Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitchhikers guide in SGA!(spoilers or quarantine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    I see your point. I love the LOTR books and movies but didn't know this was a book. I'll give that a try as the movie was very, very bad.
    Its five books, a trilogy in five parts! although it does dissolve into brilliant insanity towards the end of the trilogy.

Also we just need some Marvin the Paranoid Android references in Stargate would be awesome!
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Hey I liked the movie!

Granted, the book was better
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

how was it brought up in doppleganger? i don't seem to remember... and am too lazy to look, and why should I, you guys will tell me... lol

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          This is how you should ingest Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

1) the books

2) if you need to see it, watch the 12 part (or was it 13?) part that was shown on PBS about 10-20 years ago. Have no idea if it's available on tape/dvd, but it was GREAT
          It was 6 parts... and if you really want to be precise, you really could say that the Radio Show is the place to start, since it was first. Then books, then TV, then Infocom text adventure game, then movie.

Didn't like the movie, loved all other forms.
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            This is how you should ingest Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

1) the books

2) if you need to see it, watch the 12 part (or was it 13?) part that was shown on PBS about 10-20 years ago. Have no idea if it's available on tape/dvd, but it was GREAT

3) last resort - the movie
            Movies are frequently inferior to the corresponding books.

Take Dune for instance: there are no good Dune movies ... And "the children of dune" movie is impossible to follow unless you know the book already.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
              It was 6 parts... and if you really want to be precise, you really could say that the Radio Show is the place to start, since it was first. Then books, then TV, then Infocom text adventure game, then movie.

Didn't like the movie, loved all other forms.
              I actually liked the movie, mostly because the order and delivery of the jokes was just different enough that I could laugh at them for the first time in years. I can practically quote all 12 parts of the radio series from end to end ("this is the story of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy..."), which actually makes it very tricky to listen to.

I also loved the new radio series based on Life, the Universe and Everything, So Long and Thanks for al the Fish (more, in fact, than I liked the book) and Mostly Harmless.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderThor11 View Post
                how was it brought up in doppleganger? i don't seem to remember... and am too lazy to look, and why should I, you guys will tell me... lol
                Rodney: Do you have any Idea how many gate addresses in the Ancient Database that have no accompaing description?

Sheppard: 42

Rodney: No, I think it is a little more than that. Look, I don't really think that is the point.

Comment

When I graduated from high school, the line about 42 being the answer to life, the universe, and everything was on the little banner that they had for each student.

Such a geek. As if Stargate Atlantis needed even more things like these kind of in-jokes for me to like it even more. TPTB, keep it up, I loved it!

On a side note, the books were better than the movie, though I did enjoy watching the movie as well. It's a shame that what DNA wrote that got put in The Salmon of Doubt didn't get finished. (Not a HHGTTG book, but Dirk Gently is good as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
                    Movies are frequently inferior to the corresponding books.

Take Dune for instance: there are no good Dune movies ... And "the children of dune" movie is impossible to follow unless you know the book already.
                    True. And most of them fequently separate from the book midway-to end. Take for example, Eragon. At the start it was pretty acurrate, with some mistakes, but midway-end it seperated completely, especially in the last battle .
                    http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

yeah i liked the movie, but i wish i could pick up on these movie references a lot quicker, i mean i miss the last one from "Travelers" when he said his name was Reed Richards
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by FalconSpirit View Post
                        When I graduated from high school, the line about 42 being the answer to life, the universe, and everything was on the little banner that they had for each student.

Such a geek. As if Stargate Atlantis needed even more things like these kind of in-jokes for me to like it even more. TPTB, keep it up, I loved it!

On a side note, the books were better than the movie, though I did enjoy watching the movie as well. It's a shame that what DNA wrote that got put in The Salmon of Doubt didn't get finished. (Not a HHGTTG book, but Dirk Gently is good as well.)
                        Just a little side note. Though what he was writing was a Dirk Gently novel, DNA did say at some point that he was considering changing the plot so it was a Hitchhikers book instead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Salmon_of_Doubt
                        O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
                        [Cut to shot of the door]
                        [Cut back to O'Neill]
                        O'NEILL: Any time now.
                        [Cut back to door]

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          The Book(s) is awesome. Douglas Adams was a wonderful writer, he wrote/contributed to many Doctor Who eps back in the day... I miss him, they don't write clever, witty scifi like that much anymore. Well Doctor Who aside.

I like that McKay (tptb) respect DA enough to use "42" as part of McKay's password. I bet David got a kick out of it too, being a Doctor Who fan and all.
                          wow i just saw your video on your live journal very nice and sweet,

questions are looping certain scenes over and are some of the scene from the upcoming episode Outcast ?
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            I see your point. I love the LOTR books and movies but didn't know this was a book. I'll give that a try as the movie was very, very bad.
                            I didn't hate the movie, but I sure didn't like it! Great actors, IMHO, but it was just...just...wrong.

The book, though, totally rocks. Just do like I do for any Highlander movie after the first one. "There can be only one!"

Forget it ever happened. Then you can read the book without any ill-feelings.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

..bought the movie a long time ago, never viewed it till posting came up...funny. Maybe the MALP should be renamed into Marvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                                I didn't hate the movie, but I sure didn't like it! Great actors, IMHO, but it was just...just...wrong.

The book, though, totally rocks. Just do like I do for any Highlander movie after the first one. "There can be only one!"

Forget it ever happened. Then you can read the book without any ill-feelings.
                                Ugh Highlander. Whoever decided the plot for the movies after the first needs to be shot.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X