Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Outcast" Pre-Airing and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    I posted this on JM's blog, so thought i'd post my speculation here.

I was thinking about the "Outcast" ep and on going back through your blog I saw this question from 6th August.

"Anonymous #3 writes: "Any plans for an ice planet for our Atlantis expedition members this year? Or any other really different sort of planet environment?"

"Answer: Hmmmmmmmmmmm..."

So, I was wondering. By the Antarctic, there's a couple of islands, called 'Outcast' and as it's set on Earth, and with you Hmmmmming about an Ice planet.

Outcast islands

Not sure where the mystery guest comes into it though

*hopes it's Bates*
    Hmmm, interesting thought, but if that's it, hope it's not done in vein of that SG1 episode where Sam and Jack got stuck in the Antarctic.... (in other words, been there, done that) and don't know how ex-wife and 'special guest star' would fit in. Well, we have a long time to speculate, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      By the Antarctic, there's a couple of islands, called 'Outcast' and as it's set on Earth, and with you Hmmmmming about an Ice planet.
      Great find. There could something special about one of these islands or something on one of them. Ancient something! Sheppard comes to Earth to help figure out what it is. Start with the scifi, and develop story from there. I do so hope this backstory is not told in visions ala Phantoms.

It would be interesting, after all the speculation, if ‘outcast’ does not refer to Sheppard at all (or not only to him).
      sigpic

Comment

I hope the returning character will be Bates.

But there are other possibilities:
        Spoiler:

1. Weir : They cure her in 4x11 and they will send Elizabeth back to Earth. But JM menioned that she will be only in three episode (4x01, 4x02 and 4x11)
        2. Kolya : He survived John's shots, but they postponed his return to season 5.
        3. Ford : He escaped from the Wraith Hive, but JM mentioned that we won't see him.
        4. Bates : He worked in SGC at Landry after the long recoving. He hates Teyla so much, that he would like to no return to Atlantis.
        5. Kavanaugh : John will meet with him at Earth.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

Spoiler:

1. Weir : They cure her in 4x11 and they will send Elizabeth back to Earth. But JM menioned that she will be only in three episode (4x01, 4x02 and 4x11)
          3. Ford : He escaped from the Wraith Hive, but JM mentioned that we won't see him.
          4. Bates : He worked in SGC at Landry after the long recoving. He hates Teyla so much, that he would like to no return to Atlantis.

Out of all of those, it could only be
          Spoiler:
          Bates. JM specifically said that the returning character is someone we haven't seen since Season 1. We saw Weir & Kolya in Season 3 and Ford & Kavanaugh in Season 2.

Unless we're counting The Siege 3 as part of Season 1
          Spoiler:
          which would make Everett a possibility, my money is on the character being Bates.

JM even said we would probably be able to guess who the guest character is. Seeing as off the top of my head I can think of only one character who suffered serious and debilitating injury in Season 1 and whom we have not seen since Season 1, it's an easy guess.
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Spoiler:

Weir is in 4 episodes of the first half of the season, we just don't know the 4th one yet. Also, we don't know if she is in 4x11, we do know that she is in 4x10 though

Comment

Oops. I wrote a wrong episode number. Weir will be in 4x10. But if I remember well, JM mentioned somewhere that her 4 episodes will be only 3.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Oops. I wrote a wrong episode number. Weir will be in 4x10. But if I remember well, JM mentioned somewhere that her 4 episodes will be only 3.
                Hm, I don't remember him saying that? Ah well, I guess we will know soon enough.

I was thinking, because TMC, BAMSR, and TSOW episodes are in essence a three parter, and Weir will be in TMC, does it not make sense that she will be in BAMSR and possibly even TSOW as well?

Comment

Spoiler:

Actually, we can rule out almost everyone...
                  JM said the character was left with a delibitating injury (now what he means by that is... the last time we saw the character? or actually did get left with a debilitating, non-fixable injury??) in season one.
                  Spoiler:
                  Anyway, it narrows down to Bates. They've said Ford won't be in season 4.

Comment

Anonymous #1 writes: “For the rest of us, can you tell us if the four episodes Torri will be in are all in the first half of season four? Is there a chance Torri could appear in more episodes in the back of the season (hopefully a lot more)?”

Answer: Yes and yes.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...l-12-2007.html

Anonymous #4 writes: “Gives us the update, Joe. How many episodes will Torri be in?”

Answer: Four.
                    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...ay-4-2007.html

Anonymous #1 writes: “Someone who was at a recent con said that Torri's been in five of the first ten episodes, not four. Is that correct??”

Answer: That is incorrect.

Anonymous #1 also writes: “Is there a chance for her to be in more in the second half of the season?”

