Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not really claustrophobic but when he was crawling through the vents... that was more nerve-racking than Sheppard climbing the tower. And what was Teyla doing on the ledge...?
    Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

Originally posted by desh View Post

Finally: Why isn't Radek a main character by now? He's in every episode!
      do you remember what happen to Paul McGillion when he went from recurring to full time???
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ok a few things about this episode.

It was not the greatest episode. It defintely was not the worst either. The episode started off slow, but it had some nice character moments.

Sheppard/Teyla

We learned how much Sheppard cares about Teyla and her baby and that she may not want to risk her baby. Sheppard using the cop as an example was brilliant. The entire Sheppard scene outside the city was very well done. Excellent special effects and etc.

Ronon/Keller

I think Ronon and Keller had some nice moments. Ronon was very honest with Keller about thinking she was weak when she first arrived. I loved the "Jaws" bit! Excellent pop culture. The Oxygen tank bit was pretty cool

Mckay/Katie

All I can say is Mckay needs to grow up and become a man. He truly messed that entire moment up with Katie. Blaming himself that he was not ready I think was his way of saying how scared he was.

Carter/Zelenka

Carter was working on her computer like the old SG-1 days, I always love that. Zelenka rocked in this episode. I was laughing when he falls out of the air-duct into the power room.

Not a bad episode overall, but I was truly expecting more.
        sigpic

Comment

The only thing half way good about this episode was, well, there wasn't much.

Good:

Sheppard worried about Teyla having her baby and the scene with the baby kicking. Nice moment.

All Zelenka scenes, except when the writers made him stupid and had him fry the laptop.

Carter finally used her brain, for a few minutes anyway.

Lorne! But there wasn't enough of Lorne this week.

The Bad:

Sheppard's climb. How convenient that he had all those foot and hand holds all the way up! Whew, that was scary - not!

The Ancient builders of Atlantis can create a lockdown where the whole facility can be sealed, but the glass breaks on contact. Yeah, right.

No one can open the door because the mechanisms have been disconnected. Even Ronon can't get a budge. But Shep and Lorne can easily pull doors open for Carter and Zelenka. *shakes head*

Teyla - I love her this year, but all that talk about protecting her baby the last few weeks, and she stupidly goes out to get fresh air? Hey writers, I can understand her worries, but a quick look up from the broken window would have been fine, but having her stand out on the ledge? That was just dumb.

Rodney was irritating. Katie was, um, boring. I kinda liked Rodney's nervousness in the beginning, then I just wanted him to shut up.

The Worst of the Worst:

Keller and Ronon. OMG, those were the most embarrassingly bad scenes from this entire season. Ronon says she is weak, she agrees, then whines yet again about how super smart she is and how she missed all those parties. Sheesh. Write her out now!

I hope to never see this episode again. It was just stinky.

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
            I just have to take a second and let in an air of relief. I was a little scarad that TPTB was going to kill off Katie Brown because of the speculation that was going on the forum. I always thought she made McKay a better person. I am so glad that didn't kill her off but it kind of leaves the McKay/Brown relationship at a questionable place. What happens to thes two people now? I guess only time will tell. It seem like the writers are learning from their mistakes that were made in the first half of season four. Carter was able to outsmart Zelenka in the transporter room and wire a computer into the city. Too bad Zelenka decided to overload himself and comput, however, that was quite humerous to watch. Their have some people questioning the age of Keller being able to be a doctor in Atlantis. Thank you so much for answering this question by telling us that Keller is a child prodigy. The whole, lets shoot a oxygem tank through the door was hilarious even if it didn't work. I have to say I didn't care for for the relationship between Ronon and Keller. I know nothing happened but it doesn't seem like they have the same personality. Maybe, Ronon just likes people who work in the medicial profession (Satedia). The tiny scene between Sheppard and Teyla where they were talking about what Teyla was going to do after her child was born and how Sheppard said that everyone was family on Atlantis. Sadly, I was a little disappointed that was all the time for Teyla in this episode. I imagine that RL's pregnancy was a factor in her limited screentime in this episode. Sheppard climbing the Atlantis tower was hilarious to watch. I imagine a Sheppard obsesive friend of mine enjoyed that scene.?* Zelenka crawling through the ventalation shaft was very entertaining to watch especially the part were he crashed into the power room. Lastly, ending a character episode with the Atlantis team in the mess hall is a good way to show how the experence has changed the team. Did anyone see that look Keller gave Ronon?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

why why WHY is Mckay always excluded from team moments?! the pregnancy, now this? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
              sigpic
              It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                why why WHY is Mckay always excluded from team moments?! the pregnancy, now this? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
                it was refreshing to see someone solve the problem besides Rodney
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I really miss episodes with Sheppard and McKay together. I thought, it would be time for an episode with good Shep McKay friendship stuff, but I only got a few minutes with them together. Must say I am disappointed about that.

