This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edain View Post
    Not to become a pig or anything, but it's no secret what men think about constantly, and even if we have mastered control over our urges, sometimes we just can't help looking. It's not necessarily a bad thing, more of a compliment to your beauty.
    Well my sig is what a mans brain really looks like. I'm a guy and when I found it I was like wow that is spot on.

Comment

Another very solid ep.

Comment

Well, last weeks ep absolutely knocked my socks off. This week, I knew the ep wouldn't have that much of an impact compared to last week, and i'm done comparing eps to be honest, it just got too hard.

Soooooooooooooo, I know you've all been dying to hear what I have to say. So here goes.

I watched. And while it's not up there as one of my faves it had some really nice character moments, from Shep's overprtectiveness with Teyla to Zelenka and his pidgeons. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the continuity in season 4? As for the storyline, mmmmmmm, while it held my attention, I didn't feel as if I felt the peril, or the jeapordy if that makes sense. It was a nice character driven story with some lovely bonding scenes (well, except for Rodney) , but the story itself didn't have me on the edge of my seat.

I was a bit disappointed that Rodney seemed to go back to his old ways; hypochondriac, stressed out and couldn't give a stuff about anyone but himself. I'd definately agree with his own self assessment that he's not quite ready for marriage. I don't know, I guess i'm thinking aloud, but my spideysense is tingling with him at the moment. Something's defiately going on with him under the surface, not sure what it is yet.

While I loved the little moments everyone had and it was nice to see Zelenka saving the day. Hearing more about Keller and Ronon's past was a nice touch and it was nice to see a mix up of the team. I'm slowly getting used to Keller, it's only taken me a few months, but i'm just like British rail, I may be slow, but i'll get there in the end. As for the whump, you know you can never go wrong with whump, even if it's just baby whump, and by that I mean for Shep not for Teyla!

I'm surprised actually that we seem to know more about Keller's past than Shep's, but hopefully that will be all done and dusted in Outcast.

I do like character stories, and I think we did learn quite a bit with everyone in this ep, and I like that, but sorry, it's unlikely to make my top ten out of all 4 seasons.

I'm kind of glad that Katie may be out the picture (closing the door, deeply symbolic. ) Sorry, the character doesn't do much for me, sugar and spice and all things nice. I think to be honest I would have warmed to her more if she slapped Rodney upside the head in this ep, because he certainly needed it.

I liked spideyShep What can I say, i'm shallow, and there were some nice *cough*shots of him manouvering about the Tower. Some of the shots of the climb and the Tower aswell as the perspectives (like Carter and Radek in the lift looked good, and other bits, it did look a bit......

So for me, 7/10 because of the nice character moments, jokes and continuity.
        Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 19 January 2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
          I liked spideyShep
          I think he played too much Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Carter is (supposed to be) military. Elizabeth was a civilian.

And only after Radek had gotten a quick look inside, who got the balcony shuffed his face. Poor man ... or maybe not. Depends how you look at it.
            I can see where you're coming from, but to me their background is irrelevant. They are both currently head of Atlantis; IMO that's the only measure of appropriateness (is that a word? ) of the attire. The fact that one's background is civilian and the other's is military matters not a whit to me. :shrug:
            Anyway, just thought it was one of the many things in this ep that made me laugh.

Comment

I think everyone is selling Rodney a little short here. Isn't it his worst fear that he cannot same the day and that everyone will die because he couldn't do anything, that fear would probably make him want to lie down and die. Also, in Sunday, he did say something to Katie that he was surprised that she liked him because when people really learn to know him they run away from him. I think Rodney's behavior was probably fuel by the fact that althought he thought he wanted to move to the next step with Katie, deep down he wasn't ready for it and the situation he was in only brought out more of his insecurities. I think he only propose to Katie because of what Jeannie told him in Miller's Crossing, she knew exactly which buttons to push to make him insecure about himself. And at the end, he probably really felt sick because althought it's not clear if they broke up, he just saw this as another failure he can attached to what he perceives as his ever growing list. Let's face it, among all the characters, Rodney is probably the one who has faced the most difficult situations. People tend to forget that Sheppard, Teyla & Ronon are all trained soldiers, however, Rodney never had such training, he has had to learn on the fly in the field and although there has been a lot of whinning, he has done pretty well for himself because let's face it some of the stuff he has seen and been through would have made a lot of people run back to earth quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                or maybe that old atari game where all you do is climb and dodge objects
                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                sigpic

Comment

Well, last weeks ep absolutely knocked my socks off. This week, I knew the ep wouldn't have that much of an impact compared to last week, and i'm done comparing eps to be honest, it just got too hard.

Soooooooooooooo, I know you've all been dying to hear what I have to say. So here goes.

