Zelenka's Gene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From JM's blog:
    Carter leads the rescue op into the facility: Speaking of growing, check out our little Radek all grown up and casting anxiety aside to help some friends in need. By the way, what he is clutching is not a wraith detector but a device (not unlike similar devices used on SG-1) designed to detect and offer an analysis of energy readings.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

It makes sense, he was detecting energy readings with the thing, not life signs. It could have been an engineering like tool.

Comment

I thought it was pretty obvious that the device that Zelenka was holding was NOT an ancient device. It sure looks a lot more human than that.
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Read Joe Mallozzi's blog: It's not an LSD but a non-Ancient device used to pick up energy readings.

Comment

Yeah, but I shouldn't have to read Mallozzi's blog to get that. I thought it was an LSD when Radek was holding it, even though I know Radek doesn't have the gene. When I go back and slo-mo the scene I can see that it looks different than an LSD. It's smaller and flatter. But how was I supposed to see that in the dim light and the quickness of the scene? We know that Rodney has used the LSD to also detect energy readings, so it still could have been an LSD Radek was holding.

I realize there are just so many ways you can configure a scanner, but just making it round on one end would have helped.

Telling me it looks like an SG-1 scanner may make the SG-1 fans happy with something familiar, but we're watching Atlantis here. I'm not looking for SG-1 tech.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              I hate when they give the "Someone with the gene has to initialize it" explanation.

Vala,
              yeah, that is so obviously a 'oh crap, we wrote ourself into a corner' get out of trouble free card
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                yeah, that is so obviously a 'oh crap, we wrote ourself into a corner' get out of trouble free card
                *coughIrresponsiblecough*
                : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Working...
                X