Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know who played Sheppards brother? He looks so familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
      Wow, I was right it was Terminator 2.

I dont know why little things catch my eye, but why was ronan wearing a watch. I mean I understand they should have him blend in more human like clothes but why would he bother with a watch. I liked his table manners at the wake.
      I never noticed ronon wearing a watch i have to watch outcast again

Just noticed when going through the screencaps for miller’s crossing at stargatecaps
      I never noticed That ronon was wearing a watch in that episode as well.
      http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...ssing0185.html

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
      A few questions for all you die hard fans out there:

1) Where could I get high res screen caps of the episode (beyond what's available at MGM/Sci Fi)? In particular, has anyone seen a blown up copy of the Globe business article which headlined "Utilities mogul Patrick Sheppard dies at 69" (I think)?
      www.stargatecaps.com is where you will find them they haven't been uploaded yet but they will be eventually
      http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/

Pics of the newspaper
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=51019

Originally posted by smushybird View Post

Was Sheppard's brother older or younger?
      Older at least that's the impression i got on first seeing him

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
      Ronon goes to Earth again and this time took his gun.
      Vala,
      Ronon brought his gun with him to earth in miller's crossing.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...ssing0575.html

Did you miss that episode?

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
      -Ronan on Earth, is always great. I would love to see Teyla and Ronan get lost on Earth on their own once, in like a shopping center of something!
      That i'd like to see

Ronon sees a weapons store

Ronon to teyla see you later

Teyla see you later i've found a maternity shop to go into (mothercare)

Loved the scene between shep and rodney

John's brother what a *******

Liked Sheppard’s ex-wife i was expecting her to be a ***** but was pleasantly surprised

The replicator burning up on re-entry was cool

Wasn't expecting ava to be a replicator nice twist

I hated that doctor who created the replicator and didn't feel any sympathy for him when the replicator killed him

Loved the new scenes of the apollo in space it's about time there were new ones the usual ones are getting old

ATLANTIS. John Sheppard and Ronon Dex are walking along a corridor.

DEX: I watched it last night. There was hardly any fighting.

SHEPPARD: That's 'cause it's not about fighting.

DEX: Then why's it called "Blades of Glory"?

SHEPPARD: 'Cause it's about ... skate blades.

DEX: And this is a real sport? Men and women dancing around on ice?

SHEPPARD: Unfortunately.

DEX: Your planet's weird.

SHEPPARD: Mmm, you can say that again.

A LITTLE LATER. Ronon has found a food table in the garden and is loading as many sandwiches and cakes as he can onto a plate. He looks up at a man and woman who are watching him from the other side of the table.

DEX: This is free, right?

WOMAN: Yes, it's free.

hopefully there will be more episodes in which ronon gets to go to earth.
      Last edited by generaloneill; 08 February 2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

It was a good episode, overall. I think Ava establishing her backstory was a little forced at the beginning, though and made her suspicious right away.

I agree with everyone who said that it was nice to get some Shep backstory! I would never have thought he came from all that. I can only imagine how angry his dad was when he went military. Although the nice makeup scene with his handsome brother at the end was nice.

Ronon in jeans is just too hot. They had many butt shots I noticed as well.

Lastly, what happened to the week quarantine they're supposed to spend on the midway station? I think it they forgot about it for convenience's sake.

Overall, very nice! People really need to stop playing with nanites! Bad things happen! lol
        sigpic

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. At last! A good chunk of back story for Shep. What I loved about it was that, although we got questions answered about his history, this only threw up another set of questions. So there's still a hint of mystery about the guy. I like that! That was nicely done by the writers.

I didn't twig that Ava was a replicator and the ending she had I didn't see that coming either, so that was interesting.

I thought all the guest stars were good. Especially liked Kari as Shep's ex. She just seems right for the part. Hope we see her again some time. As others have said, he does seem to like the long-haired brunettes doesn't he?! Heh! There's hope for me yet then!!