Answer: It’s possible.
                    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-24-2007.html

So, you were right, I remembered wrong. 4 episodes in the first half! They have to be 4x01-4x02 and 4x10-4x11. But I hope for Outcast too.
                    Last edited by Platschu; 17 August 2007, 08:26 AM.

Comment

So, you were right, I remembered wrong. 4 episodes in the first half! They have to be 4x01-4x02 and 4x10-4x11. But I hope for Outcast too.
                      But 4x11 isn't in the first half, that means there is an episode we do not know she is in between 4x03 and 4x09

Ah I think we are going a bit too off topic now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                        From Joes blog today:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-16-2007.html

This episode is sounding better and better...
                        I'm feeling a lot better about this ep now. I was a bit worried at the beginning, only because I prefer lots of action, to mushy stuff Lots of gunfire, lots of blood, lots of fights and great team moments...
                        Still ignoring the whole ex-wife thing. )

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                        Seriously ill or injured......yep that idea sounds awesome!!!

Love all the speculation.
                        Spoken like a true whumper!

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                        I really am vehemently against the idea of flashbacks. In Phantoms it worked because they were blended into the story in the form of hallucinations and it worked well but on the whole flashbacks are lazy story telling. If it's well written we will be able to read between the lines and know what has happened in the past without being shown it.
                        How do you know the similar sort of technique won't be used here if they use flashbacks? They may prefer to do it in a current storyline telling to give us the backstory. Have someone (in the current timeframe) telling the story about what happened? I love reading between the lines and letting my imagination run wild when it comes to backstories and trying to decipher why people are like they are, and I don't really mind how they go about doing it, be it through flashbacks or through others. I can't really see Sheppard spilling his guts... although that last bit sounds extremely appealing... I really don't know why though...

Besides which there may not be any one event in his past that is referenced, if the episode is going to have an action element then I would guess it is dealing with a current issue and that the backstory will simply come from the inclusion of people from his past. Shep isn't the kind of guy to bare his soul but the people who knew him before Atlantis might be more forthcoming and we can learn a lot just from the conversations he has with his ex and whoever else we get to meet. Just by seeing their interaction we will get to see what kind of relationship they have/had and if you meet someone from your past it is only natural that you would talk about things that happened during the time you knew them.

I just don't see that we need any kind of flashbacks to tell a story about his past and I'll be bitterly disappointed if the writers fall back on such a cliché.
                        I agree, I like seeing people's reactions. And it sure will be interesting to hear what the mystery guest has to do with it. Although we're calling it a backstory, I doubt 45 minutes of it will be devoted to Shep and his past. I hope to get lots of interaction from the team, and how they react to what they hear. But it's not a need though Josie, it's a want, people have been wanting and pestering TPTB for a backstory on Shep and at last we're getting it. And I for one am looking forward to the ep, more so know I know it's going to be angsty and actionary... ok i just made that word up

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        I hope it's Bates that we see, hopefully they can get him back on Atlantis and rattle some cages
                        Woohoo! I loved all the antagonists on SGA I wonder how it all fits into the grand scheme though.

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Hmmm, interesting thought, but if that's it, hope it's not done in vein of that SG1 episode where Sam and Jack got stuck in the Antarctic.... (in other words, been there, done that) and don't know how ex-wife and 'special guest star' would fit in. Well, we have a long time to speculate, no doubt.
                        I liked that ep I wondered if maybe they found something else in those islands, maybe some other ancient device and it needs two genes to activate it... I know it's highly unlikely given that O'Neill's not gonna be in it, unless something happened on those islands before he went to Atlantis, something we don't know about... Straws = clutching? The islands probably have nothing to do with it, but it was an interesting leap while it lasted.

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                        Great find. There could something special about one of these islands or something on one of them. Ancient something! Sheppard comes to Earth to help figure out what it is. Start with the scifi, and develop story from there. I do so hope this backstory is not told in visions ala Phantoms.

It would be interesting, after all the speculation, if ‘outcast’ does not refer to Sheppard at all (or not only to him).
                        Yep, that was my thought to, maybe O'Neill's gene and Shep's are different in some way? it'll be interesting to see where/if the scifi connection comes into play

Comment

Not sure if this has already been said, but Bates is out of his coma...

Paula writes: “Bates: Still in a coma?”

Answer: Nope.
                          http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-22-2007.html
                          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                            Not sure if this has already been said, but Bates is out of his coma...

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-22-2007.html
                            so we're back to square one: Bates or Everett could appear in this ep.
                            click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                              so we're back to square one: Bates or Everett could appear in this ep.
                              I'm thinking it's Bates
                              sigpic

Comment

Me too, or at least I hope

Comment

Working...
                                X