mckay & Katie question spoliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
    If you're talking about Trio, it's not Katie but Keller that is trapped with Mckay and Carter. And in previews from that, Mckay is flirting with both ladies, suggesting it's over with Katie.
    Really? I could have sworn it was Katie, hm, anyway thanks for the clear up then

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      And supposedly in Harmony
      Spoiler:
      he is smitten with one of the princesses....
      Well he's quite the bounce back kid, could totally see it though, no actually I can se him and Sheppard competing for the same princess.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
        Let's hope it's not Harmony.... ewwww.

But seriously, I thought it was Sheppard doing his Kirk thing in Harmony. But I could see Rodney being on the rebound, too.
        Ewww.... It's not. And please don't start the "Kirk" thing. I've yet to find someone that could substantiate that.

Originally posted by wraithfound View Post
        Well he's quite the bounce back kid, could totally see it though, no actually I can se him and Sheppard competing for the same princess.
        My understanding is
        Spoiler:
        Harmony has 2 older sisters. Each of the boys gets to be "smitten" with one.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

i thought it was a great episode and i was pritty upset that rodney didnt prepose to katie. she seemed really gutted.

Comment

I thought this whole thing was poorly written. They have been together for a year and a half and they act like two 12 year olds who have never even held hands. They could have had chemistry had they had a legitimate dating situation. I think they will be acquaintences.

Comment

Ewww.... It's not. And please don't start the "Kirk" thing. I've yet to find someone that could substantiate that.

My understanding is
              Spoiler:
              Just watch countless Atlantis episodes, he is a Kirk!

Comment

i really didn't like the episode all that much basically because the writers seemingly erased 3 years of Rodneys life.

For the past 3 years Mckay has been going beyond and above his role as scientist, and has got himself into so many tight situations, less we mention his most recent capture by the wraith, where he made a joke rather than scream in terror like he would've done 2 - 3 years ago. The last time we saw mckay in a lockdown situation, where his life was on the line, and where he was panicking was in season 1's "Hot Zone", and in that he was less panicked than he was in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by kirkeastmetn View Post
                  i really didn't like the episode all that much basically because the writers seemingly erased 3 years of Rodneys life.

For the past 3 years Mckay has been going beyond and above his role as scientist, and has got himself into so many tight situations, less we mention his most recent capture by the wraith, where he made a joke rather than scream in terror like he would've done 2 - 3 years ago. The last time we saw mckay in a lockdown situation, where his life was on the line, and where he was panicking was in season 1's "Hot Zone", and in that he was less panicked than he was in this situation.

I agree. He was even more wussy than what i would expect from season 1 Rodney. McKay is arguably the character who has changed the most since season 1 but in this episode its like the writers total forgot about the character development which they set up.

Comment

My understanding is
                    Spoiler:

brilliant, another ****ing and completly useless episode about Kirking. I wonder if Sheppard will sleep with Harmony
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                      I agree. He was even more wussy than what i would expect from season 1 Rodney. McKay is arguably the character who has changed the most since season 1 but in this episode its like the writers total forgot about the character development which they set up.
                      I put it down to the fact that whenever something like this happens he is normally the one to fix it. In this episode he had no communications, no computers. He was helpless because he had no idea what was going on and could do nothing to help the situation.
                      For a control freak like Rodney that must be his idea of hell!

Comment

Well at least he got to tap it, thats moast ne nerd can want!

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          brilliant, another ****ing and completly useless episode about Kirking. I wonder if Sheppard will sleep with Harmony
                          That question has already been asked and answered, and I frankly find it offensive that you would suggest he would have sex with a child. I have no interest in arguing with you over kirking so let it go.

Back on topic, I agree with kirkeastmetn and ykickamoocow that this was not the Rodney I'm used to seeing. Even in Hot Zone when he thought he was going to die he did more than just lie down. I didn't recognize him at all for the majority of the ep. I'm sure the loss of control was his own personal version of hell as talyn2k1 mentioned, but his reaction could have been taken in a different direction and still have pushed Katie away. But to just lay down and wait to die?
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana
                          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

i think weather they are together or not is irrelevant, rodney recognizes he needs work and i think she knows that.

this was a huge episode for him, to think of someone else but himself, my gawd.

Comment

Originally posted by kirkeastmetn View Post

That's because he was not in a position where he could do anything to solve the crisis, or have the likes of Sheppard to tell him to suck it up and get to work. McKay needs that kind of harsh encouragement to keep from letting his self-deprecating, end of the world, hypochondriac mind get the best of him. He didn't start getting "sick" until he'd been through the lab and tried everything he could to get out.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                                When Rodney left Sheppard with the intention to propose I yelled "That b***h better die by the end of the episode!" at the TV.

She didn't but they're over-ish so I'm kind of happy.

I don't begrudge Rodney happiness but I just don't like Katie.
                                I thought they were great together but the relationship is likely over. Too bad too IMO.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X