Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't anyone think Shepperd should have offered himself for feeding. He is the reason in the first place why this situation emerged. In the last ep, he took Todd as prisoner and this ultimately lead to the destruction of Todds hive ship. No wonder he is so pissed and doesn't want to help anymore as was stated by McKay at the beginning of this ep. So if Todd would help, McKay wouldn't need to contact his sister and therefore she wouldn't get kidnapped.

And if McKay for some reason would have asked his sister to help, even though Todd is helping, it would ultimately be Shepperds fault. Because Todd needs to feed as he is kept prisoner. Would they have started has friends form the beginning in SEER, this would mean Todd still being free and well fed. So he could help them out without being starving.

So summing up without Sheps stupid, distrustful decisions (not understandable as in CG Todd showed nothing but the honor to keep is word), we would never be in this awful situation of needing a human to be feeded to a wraith.
    Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post
      Doesn't anyone think Shepperd should have offered himself for feeding. He is the reason in the first place why this situation emerged. In the last ep, he took Todd as prisoner and this ultimately lead to the destruction of Todds hive ship. No wonder he is so pissed and doesn't want to help anymore as was stated by McKay at the beginning of this ep. So if Todd would help, McKay wouldn't need to contact his sister and therefore she wouldn't get kidnapped.

And if McKay for some reason would have asked his sister to help, even though Todd is helping, it would ultimately be Shepperds fault. Because Todd needs to feed as he is kept prisoner. Would they have started has friends form the beginning in SEER, this would mean Todd still being free and well fed. So he could help them out without being starving.

So summing up without Sheps stupid, distrustful decisions (not understandable as in CG Todd showed nothing but the honor to keep is word), we would never be in this awful situation of needing a human to be feeded to a wraith.
      Wow, I've been reading your posts and you have some serious hate on for poor Shep!
      *pets Shep*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        Wow, I've been reading your posts and you have some serious hate on for poor Shep!
        *pets Shep*
        Don't get me wrong. Sheppard was one of my favourite characters. I really liked him in S1-3 but I also hated what they turned him into in S4-5. One who has lost his ethic values and his eager to blow up things instead of trying to negotiate if there is a chance.

And why had Sheppard to lie for the report? Shepp: "I was showing Wallace the labs. The Wraith got the upper hand. That's what the report's gonna say." Wow, not only claiming that humans are better than wraith but hide morally questioning decisions. At least they could be honest about that.
        Last edited by Skie; 18 March 2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

And why had Sheppard to lie for the report? Shepp: "I was showing Wallace the labs. The Wraith got the upper hand. That's what the report's gonna say." Wow, not only claiming that humans are better than wraith but hide morally questioning decisions. At least they could be honest about that.
          He's saying that while Todd is right there doing something he barely wants to do after being held prisoner, dragged around in chains with no clue what's going on, and being *****ed at. At least don't talk about blaming him within earshot.

I do agree that a lot more scenes needed to be shown and a lot more not shown. I'd actually like to see the scene where Todd feeds off of Wallace.
          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
            He's saying that while Todd is right there doing something he barely wants to do after being held prisoner, dragged around in chains with no clue what's going on, and being *****ed at. At least don't talk about blaming him within earshot.
            Hey, your right, that fact totally escaped me. EVEN WORSE!! Shame on you Shepp.

I do agree that a lot more scenes needed to be shown and a lot more not shown. I'd actually like to see the scene where Todd feeds off of Wallace.
            Yes, the feeding scene would have been interesting. Especially if there was any conversation between Todd and Wallace. From the events of CG I always got the impression of Todd being a somewhat philosophical Wraith and seeing feeding as some kind of necessary evil. In addition I would have loved a scene between Todd and Jeannie, you know it annoyed me that Rodney doesn't even mention to Jeannie that she was saved by a Wraith.

OT: BTW thanks for the reputation, I didn't know one could do that and you have joined even later than me.
            Last edited by Skie; 06 May 2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Yes, the feeding scene would have been interesting. Especially if there was any conversation between Todd and Wallace. From the events of CG I always got the impression of Todd being a somewhat philosophical Wraith and seeing feeding as some kind of necessary evil. In addition I would have loved a scene between Todd and Jeannie, you know it annoyed me that Rodney doesn't even mention to Jeannie that she was saved by a Wraith.
              On Wallace: I'd like to know what Todd thought about a human willing to give up his life to a wraith in general, but also to sacrifice themself for people he doesn't know and a few hours ago threatened the life of.

