This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes sense.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      Oberoth failed to mention that they were replicators during his discussion of fighting the Wraith in Progeny. Hard to explain why you stopped attacking if you don't want them to know the Wraith rewrote your base code.

She wasn't wearing her normal tummy showing outfit in the sparring session which would lead me to believe that she was showing.
      But I oh so enjoyed her whupping Ronon. That was too much fun.
      sig made by me

Comment

Ha! I actually watching the first airing of the night for once!

I really REALLY liked this episode!!

The thing I liked the best was that Sam actualy "clicked"! In the first two episodes she was rather cringe worthy, but in this one, wow, I'm impressed! HUGE improvement, and I really liked that she went with the team instead of staying on Atantis. Big plus for me in her favor. I may actually come to like (but not Love) her on Atlantis if they continue to write this way for her.

Just overall I enjoyed it! I honestly can't think of anything bad to say about it. And of course, the chuckles from the Carter/Rodney pairing is a plus! Yeah, I was expecting it, but it wasn't "old", it was fun!

Liked the action, liked that they involved Teyla more than the first two, liked the Ronon action, liked the Assuran kicking some wraith butt

I agree with a previous poster, 10/10 for this one! I am most impressed!!

Edit: Oh yeah, the only thing that was kinda weird was the Wraith dude, is it just me or did he just look creepy??
        Last edited by idlewild202; 12 October 2007, 07:30 PM.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
          She wasn't wearing her normal tummy showing outfit in the sparring session which would lead me to believe that she was showing.
          Do you know I didn't notice. Meh...I rarely notice people's attire unless it's leather (so you know I was all over her black jacket. I only have a copy of the dark-cherry one she has---which I bought years ago). But then I care about leather---. ~sigh~ I wear too much leather.

*huggies* Rufs!! xoxoxoxo
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, pretty much from start to finish. I thought the Teal'c/Sam scene in the SGC was a very fitting farewell to Carter there, and a nice transition to Atlantis. And the Sam and Rodney scenes were great as well (I'm going to love those two working together).

Also, it was great to see Teyla and Ronon have a lot to do. Very strong episode for both of them. Ronon has definitely come a long way as a character since he first appeared on SGA.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Anybody named 'Kanan' in this ep?
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Paint by the numbers sci-fi. The plot “twist” should have only surprised people who haven’t watched a lot of sci-fi or TV in general. However, that’s fine; it was still a decent ep. Sure there were things that annoyed me. Carter calling Sheppard John was one of them along with her zipped down jacket and hair (I guess regs aren’t the same when in Atlantis uniforms) Sheppard’s unshaven face (although he looked good) was another. Then there’s the logic (or lack thereof) of not just Carter going on the rescue (at least she used to do that for a living) but Zelinka. Mr. scared of his own shadow…at least he was the last time I saw him on an away mission. Oh and even if Carter and Zelinka were going, shouldn’t some actual soldiers have come with them?

OK, OK, paint by the numbers sci-fi doesn’t always make sense. Picard, Kirk, Sisco, Janeway and that other guy all went on away missions when their 2nd in command was already in trouble with the enemy. So, even though I expect more from Stargate I am still OK with it.

I like the replicator ignoring SGA…I saw it coming a mile away and can’t figure out why McKay and Carter wouldn’t. I mean the reps are now programmed to take out wraith, there would be no point to take out SGA at that point. I do like getting the knowledge that the Wraith had reprogrammed the reps a long time ago and are not sure how to do it again if their initial program doesn’t work.

More questions. Why would Sheppard be on the “short list”, as far as I know he has never gotten along with IOA, nor is he particularly diplomatic and was himself surprised to even be promoted to Lt Col. Why would McKay ever think anyone would put him in charge…ok its McKay….why would Zelinka even consider it could be true?

Carter/Teal’c was nice except for T’s stupid hair. Carter/McKay played out about as expected. I think she even had the “are you drunk” look, but maybe that’s me projecting. Hopefully that is done with and never mentioned again.