Apart from that, however, I liked the episode. And I am SO grateful they didn't go through with the marriage thing!!! I have feared Katie would say "yes" for the entire episode. Don't get me wrong, I liked Katie and the Rodney/Katie relationship once, but I have to say, she's going on my nerves and by now, I think it would be too good to be true if they broke up already. I mean, one episode a season with her would be fine with me, but there've been way too many already.

Good things: Sheppard Teyla scenes (and that although I didn't like the scenes between them much last episode), Sheppard climbing Atlantis (wow! seriously. Plus: I was glad that he wasn't stuck with Teyla for the entire time), Carter Zelenka scenes (and that although I am totally anti-Carter) and Ronon Keller scenes.

Not so much: Rodney Katie scenes, like I said before. Everytime it switched to those too, I feared they'd get engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Jelgate's Two Cents
                    I just have to take a second and let in an air of relief. I was a little scarad that TPTB was going to kill off Katie Brown because of the speculation that was going on the forum.
                    Never trust an internet forum discussion that is based on rumors and made-up facts. That's what I've learned. Especially here. Things get distorted and it's like throwing a stone in a lake, as the ripples get farther and farther away it is hard to tell where the original source of the stone was thrown.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good episode...but...but I really missed Todd.

Probably shouldn't have watched Common Ground, BAMSR & SoW like...30 times...over the last week...

But back to this episode.

I liked it - but didn't LOVE it. What I would have liked to see are two guys locked in together (get your minds out of the slash gutter). I mean, it's kind of cliche to have the trapped guy/girl thing. Not sure which two guys would have been good to see in that situation - maybe Ronon and Rodney, though I think only one would have come out alive had that been the case.

Best things were the references to Hitchhiker's Guide, and Jaws! Love stuff like that!

das
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't understand why everyone is so gun ho on getting rid of Keller. I think she could add a softer side to Ronin, plus it would give Shepperd fodder for picking at him. I think it was well done because you have to consider these are two characters who are not very emotional so this is the way you would expect them to act when they get in a situation. Story wise they were bound to get to know one another because of all the time Ronin has to spend in the infirmary

Comment

A lovely episode, lots of fun, sweet even.

As much as I love a good action-packed shoot-em-up episode, an ep like this is a welcome change of pace.

So cool that some of the minor characters got face time. Chuck! And Katie! and Zalenka, yeah! Did anyone catch a name for the female control room tech?

My fav scene? Shepherd feeling the baby kick. Which begs the question...it's kinda been established that Shepherd is reticent about the touch-feely emotional stuff, and has a real problem with hugging (he's so cute when he's looking all awkward and queasy) but he didn't seem to have any trouble touching Teyla's tummy. It looked to me like he was already reaching for her when she took his hand and put on her belly. And grinning!

So not the best ep, not a long shot, but definitely one of the most fun eps. Definitely worth rewatching. I'd give it a solid 8/10, with a 9/10 for the giggle quotient.

ladyjanus

Comment

Yeah, it was a shame that there only were male/females locked in.
                            I would have loved to see Rodney and John locked in together! (And no, not from a slashy point of view, but in regard to their friendship.)
                            As it was, the very first scene was my favorite scenes, but unfortunatelly also the only John Rodney scene.

Also loved the fact that John knew Rodney's password!

No one can open the door because the mechanisms have been disconnected. Even Ronon can't get a budge. But Shep and Lorne can easily pull doors open for Carter and Zelenka. *shakes head*
                            Well, they tried to get it open from both sides, whereas all of the others were only able to try from one side and only in pairs. (Versus two one side one, two from the other.)

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              it was refreshing to see someone solve the problem besides Rodney
                              I'm not talking about solving the problem. You're right, it was awesome to see Zelenka in action. I'm talking about after that, when everyone was in the commissary. Mckay gets left out of team moments too often. It feels like Shep/Teyla/Ronon are a team, with this Mckay guy that comes along sometimes.
                              sigpic
                              It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                                I'm not talking about solving the problem. You're right, it was awesome to see Zelenka in action. I'm talking about after that, when everyone was in the commissary. Mckay gets left out of team moments too often. It feels like Shep/Teyla/Ronon are a team, with this Mckay guy that comes along sometimes.
                                those three are closer with each other then they are with Rodney, maybe with the exception of John, and I know I along with others was very dissapointed that Rodney wasnt there for the pregnancy news
                                BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Working...
                                X