New Earth Energy weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Earth Energy weapon?

When the Mckays were trying to escape for the first time and rodney got shot it looked much like a taser but the CG made visible blue electical currents engulf him. Previously the tasers had no additional effects and made a clicking noise, none happened this happened this time. So was that just a mistake or did our energy weapons tech have a significant leap?
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

That's what I thought when I saw it, I'll have pause it and have a better look later...

Comment

Tasers.

CGI hiccup.

Comment

I've just had another look, and I don't think they were you know...

Comment

Reverse engineered Zat guns? I suppose they wouldn't be too difficult to make if you know the energy wavelength.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
            Tasers.

CGI hiccup.

Nope. It wasn't a CGI hiccup. If you look at Mckay's back, you can see a little plug that is connected to his clothes.

I was going to say.
            Nice.
            We got ourselves a human made Zat!
            Subspace Energy Technology Thread
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Must be some new design at least though, because there are no wires...

Comment

I thought it was a reversed engineered zat.

I never noticed any plugs on his back, but it's possible that they aren't able to discharge the energy like a normal zat so like an Intar, the charge itself stored with a type of bullet that is released on impact. It could be considered a improved (more lethal) Intar or a reversed zat with the qualities of an Intar.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                  Nope. It wasn't a CGI hiccup. If you look at Mckay's back, you can see a little plug that is connected to his clothes.

I was going to say.
                  Nice.
                  We got ourselves a human made Zat!
                  I would not count on that. The used the wrong ship in Camelot to represent the Asgard...its a goof...

Comment

Noticed that to, its pretty sweet.

Seriously the only diff between a zat and a taser is the wires.

Its good to see *****in new earth tech.

Comment

I was thinking taser and I saw the "button" on his back. My guess was that the electricity crackling around him was artistic license.

Comment

I saw that piece as well. I prefer the zat since I'm sure like regular guns, you'd need more bullets.

Vala,

Comment

Anyone have a screencap of that shot? Because I honestly did not see wires or anything... I was hoping it was an Earth-made zat.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                            I saw that piece as well. I prefer the zat since I'm sure like regular guns, you'd need more bullets.

Vala,
                            Though there was one benefit over a zat: less noise.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              Anyone have a screencap of that shot? Because I honestly did not see wires or anything... I was hoping it was an Earth-made zat.
                              It looks like a projectile to me with no wires sort of like a tranquilizer dart, but with electric shock instead of a chemical. Here is a screencap.
                              Spoilered for size.
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X