Ronan continues his habit of becoming the most developed character on Atlantis even if he doesn’t get the most lines. Teyla continues to be given the shaft. First she gets beat up by the losers, then she’s the first to get stunned….but I guess it had to be Mckay to be the last standing as neither Teyla or Shep would bail. But it would have been nice to have Shep go down first ala O’Neil in the NOX ep….just to change things up and give Teyla some heroics. She was good in her scenes with Ronan, just she very much seems like a minor supporting character.

Sheppard was good but gave up on the Weir begging uncharacteristically early for him. I expected more complaining. Not that I am upset with it. I like Carters “give me a plan that could work and I will think about it” and I was happy Shep saw the logic in it. Sort of disappointed no one else brought up Weir…well again except Ronan. That scene with him and Carter was very cool. He reminding me of the first days of his arrival and Carter not flinching (in his presence), yeah she’s dealt with warriors before. I also liked how he didn’t flinch when she subtly threatened him…but then he knew the security issues.

IMHO the most developed characters on Atlantis are McKay and then Ronan (well and Carter for SG-1 watchers). If they can just give Teyla and Sheppard some development then maybe there will be a S5 of SGA.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Okay, some thoughts:

-Never once did I worry that Ronon would actually leave Atlantis. I figured that either 1) his friends would die or 2) his friends would do something unsavory to send him back to Atlantis. And both (or 2/3 of #1 anyway) ended up happening, so eh.

-Will we see the Iron Chef host again? Maybe he and Ronon can have a cook off.

-So McKay was all giddy about possibly becoming the leader of Atlantis but never once did he mention Weir or have any sort of lingering emotional response to what happened to her. Wow, it really rang false. And hooray for yet another awkward scene between Sam and Rodney! Also, didn't DH comment about how McKay was unhappy when Carter came to Atlantis? Because I didn't see that at all.

-I also had a hard time buying that the only reason Shep hasn't gone after Weir is because the IOA and red tape...

-It was nice to see some tension between Ronon and Sam and maybe even some between Shep and Sam, but I'm really hoping that there is going to be more conflict later.

-Eh, I didn't get much out of the Sam/Teal'c scene.

-Teyla had some nice scenes in the training room and at the end of the ep with Ronon. It was nice to see them both get more screentime.

-I thought this was the strongest Ronon ep to date, especially with his final agonizing fight scene with his friends, but I thought Sateda was a better ep overall.

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                    I think that cat might show up in
                    Spoiler:
                    Teyla's ep--Missing.
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Am I right in stating Satedans cannot be fed off by Wraith, which is why Ronan was turned into a Runner to begin with?

If that is true, big continuity error.

If not, then I misunderstood.

Comment

I will say this, of the episodes that have aired this season, this was the worst episode of the 3 that aired. I think I'm going to like Carter in Atlantis this season.
                        sigpic

Comment

First impression: I really liked this. I was laughing out loud at the beginning with Rodney thinking he would get command (even though I knew that was coming) and his face when he found out who really was. The scene with Teal'c was wonderful. As Vabi said *waves at Vabs!* the look on Teyla's face as Ronon reunites with his friends was great. Nice tie-in to Trinity (she's with him when he finds out he's not the only Satedan alive).

Shep stealing Rodney's present still makes me laugh (as does Rodney's reaction) and the scene with Carter is goofy and awkward and perfect. The best part was going from the silliness to the sudden animosity when Ronon shows up. I LOVE that he threw Weir in her face. Way to not just move on. Almost everyone would react just like he did. And good for her to stand up to him.

I also love the little bits between Carter and Sheppard. I have the feeling it may escalate as the season moves on, but again, they don't overlook the loss of Weir and his determination to find her. It has to be killing him that he left someone behind, especially someone that he considered family. But he accepts Carter's decision, recognizing the wisdom behind the caution.

He's also cautious about attacking a Wraith lab. He only relents when he hears that they are trying to undo what Weir gave her life for. The conversation between Sheppard and Ronon is good. I find it interesting that Teyla went to John first with the news instead of waiting for Ronon.