Ronon is just going from strength to strength this season. I've always thought he was a good character but he's getting more interesting this year. S'good!

As for Joe Flanigan...well...I think he's the best thing since sliced bread!! Such a fab actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            Lastly, what happened to the week quarantine they're supposed to spend on the midway station? I think it they forgot about it for convenience's sake.
            IIRC it's 24 hours quarantine, and I'm pretty sure that bereavement/emergency leave would end up being exempt, with just a quick checkup by the SGC doctors before release.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
              Okay, about the whole Replicator in the VR world thing...She said that she wasn't allowed to work in any scientific field...Why? Since she's in a VR world and can't harm anyone, why not let her think that she works for the government and have someone oversee her work. A replicator's bound to be fairly clever...Might have come up with something useful...
              Perhaps cause if she works in science, she might find out she is stuck in that VR world..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Perhaps cause if she works in science, she might find out she is stuck in that VR world..
                How exactly would that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                  I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. At last! A good chunk of back story for Shep. What I loved about it was that, although we got questions answered about his history, this only threw up another set of questions. So there's still a hint of mystery about the guy. I like that! That was nicely done by the writers.

I didn't twig that Ava was a replicator and the ending she had I didn't see that coming either, so that was interesting.

I thought all the guest stars were good. Especially liked Kari as Shep's ex. She just seems right for the part. Hope we see her again some time. As others have said, he does seem to like the long-haired brunettes doesn't he?! Heh! There's hope for me yet then!!

Ronon is just going from strength to strength this season. I've always thought he was a good character but he's getting more interesting this year. S'good!

As for Joe Flanigan...well...I think he's the best thing since sliced bread!! Such a fab actor.

Agreed. Finally we see more of Sheps backstory.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by visose View Post
                    I know this is scifi and there are lots of science stuff they get wrong on purpose to make it more interesting, but the "buringing up on re-entry" I think was maybe too much.
                    Things burn up on reentry because they are moving through the atmosphere at really high speeds. Satelites move at 30000 km/h or so, depending on the orbit. If you place a static object on the atmosphere and they fall by the force of gravity, they won't burn, as i understand it. Correct me if i'm wrong please. Skydivers don't burn up! While on the atmosphere, you reach what its called 'terminal velocity', that means that the atmosphere slows you down and you don't keep accelerating, so the replicator wouldn't reach a speed similar to the satelites that burn up on reeentry.
                    Yeah... when I saw that part I was like "OH COME ON......"

Don't these people have a scientific advisor when coming up with these ideas?
                    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

This was an ok episode. I liked seeing a little of Shep's backstory & it was good to see that TPTB remembered Bates. I really liked that Dr. Lee wasn't a dolt in this episode. They did too much of that in the last couple of seasons. I mean he wouldn't have the job if he was a complete idiot, would he?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        This was an ok episode. I liked seeing a little of Shep's backstory & it was good to see that TPTB remembered Bates. I really liked that Dr. Lee wasn't a dolt in this episode. They did too much of that in the last couple of seasons. I mean he wouldn't have the job if he was a complete idiot, would he?

An average episode the only good bits were the twist at the end and shepherd's family dynamics. otherwise a bit of a yawner.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                          How exactly would that happen?
                          Scientifi inconsistencies in her 'reality'..

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                            Yeah... when I saw that part I was like "OH COME ON......"

Actually what happened to the Replicator actually would happen. He was high enough in the atmosphere that he would burn up. He was way higher than any skydiver.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                              No Andre Bormanis. Sorry.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                Actually what happened to the Replicator actually would happen. He was high enough in the atmosphere that he would burn up. He was way higher than any skydiver.
                                We went over this on earlier posts. Someone in the forum made a program that calculated the speed of the replicator factoring atmosphere density and variable gravity. It seemed impossible to happen the way is shown in the episode. I guess he should be much much higher and should have to be accelerating for a long time.
                                It would be nice if someone who knows about this stuff read this forum, but they probably have better things to do

Comment

Working...
                                X