On Jeanine: I'd like to at least know her opinion in all of this. Even if they never met, never talked, she never even got his description, she was saved by an alien that eats people.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

On Wallace: I'd like to know what Todd thought about a human willing to give up his life to a wraith in general, but also to sacrifice themself for people he doesn't know and a few hours ago threatened the life of.
                On Jeanine: I'd like to at least know her opinion in all of this. Even if they never met, never talked, she never even got his description, she was saved by an alien that eats people.
                I always felt SGA had so many missed opportunities. Showing such scenes would have been 1000 times better than all those lightly humor or McKeller scenes.

Comment

I always felt SGA had so many missed opportunities. Showing such scenes would have been 1000 times better than all those lightly humor or McKeller scenes.
                  I don't mind those so much, so long as they contribute something, but if last episode they were setting up Todd as someone who tried to understand and help humans in a way beyond 'do what I say or I eat you' and admitted he wanted a temporary alliance--or at least neutrality. He showed a lot of emotion and I think when he said his joke he was actually trying to make the humans laugh. Now he's an emotionless, uncaring supercomputer?

Comment

I really liked this episode. Jeannie and Rodney had great dynamics. It was fun to watch.
                    sigpic
                    Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Just like regular siblings..

Comment

This was a great episode, when I first read the description I was not that excited about it but it turned out to be one of my favs from the season so far. Right before Todd went weak I was thinking when is this guy going to feed it seemed like they have had him in custody for a while. When Rodney said we don't plan on killing you or letting you go, I was thinking well unless Todd gets something to eat, nature will take its course. So I am glad that the episode addressed this issue. I did not feel it was necessary to see the feeding, just that they addressed the issue in a meaningful way was enough for me.

Something I did not like was the, some what cliched and over-used plot line of a rich person doing what ever it takes to same themselves or someone they care about. But if they are going to use this storyline at least it was entertaining.
                        At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzah View Post
                          So I am glad that the episode addressed this issue. I did not feel it was necessary to see the feeding, just that they addressed the issue in a meaningful way was enough for me.
                          They addressed it but as always TPTB took the easy way out by making Wallace the mean guy and thanks to that it is "ok" to feed him to Todd.

Comment

They addressed it but as always TPTB took the easy way out by making Wallace the mean guy and thanks to that it is "ok" to feed him to Todd.
                            They addressed it so poorly. It wasn't just 'let's find a bad guy and feed him to Todd' it was also 'let's find a bad guy and feed him to Todd only when we feel we should bother feeding Todd' as well as 'Let's manipulate someone emotionally, preying on the loss of their loved one and take advantage of his suicidal thoughts due to grief and take no responsibility for what we did because we don't find anything wrong with this and the wraith doesn't care what we say in front of him'.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. Sheppard was one of my favourite characters. I really liked him in S1-3 but I also hated what they turned him into in S4-5. One who has lost his ethic values and his eager to blow up things instead of trying to negotiate if there is a chance.

I can't say I enjoyed what the writers did with Sheppard here either... to me he was as bad as Wallace. He couldnt even have the decency to admit that he crossed a line... Weir was quick to accuse Koyla of crossing a line when he fed Sheppard to Todd in Common Ground.. but here we have Sheppard doing the very same thing when it suits his purpose..
                              Wallace did what he did to save his child.. I think any parent knows that they would go to any lenghts to save their child, but Sheppard acts as judge, jury and exectioner here and we are led to believe that Wallace deserved what he got.. but if he did then there should have been consequenses to Sheppards actions as well...

Why is it ok for Sheppard to take the law into his own hands and his actions deemed justifiable, but yet Wallace is condemned for his.. both were trying to save those they loved/cared about. Don't get me started on why McKay couldnt have tried to help Wallaces daughter either... once he found out Wallace didnt want him to make a bomb or kill anyone, why couldnt he have tried to save an innocent child..if he had then Wallace wouldnt have had to force his hand..
                              This episode left a bad taste in my mouth - it was too contrived with Todd collasping conveniently at that very moment - McKay refusal to help a dying child and Sheppards cowardly actions - I could accept what he did if he at least had admitted to it - but pretending he played no part in Wallaces death and lying about what happened left me loosing a lot of respect for his character..
                              Last edited by bluealien; 19 June 2011, 05:36 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

"I was showing Wallace the labs. The Wraith got the upper hand. That's what the report's gonna say."

At least come up with a good lie. You're insinuating you did nothing when the wraith got him or were too slow when he wandered off into the next room that was both unguarded and you just never happened to mention had a wraith in it.

Also, I don't care if Todd cares, it still reflects poorly on someone talking about blaming another person for murder right next to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X