.

But then, tell me the height of a jump in feet/inches and I'll totaly understand... tell it to me in meters and I'll be back to square one. lol.

then how would you measure the length of a jump ?

Comment

then how would you measure the length of a jump ?
                          lol, same as height. I know, it totaly doesn't make sense... we set our distances between jumps in feet too, but always in an arena measured by meters

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202
                            lol, same as height. I know, it totaly doesn't make sense... we set our distances between jumps in feet too, but always in an arena measured by meters
                            k

now suppose a (really good) horse jumped the full length of the arena -
                            how would you then measure the jump ?

Comment

k

now suppose a (really good) horse jumped the full length of the arena -
                              how would you then measure the jump ?
                              In $$... send me the horse that can do that and I'll pay your way to the moon

hehe... we are taking this waaaay OT. lol

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202
                                hehe... we are taking this waaaay OT. lol
                                you're right...how far in meters did we go off topic ?

Comment

Working...
                                X