I watched. And while it's not up there as one of my faves it had some really nice character moments, from Shep's overprtectiveness with Teyla to Zelenka and his pidgeons. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the continuity in season 4? As for the storyline, mmmmmmm, while it held my attention, I didn't feel as if I felt the peril, or the jeapordy if that makes sense. It was a nice character driven story with some lovely bonding scenes (well, except for Rodney) , but the story itself didn't have me on the edge of my seat.

I was a bit disappointed that Rodney seemed to go back to his old ways; hypochondriac, stressed out and couldn't give a stuff about anyone but himself. I'd definately agree with his own self assessment that he's not quite ready for marriage. I don't know, I guess i'm thinking aloud, but my spideysense is tingling with him at the moment. Something's defiately going on with him under the surface, not sure what it is yet.

While I loved the little moments everyone had and it was nice to see Zelenka saving the day. Hearing more about Keller and Ronon's past was a nice touch and it was nice to see a mix up of the team. I'm slowly getting used to Keller, it's only taken me a few months, but i'm just like British rail, I may be slow, but i'll get there in the end. As for the whump, you know you can never go wrong with whump, even if it's just baby whump, and by that I mean for Shep not for Teyla!

I'm surprised actually that we seem to know more about Keller's past than Shep's, but hopefully that will be all done and dusted in Outcast.

I do like character stories, and I think we did learn quite a bit with everyone in this ep, and I like that, but sorry, it's unlikely to make my top ten out of all 4 seasons.

I'm kind of glad that Katie may be out the picture (closing the door, deeply symbolic. ) Sorry, the character doesn't do much for me, sugar and spice and all things nice. I think to be honest I would have warmed to her more if she slapped Rodney upside the head in this ep, because he certainly needed it.

I liked spideyShep What can I say, i'm shallow, and there were some nice *cough*shots of him manouvering about the Tower. Some of the shots of the climb and the Tower aswell as the perspectives (like Carter and Radek in the lift looked good, and other bits, it did look a bit......

So for me, 7/10 because of the nice character moments, jokes and continuity.
                  Is this still the peace thread?

