Carter?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starfox View Post
    The writers don't need to explain absences in cases like this. They expect us to realize that the CO of the whole base can't go off-world at the drop of a hat; how many times did we seen Hammond or Landry or Weir off-world? If you saw the last few episodes, you know Teyla's got her own problems to deal with, and if you're familiar with the actors you know that Rachel's pregnancy is cutting down on her screen time this season and Amanda's busy with the SG-1 movies. Explaining stuff like this would be a waste of screen time that could be devoted to things that are actually important to the plot.
    you're right TBTB don't need to explain absences but it'd be nice to at least mention a missing person (in this case Sam and Teyla). besides it would only take a few seconds
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      you're right TBTB don't need to explain absences but it'd be nice to at least mention a missing person (in this case Sam and Teyla). besides it would only take a few seconds
      A mention of a name can easily be wound into a sentence, like "Carter sends her regards," or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        A mention of a name can easily be wound into a sentence, like "Carter sends her regards," or something like that.
        exactly. I mean even Ronon didn't need to be there, he didn't do anything Shep or someone else couldn't have done. Teyla could be offworld or dealing with baby stuff or whatever, and someone should've at least mentioned Sam when Todd was transferred to Earth
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Sounds like code words.

"The crow flies at midnight."

Comment

What's the point of just mentioning someone if it doesn't contribute to anything? Just so people remember they're on the show? I agree that Ronon probably wasn't needed, but if he wasn't there an explanation saying this isn't Ronon's type of mission isn't needed. Just like saying Carter's busy running a base and Teyla is investigating her missing people isn't needed either. Unless they could put it in some context that contributes to plot, it seems pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
              Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
              1. Since it was obviously a "Rodney" episode, putting Carter in there would have messed it up since deep down, we all know Carter is smarter than Rodney. This was firmly established in SG1 so having her there would have upstaged Rodney.
              You know, this is strange but I always felt Rodney was smarter than Sam. I think he screws up easyer because he`s arrogant, nervous and takes bigger risks (don`t throw "blowing up a star" in my face) but deep down I think he might be the smarter one of them. She`s more competent though because she`s more disciplined.

But anyway, this is a very subjective topic since it`s hard to say one person is definately smarter than the other.
              Even McKay admits in moments of honesty that Carter's a better scientist than he is, but he maintains that he's smarter, and I agree.

Because scores of humans are being bumped off in the Pegasus Galaxy, and the Wraith (and Rodney) are the key folk to solving that problem.
              And they needed to bring the Wraith to Earth to do this? I'm pretty sure there are at least a few computers in Atlantis.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

All I know is in SG1 it was always Sam's right, Rodney's wrong. That's the setup the writers created. So, now that they're in contact on a weekly basis, they have to change their interaction standpoint otherwise it will feel too counterintuitive. I mean, how can they go from the SG1 setup to either a) The two of them agreeing 100% on everything; or b) Rodney being right because he's the scientific leader of Atlantis? It's just better to avoid the whole scientific interaction between the two of them and leave Sam as the fearless leader.

Anyway, they are both very, very bright people, but Sam is just more disciplined which is more useful in some instances, but those days are over. lol. I'm good with the scientific future of Atlantis being in Rodney's hands, though.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
                  lol does not being american make your life less valuable or something?
                  According to Americans.

Comment

Working...
                  X