This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    Holy crap, it was incredibly boring and predictable. I'm happy that there's a "forward" button. I can't imagine that I will be forced to watch this episode for 42 minutes
    That's what I do, usually I fast-forward bits first time rund then rewatch it just to say, I've seen it

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
      That's what I do, usually I fast-forward bits first time rund then rewatch it just to say, I've seen it

I won't watch this episode anymore. It has been deleted
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

I won't watch this episode anymore. It has been deleted

Very well, LOL

Personally I'm in the mood for some classic SG-1 moments... ooh a modified story for Atlantis --

Hive Ships and Cruisers swooping down onto an offworld planet, a temple structure in the middle of Kansas-like fields, which contains an Ancient headsucker and Atlantis teams defending it from the Wraith with bazookas and M-41 carbines shooting at the Wraith ships. it is decided that it's better to get the info and discard the tech, Sheppard gets his head sucked so the Wraith can't obtain it then McKay blowing the structure up afterwards with C4 charges, and they all escape through the gate.

In case some of the readers don't know where this is from, it's from Stargate SG-1 - (7x21) The Lost City [Part 1].

Comment

Thank god we didn't get a My Little Ponys, "moral of the story" ending. The villian wasn't the "big bad", which made it all the more gripping. I really thought this episode would give us another cheap, convenient evil baddie to hate/sacerfice, but it didn't. This was about having to make a decision from a lot of bad options. Sometimes that happens in life. The best stories aren't meant to confirm your worldview. I'm also glad that they didn't take the easy way out with the Wraith. We knew that if we kept him he'd either starve or we'd have to feed him. It's that simple, folks. I thought they'd have a quick fix, having some nameless baddie get wraithed by his/her own foolishness, maybe show a Genii stumble into the Wraith somehow. They definately didn't pull any punches.

Even though I didn't agree morally with Sheppard's actions, I'm so glad they went there. The best characters don't come out squeaky clean. This is the first time for me that the Sheppard character has broken out of his stereotype, and that interests me.

I really, really hope that the writers don't pull a reset after all of this. I want to see the effect on Sheppard's character. I will be very disappointed if this doesn't take a toll on him. Now, that would be scary, imo.

Comment

Saw the episode twice and I liked it a lot. I never thought I would see the day the SGC will house .... Very sad ending tho. A father will do a lot ....

Comment

My favourite moment in the episode ....

Spoiler:

I think it is the best S4 had to offer so far....the ending .....*shouting so everyone can hear downstairs*

Comment

I had been looking forward to this episode all season, but now I have to admit to feeling let down. So much wasted potential.

The whole idea of Ronon and John on Earth in suits just had me smiling, but all we got to see of them was long moments of sitting around and a brief attempted rescue. Wasted. Though Ronon's shoulder holster was almost worth it. And I would have loved to have seen some dialogue between John and Madison.

The whole tapping on keyboards thing with Rodney and Jeannie went on way too long. It seems that could have been done with a montage and then there would have been more time to show Ronon and John out on the streets, hitting McDonalds, shopping for suits...anything. And by the way, John's perfectly tailored suit made my toes curl, but wouldn't slacks and a polo shirt have been less time consuming? Does the SGC have a Nordstrom's on site, and boy do their tailors work fast. Especially with Ronon's coat. That didn't come off the rack.

The acting as usual was superb. The Hewletts are a very talented family, and JF's acting during the scenes with Wallace and McKay was some of the best he's ever done. Sheppard proved once again that he would do anything for his family. I put his morally ambiguous actions with Wallace here right up there with his actions in The Storm/The Eye. He is one ruthless SOB when he needs to be, and I have missed that element of his character lately. He can make the tough decisions even though it tears him apart, but when it comes to his new family all bets are off. I think he just couldn't lose anyone else, so he had to do what he did to save Rodney. He just made the hair stand up on the back of my neck in that scene with Wallace, and that's always a good thing.

The wraith on Earth? Bad idea in a long line of bad ideas.

Overall, disappointing along with most of the rest of S4. But TMC and
                Spoiler:
                Weir's return
                . There's always hope.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

This wasn't a leisure trip for Ronon. I mean John wants to "punish" him for wanting to have lunch. It would be murder from TPTB to let John and Ronon run around Chinatown, whilst Mckay and his sister are kidnapped. There was no time for fun. This was like the Pegasus Project for Daniel. He went on a mission, Ronon went on a mission.