Comment

Well, last weeks ep absolutely knocked my socks off. This week, I knew the ep wouldn't have that much of an impact compared to last week, and i'm done comparing eps to be honest, it just got too hard. ?*Soooooooooooooo, I know you've all been dying to hear what I have to say. So here goes. ?*I watched. And while it's not up there as one of my faves it had some really nice character moments, from Shep's overprtectiveness with Teyla to Zelenka and his pidgeons. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the continuity in season 4? As for the storyline, mmmmmmm,?* while it held my attention, I didn't feel as if I felt the peril, or the jeapordy if that makes sense. It was a nice character driven story with some lovely bonding scenes (well, except for Rodney) , but the story itself didn't have me on the edge of my seat. ?*?*I was a bit disappointed that Rodney seemed to go back to his old ways; hypochondriac, stressed out and couldn't give a stuff about anyone but himself. I'd definately agree with his own self assessment that he's not quite ready for marriage. I don't know, I guess i'm thinking aloud, but something's definately going on with him. Not quite sure what just yet, but my spideysense is tingling with him at the moment. Something's defiately going on with him under the surface, not sure what it is yet.?*While I loved the little moments everyone had and it was nice to see Zelenka saving the day. Hearing more about Keller and Ronon's past was a nice touch and it was nice to see a mix up of the team. I'm slowly getting used to Keller, it's only taken me a few months, but i'm just like British rail, I may be slow, but i'll get there in the end. As for the whump, you know you can never go wrong with whump, even if it's just baby whump, and by that I mean for Shep not for Teyla! ?*I'm surprised actually that we seem to know more about Keller's past than Shep's, but hopefully that will be all done and dusted in Outcast. ?*I do like character stories, and I think we did learn quite a bit with everyone in this ep, and I like that, but sorry, it's unlikely to make my top ten out of all 4 seasons. ?*I'm kind of glad that Katie may be out the picture (closing the door, deeply symbolic. ) Sorry, the character doesn't do much for me, sugar and spice and all things nice. I think to be honest I would have warmed to her more if she slapped Rodney upside the head in this ep, because he certainly needed it. ?*I liked spideyShep What can I say, i'm shallow, and there were some nice *cough*shots of him manouvering about the Tower. Some of the shots of the climb and the Tower aswell as the perspectives (like Carter and Radek in the lift looked good, and other bits, it did look a bit...... So for me, 7/10 because of the nice character moments, jokes and continuity.
                    And the novel continues. You are the shallowest of the shallow.. Yay, we can disagree Peg. I liked Katie Brown. I felt that she made Rodney look more human. I think the reason he was complainig in this episode was the fact that he was out of his element. He tends to worry when other people have to save him (Grace Under Pressure, anyone.) ?*
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I like Keller; a lot of really smart kids I knew during freshman year of high school never got to experience a social life, and it ate at them terribly. Keller emobides this perfectly, the genius who always feels left out in the cold due to her intellect. I think she did fine, and Ronin always seems to have a thing for the "softer" side of people, despite his very "hard" exterior.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by edain View Post
                        Not to become a pig or anything, but it's no secret what men think about constantly, and even if we have mastered control over our urges, sometimes we just can't help looking. It's not necessarily a bad thing, more of a compliment to your beauty.
                        You put that nicely. I realize what men think about constantly, but I also think highly enough of men to think they are able to command self-control. I simply don't like leering. It can be pretty nasty when you're subjected to it and I didn't like Radek's glance being played for comedic effect in that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by gebtkd View Post
                          I think everyone is selling Rodney a little short here. Isn't it his worst fear that he cannot same the day and that everyone will die because he couldn't do anything, that fear would probably make him want to lie down and die. Also, in Sunday, he did say something to Katie that he was surprised that she liked him because when people really learn to know him they run away from him. I think Rodney's behavior was probably fuel by the fact that althought he thought he wanted to move to the next step with Katie, deep down he wasn't ready for it and the situation he was in only brought out more of his insecurities. I think he only propose to Katie because of what Jeannie told him in Miller's Crossing, she knew exactly which buttons to push to make him insecure about himself. And at the end, he probably really felt sick because althought it's not clear if they broke up, he just saw this as another failure he can attached to what he perceives as his ever growing list. Let's face it, among all the characters, Rodney is probably the one who has faced the most difficult situations. People tend to forget that Sheppard, Teyla & Ronon are all trained soldiers, however, Rodney never had such training, he has had to learn on the fly in the field and although there has been a lot of whinning, he has done pretty well for himself because let's face it some of the stuff he has seen and been through would have made a lot of people run back to earth quickly.
                          I think you made some good points there, and we know Rodney's a hypochondriac, but I don't know, he just seemed more hypochondriacy (my new word ) than normal. I think you might be right about the marriage thing, and that Jeannie influenced him somewhat, but, I don't know, something's just not quite right with him at the moment, and we're getting lots of 'cluey type of things' in the eps to suggest somethings going to happen, I just wish I knew what. I do think sometimes his insecurities make him revert back to his old ways though.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                          or maybe that old atari game where all you do is climb and dodge objects
                          Or donkey kong.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                          Is this still the peace thread?
                          No babe, go for your life.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          And the novel continues. You are the shallowest of the shallow.. Yay, we can disagree Peg. I liked Katie Brown. I felt that she made Rodney look more human. I think the reason he was complainig in this episode was the fact that he was out of his element. He tends to worry when other people have to save him (Grace Under Pressure, anyone.) ?*
                          Me, a novel length post? Surely not. *adjusts her halo* See isn't it purty shining so brightly.

We're going to disagree JEL??!! Goodness me, I might have to sit down for this. You like Katie? Sweet innocent Katie. BUT BUT BUT she's too sugary babe, I thought you liked the feisty ones? I just wished she'd have slapped him upside the head to be honest I don't think i'd have been able to resist. She's, I don't know got no sparkle, I like characters with flaws and little foiables and I guess she's too nice, if that's possible. I know he's used to being the one to save the day, so it was probably a bit of a blow to his ego, but I don't know, we've seen him in worse situations than that, and he's said it himself, he thinks better under the threat of certain death. And he really didn't know that the self destruct was off, and yet he just lay there wallowing. And it wasn't his normal wallowing either.

Comment

No babe, go for your life.
                            I'm going but dunno how long I'll be gone .

*****Gets dressed, opens door, leaves ....****

P.S: So you hate Ms. Brown, eh? Shame on you! Go to your room!. I don't see anyone else loving Rodney except Katie. Ms. Brown has a rare personality and girls like her are scarce nowadays. Larrin is simply vulgar, whereas Katie, down to earth, special, and accepts a man for his faults. She wanted to say yes today .

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                              I've seen all Keller's episodes, and all I see is a self-conscious, spineless, whining, tactless, incompetent doctor, who never seems to have the ability to actually SAVE someone. But at least she can do stitches! Wow, I'm impressed.
                              I really don't think we have seen the same show as that is not the Keller I have seen.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                                Jewel must absolutely cringe when she's handed her scripts. Seriously, how can you feel any kind of empathy for such a self centred, "oh woe is me" kind of character.

First with Teyla, now with Ronon.

I can't for the life of me understand how TPTB thought that this character was a good idea.

I like Jewel, but Keller --- OMG. Someone feed her to the wraith, for crying out loud.
                                That is not the character that I have seen. The Keller I have seen is a great doctor that wasnt ready for this but has grown since her arival.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X