I love that although Ronon had made his decision to leave, as soon as he heard gunfire, he didn't hesitate to run toward his team. It seems his decision wasn't quite as final as he had thought. I'm of two minds about having the Satedans be Wraith worshippers. On one hand, it makes for great Ronon angst and helps explain how some humans could become worshippers. On the other hand, I would have liked to see him actually make the hard choice between the Satedans and the Lantians. I did notice that Tyre walked away although we don't actually see what happened to him. I wonder if he'll be back (if you know - don't tell me. I like surprises.)

McKay again shows signs of becoming a better team player. He doesn't whine about the mission. He accurately fires his P-90. He hides well enough to escape being captured (until the Satedans show up). He keeps his head after being captured.

It was great to see the storyline carried forward. Interesting to find out that the Wraith actually deactivated the Asurans attack programming. Fascinating to watch the replicator walk right through the gunfire and completely ignore the humans. Nice to see Zelenka go off-world without complaint (is he trying to impress the new boss?).

The fight scene with Ronon and the Satedans - wow! I know it's choreographed, but I'm still amazed they can do that without someone getting hurt. I also loved blindfolded Teyla kicking Ronon's a**. You go girl!

Great look on Sheppard and McKay's faces when Ronon calls them his friends and wants to go home. Nice throwback to earlier in the ep when Tyre tells him that he is an ally to the Lantians not a friend.

Rodney stole Ronon's painting! I can just see it hanging on his wall next to the diplomas. Lovely scene with Teyla at the end although personally I would have liked for it to have been either with Sheppard or with the entire team.

Definitely worth a second (and third) viewing.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana
                          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                            I think that cat might show up in
                            Spoiler:
                            Teyla's ep--Missing.
                            Okey doke. Thanks!
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              Will we see the Iron Chef host again? Maybe he and Ronon can have a cook off.
                              Was that him? I spent the entire hour trying to figure out where I'd seen that guy before......
                              I loved the little bit at the end where Teyla returns Ronon's picture and says that Rodney thought that he should have it back and Ronon says, "I never gave it to him."
                              Jason did a great job.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                                But I oh so enjoyed her whupping Ronon. That was too much fun.
                                Me too!

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                                Ha! I actually watching the first airing of the night for once!

I really REALLY liked this episode!!

The thing I liked the best was that Sam actualy "clicked"! In the first two episodes she was rather cringe worthy, but in this one, wow, I'm impressed! HUGE improvement, and I really liked that she went with the team instead of staying on Atantis. Big plus for me in her favor. I may actually come to like (but not Love) her on Atlantis if they continue to write this way for her.

Just overall I enjoyed it! I honestly can't think of anything bad to say about it. And of course, the chuckles from the Carter/Rodney pairing is a plus! Yeah, I was expecting it, but it wasn't "old", it was fun!

Liked the action, liked that they involved Teyla more than the first two, liked the Ronon action, liked the Assuran kicking some wraith butt

I agree with a previous poster, 10/10 for this one! I am most impressed!!

Edit: Oh yeah, the only thing that was kinda weird was the Wraith dude, is it just me or did he just look creepy??
                                Wraith dude was creepy and had a really bad wig.

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                                Do you know I didn't notice. Meh...I rarely notice people's attire unless it's leather (so you know I was all over her black jacket. I only have a copy of the dark-cherry one she has---which I bought years ago). But then I care about leather---. ~sigh~ I wear too much leather.

*huggies* Rufs!! xoxoxoxo
                                *hugs* to you. Good to see you about! I LOVED the new leather coats Ronon and Teyla were sporting at the beginning. If I didn't live down here in the deep south where winter lasts 5 seconds, I get one myself. I thought she looked like she might be showing a bit during that beginning scene in the tavern (although it didn't stop her from trying to whip 3 Satedan butts) so I was looking for it in the sparring scene.

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                                No.

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                                Am I right in stating Satedans cannot be fed off by Wraith, which is why Ronan was turned into a Runner to begin with?

If that is true, big continuity error.

If not, then I misunderstood.
                                No, the reason Ronon wasn't fed on has never actually be explained (on-screen). My belief is the Wraith recognized his strength and abilities, choosing him to be a Runner (to be fed on shortly thereafter - oops).
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana
                                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X