It seems the tables have turned. I seem to like this episode and most of you hate it . You can't please everyone

Comment

is there a preview for the next episode? I'm curious
                    Both Scifi and MGM have already posted them (Yahoo's a bit behind). www.mgm.com/stargate and www.scifi.com/atlantis. Very easy to spot..

someone said
                    If the government is farming out alien tech to companies, you know they would have an active database to search. The idea that John Sheppard would be going through paper records is a joke
                    Alas, despite the pre-conceived notion that everything is accessible on the computer, it's not. computers seem tohave created MORE paper than before! But yes, sorting through paper when they should have had a tech on a laptop would h ave made more sense, but then sense sorta got tossed out the window when Barrett and Mckay went and played the calvary without any backup.

Who said it was OK? You draw your own conclusions from what you see, no one is telling you that Shep's actions are good and Wallace's are bad. Sheppard still has to live with the way he treated him, and he position he put him in, and I think that was made quite clear.
                    It certainly wasn't a decision that Sheppard made lightly and you could see it bothered him. Personally I would have preferred the episode not end with the light banter, but with a darker tone, considering what happened. And it's not like decisions like this haven't been seen before on SG1. In that SG1 episode with Rene Auberwhatever (Odo from Star Trek), Jack shut the iris KNOWING the guy was right on his heels, so in effect, he murdered him. While I can understand his reasoning, didn't mean I agreed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      This wasn't a leisure trip for Ronon. I mean John wants to "punish" him for wanting to have lunch. It would be murder from TPTB to let John and Ronon run around Chinatown, whilst Mckay and his sister are kidnapped. There was no time for fun. This was like the Pegasus Project for Daniel. He went on a mission, Ronon went on a mission.

It seems the tables have turned. I seem to like this episode and most of you hate it . You can't please everyone
                      There was thing about this episode that annoyed me like crazy. I just couldn't stand
                      Spoiler:
                      Tin Man Commercial
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        There was thing about this episode that annoyed me like crazy. I just couldn't stand
                        Spoiler:
                        Tin Man Commercial
                        lol. I wholeheartedly concur.

Five Stages Of Grief:
                        1. Denial 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance.
                        RIP SG1 & SGA.
                        .::My Myspace | My DeviantArt Gallery::.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

If you're in need of a sig/tag drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to make ya one. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Tin Man Commercial
                          ...I was too busy with my Kleenex to notice that ....

...yes I am a guy and I cried ...

Comment

Originally posted by Leliana McKay View Post
                            Back on Atlantis, Rodney talks to Sheppard about what he did. Rodney is not happy with what John did but still thanks him for saving his life. (Even more unhappy I am. I would have prefered no thanks but just a... ok, I undestand why you did it)

The back to friend so fast and good look discussion ( even look!) was not welcome here after such a moral dilemma. I know Atlantis is supposed to have funny moments but I'm sure fans can deal with a tense ending between characters once in a while.
                            To the bolded statements, I saw that completely differently. I didn't see Rodney as unhappy. I saw him amazed. "I can't believe what you did." translated to me as "I am overwhelmed that you would be willing to do something like that for me."

As to the funny moment at the end, as another poster said, that's how they relate to each other - with jokes and sarcasm. These are two men that don't discuss feelings EVER, and they needed to move back to familiar ground.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            The acting as usual was superb. The Hewletts are a very talented family, and JF's acting during the scenes with Wallace and McKay was some of the best he's ever done. Sheppard proved once again that he would do anything for his family. I put his morally ambiguous actions with Wallace here right up there with his actions in The Storm/The Eye. He is one ruthless SOB when he needs to be, and I have missed that element of his character lately. He can make the tough decisions even though it tears him apart, but when it comes to his new family all bets are off. I think he just couldn't lose anyone else, so he had to do what he did to save Rodney. He just made the hair stand up on the back of my neck in that scene with Wallace, and that's always a good thing.
                            I so totally agree with you here especially on the bolded part. He does what needs to be done.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana
                            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

As to the funny moment at the end, as another poster said, that's how they relate to each other - with jokes and sarcasm. These are two men that don't discuss feelings EVER, and they needed to move back to familiar ground.
                              John did say he is not very good at expressing his feelings. We know McKay cannot make a phrase when it comes to emotions so in a way they are the same.

Turning now to the conversation itself, in my opinion, Rodney is shocked how far Sheppard would go for him. I mean we know Rodney would build a nuke from shoe laces if it would save John but so far we haven't actually seen how John would react to certain situations. The end emphasizes John's leadership skills BUT the cost is more than it should be...

Comment

Good episode, I was starting to lose hope in Atlantis.

At first I also thought that she hadnt been injected with the nanites, and it was a basless threat, but what do you know...

The thing I found disturbing about this episode was how Sheppard talked that guy into being food for the wraith. That was wrong on so many levels, and I found it morally wrong.
                                Hope there will be some guilt issues on Sheppards conscious.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X