Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats super lame. If we are discussing a military tribunal then real life law will mix with real life politics.

Important officers are never actually convicted of their crimes especially if the crime is the death of a person who will most likely face treason charges and either die by the state or live out his life and then die in a state prison. I don't get all this moralizing.

Comment

This is not a real trial. This is a humorous indugence to the people who are actually interested in examining his actions in a organized, NOT A FLAME WAR context. We want to assign intelligent people to craft actual arguments, and then look at the validity of the arguments.

The tactic of insulting the people who are making the arguments is a theme common to the rest of the board that we would prefer to do without in this one instance. Please take it with you when you leave.

Comment

Gee, I think a court martial of Sheppard on the show would be really cool. I always like to see the main character/hero/good guy get accused of something he didn’t do or didn’t do in the way it is being portrayed. There is always so much angst.

I can just see Sheppard in court now in his dress blues. He is standing at the defense table looking hot vulnerable but determined. I want everyone to picture him there standing there alone in a sea of people. Don’t you just want to give him a hug and tell him it will be okay?

Poor Sheppard.
        We know he has always tried to do the right thing, even when it risked his life, his career or his soul.

What has he gotten himself into this time?
        Who was he trying to save this time?
        What was he trying to fix this time.

Don’t worry we’re all right here for you.
        We will all give you all the moral support you need.
        We won’t desert you, we promise.

Guess I’m not impartial.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          Hear ye, hear ye! (hope that's spelled right)

All Gateworld members!

In light of the controversy following the episode Miller's Crossing, it has been leaked to the pentagon that Lt. Colonel John Sheppard might have falsified his report.

<major snippage for length>
          Will we learn who leaked the information? That person will need to be called as a witness since he or she was obviously present (couldn't know it was false otherwise). Sheppard has the right to face his accuser.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana
          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
            Gee, I think a court martial of Sheppard on the show would be really cool. I always like to see the main character/hero/good guy get accused of something he didn’t do or didn’t do in the way it is being portrayed. There is always so much angst.

I can just see Sheppard in court now in his dress blues. He is standing at the defense table looking hot vulnerable but determined. I want everyone to picture him there standing there alone in a sea of people. Don’t you just want to give him a hug and tell him it will be okay?

Poor Sheppard.
            We know he has always tried to do the right thing, even when it risked his life, his career or his soul.

Guess I’m not impartial.
            Oooh, you're really on to something here. It sounds wonderful! I'll volunteer to be part of the crowd of Shep supporters cheering him along. I'd be next to Teyla, Ronon, McKay and a bunch of screaming fangirls - well, I could well be one of them! Sounds good to me! Count me in! I love a good bit of angst. Somehow though, I can't see the military courtmartialling Sheppard...in fact, I think the brass would probably agree with his actions...oh well, it was a nice thought!
            Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
            Will we learn who leaked the information? That person will need to be called as a witness since he or she was obviously present (couldn't know it was false otherwise). Sheppard has the right to face his accuser.
            Oh yes he does. I demand to see the witness! Actually, er, who would the witnesss be? The guards in the room, Todd? Hmmmm, I can't see that somehow...
            sigpic

Comment

People, if you think this thread is a stupid waste of time

Go play somewhere else. Others are enjoying it so leave them alone to enjoy it
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The witness is the transcript or TV ep which we all saw. It evidence that Mr. Woosely brought to us here at Gate world.

He's not out to harm anyone--just seek the truth and let law be the guide.

If anyone wishes to play mr woosely in this virtual play drama--please speak up. And remember--this is a game and there are real people playing it.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Hear ye, hear ye! (hope that's spelled right)

All Gateworld members!

In light of the controversy following the episode Miller's Crossing, it has been leaked to the pentagon that Lt. Colonel John Sheppard might have falsified his report.

The preliminary investigation has evidence that this true--(we all saw the ep--we're the witness).

The jury will be via popular vote at the end of the trial by the members of the board. At the end of the trail, I will trust the mods to make the voting ballot for us based on the charges brought forth by this trail.

The charges are:

Voluntary manslaughter with option of a lesser charge conviction of involuntary manslaughter. Meaning the actions of the named defendant, Lt Col. John Sheppard led to the death of Mr. Wallace.

Falsification of documents with intent to deceive.

Misconduct of an Officer and a Gentleman by personal contact with Mr Wallace before his death in which private pictures of a civilian family were shown and explained a dreaded situation.

Aiding and abetting criminal conduct of Rodney McKay who sent classified information via internet to a private residence of a civilian.

For Colonel Sheppard's Court Martial we will need a defense attorney (board members). A prosecutor and a judge (members). The judge will withhold any judgment of guilt or innocence and administer the trail.

I will need volunteers to sign up for the above mentioned spots.

Please post your handle and if you would like to defend or prosecute.

