The Bola Kai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
    I'm not about to call the Bola Kai smart. All I'm saying is that it is not a shocker to me that they know how to operate the gate.
    What WOULD be a shock is if the 'land squid' could operate it

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      AS to the lollypops, i would love to know how they knew they were food?
      That makes me picture the Bola Kai putting all of Keller's belongings in their mouths until they find the lollipops.

Comment

The smell was probably a clue that they are edible...

Comment

As far as the Bola Kai figuring out how to work the gate, how do we know their planet doesn't have a cartoush of some kind like the one on Abydos? If that was so, they would just have to press the symbols from the cartoush onto the DHD. A trained monkey could figure that out.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            What WOULD be a shock is if the 'land squid' could operate it
            LOL, that would most certainly qualifier as a shocker. Not even suspension of belief could aid that

Comment

I'm not about to call the Bola Kai smart. All I'm saying is that it is not a shocker to me that they know how to operate the gate.
              If you're a Pegasus Galaxy native, or for that matter a native of any planet other than earth, the gate system is a part of your life no matter how dumb you are.
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Well for my input on the Bola'ki figuring on the gate system would be that if their "prey" (humans) were to flee through the gate the BK would have to follow to eat, and hunger can make you change/adapt very fast.

So most likely they once saw someone punch in the sequence of numbers then did the same, monkey see, monkey do.

And about the cannablism, I've been thinking and maybe it was like Donner's pass, they did'nt want to but they had to. Or maybe they have a taste for people. It is the easeist for humans to digest.

And the land squid, well like I said its crazy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                  If you're a Pegasus Galaxy native, or for that matter a native of any planet other than earth, the gate system is a part of your life no matter how dumb you are.
                  ...which is pretty much what I've said in my previous posts. Regardless of their intelligence, or lack of, using the gate system is the norm for cultures in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

What was there for them to figure out? They have probably always been exposed to the gate system and get addresses from those they raid. Primitive does not necessarily mean stupid. All it takes is for someone to show them how.
                    Very true. Remember the Unas figured it out, so did those 'traders' that captured the unas in season 5 of SG1 where chaka was captured..

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Hey, my dog and cat can open doors if they're not shut perfectly tight, but they can't read or write, so.... But I don't see the Bolai Kai as smart. Sure, they've got 'street smarts', so to say, but otherwise, they're scavengers and brutes.
                      Weird! My dogs can read and write, but can't open doors.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I can't believe noone recognized the connection yet.

One word: Uruk'Hai (Lord of the Rings)
                        I haven't found a picture of the Bola Kai but I found a picture of an Uruk'Hai for sure:

See, there are slight similarities and I mean not just the name.
                        Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

I mentioned it in the Missing thread

Comment

I was surprised by how he he took offense to the wraith worshiper comment. To me, his reaction was a reaction of disgust. However, while not serving the wraith and running from them like everyone else, they kill and intimidate others of their own kind.

The way Teyla and Ronon described them, they most often raided peaceful people and wiped them out and left very little of their victims. The only difference between them and the wraith is that the wraith are indifferent to what type of people they cull. To me, they are not that much different than the wraith, regardless if they "eat" their human victims or not.
                            Good point. She may never had met them but I don't think it was assumption. I don't think they are like Jaffa but I do agree with the Saxon part but only in dress not lifestyle.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              I mentioned it in the Missing thread
                              Good for you then. I apologize.
                              Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Never noticed, but I never look that hard. It takes all the fun out of things. Its simply very hard to try and create a new race that wont have any similarities with ANY of the hundreds of other created races, so I dont overthink it.

But of all the options, I will go with more Urak'Hai than Reaver, and way more so than either Klingon or Jaffa.
                                : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                                : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Working...
                                X