For judge I would prefer a mod if one can be found.

end of public notice.

Please remember in a trial it is not the dead man. Do not place guilt on Mr Wallace for he cannot defend himself. John Sheppard is presumed innocent and must be proven guilty. The episode is the proof for sake of the trial. Only state what we know from the ep.

for reasons of personal attacks on me--I am closing this thread. Admin--please lock thread.
                  Just a quickie, i'm all for this to start off with it can be great fun, but you can't decided on the charges. It's up to the prosecution to determine that, they have to set out the legalities and determine if they'll proceed to a full hearing.. So, i'm assuming this is the Article 32 hearing then of the UCMJ? Then on to the trial if there is one?

Bagsey being the prosecution alongside Ranlier! I thought it would fun to switch allegeances. I think those that believe Shep is innocentish should prosecute and those that think he's guilty should defend. That could make for interesting reading... if we all solemnly swear that we're up to no good.... no that's not right. If we all swear to do our best and do our duty to the utmost. It could be very interesting.

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                  Prosecution brings charges that Ltc. John Sheppard, USAF [hereafter referred to as "Sheppard"], exhibited willful negligence leading to the death of an American civilian on Unites States soil*.

Prosecution also charges that Ltc. Sheppard, again through negligence, allowed vital intelligence regarding Earth's primary military installation to be collected by a enemy combatant [hereafter referred to as "Todd"].

Prosecution does not bring charges of:
                  Treason (Giving American Military secrets to a Wraith to aid a canadian national)
                  Insubordination (Subverting the authority of General Hank M. Landry)
                  Violation of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" (Screw you, slashers.)

*(I beleive the show implies that Henry Wallace is an American, despite Jeannie being kidnapped from Canada)
                  *snort*

OMG--ROTFLMAO--love that line.

Thank you for signing up!

Anyone think they can be a fair judge and have prior misgivings or at least separate misgivings from trail.

Also Shep has just placed his order for lunch and is praying for someone to take the case. He is currently eating a Kentucky Fried Chicken dinner complete with buttered roll and mashed potatoes.

His literature is the latest issue of sci-fi magazine and he wishes to hear Johnny Cash.
                  I did think about being a judge, hmmmmm if you haven't got one, I can be impartial. It's my job ya know.

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post

Poor Sheppard.

Guess I’m not impartial.
                  Mmmmmmmmmmmm Oops sorry, had to get that out my system. Can't have the fangirly in me, popping up during the trial now can we?

Comment

Pegasus__sga

we need an alternate judge for when the lead judge isn't on the board. The lead judge--advocate judge general--is reganx.

we still need an alternate def and pro attorney.

I found out after I poster the original notice the prosecutor makes the official charge. I will consider the prior charges the arresting charges made by the MP's.

The official charges will be filed after the game starts and the judge calls court to order...whenever the players are ready...please post that you are ready to proceed with the case.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Pegasus__sga

we need an alternate judge for when the lead judge isn't on the board. The lead judge--advocate judge general--is reganx.

we still need an alternate def and pro attorney.

I found out after I poster the original notice the prosecutor makes the official charge. I will consider the prior charges the arresting charges made by the MP's.

The official charges will be filed after the game starts and the judge calls court to order...whenever the players are ready...please post that you are ready to proceed with the case.

Then if it may please the court, i'd like to prosecute! And I solemnly swear that I will not pass out. or become all fangirly in the court room when I see Shep in his blues. I shall try and remain professional at all times. And if you believe that, you'll believe anything *giggles*

Thank you

Comment

I would enter the myspace case of Megan the girl talked into suicide on myspace. This was malicious where Sheppard was not and this worse case was not a crime. http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world...216603,00.html

Go back to your ponchos and treehugging you peace lovers!!!!!

Comment

The witness is the transcript or TV ep which we all saw. It evidence that Mr. Woosely brought to us here at Gate world.

He's not out to harm anyone--just seek the truth and let law be the guide.

If anyone wishes to play mr woosely in this virtual play drama--please speak up. And remember--this is a game and there are real people playing it.
                          Then may I respectfully submit that your witness is not an eyewitness to the crime. The actual falsification of the document was not shown in the ep. Hearsay is not allowed at trial. I have no problem with there being a witness be it a guard or one of the bodybag guys or someone else that knew what really happened and that the report was false.

The transcript can certainly be evidence that what the document says is false, but it can't be the witness.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Jackie's a judge, she's not setting the charges- I've already done that and falsification isn't one of them.

Comment

And if anyone is interested.. UCMJ just a little light reading.

Ooooooh Miller's crossing is on At least i'll be nice and refreshed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                                Jackie's a judge, she's not setting the charges- I've already done that and falsification isn't one of them.
                                *scrolls back through posts*

So you did. My apologies.

May I ask what vital information the Wraith collected, or will that be revealed during the trial?
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X