Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode, loads of quality dialog in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
      He sent classified government research through an e-mail over the Internet to his sister...I mean come on an e-mail. It won't matter how much encryption you have there is still a very high risk of interception. I just don't understand why Rodney would make such a dumb mistake like that.
      In "McKay and Mrs. Miller", it was established that Jeannie's essentially a contractor with the SGC. Presumably, they'd have set up some kind of VPN so that she could communicate with them. The point was that Wallace was desperate and was willing to take extraordinary measures to come up with a way to keep Sharon alive, and that he had pretty much unlimited resources to throw at it.

Comment

Gosh. I finally saw Miller's Crossing. Twice. Kudos to Martin Gero especially for the unexpected plot twists. Also, it was a pleasant surprise to see so much ground covered for a character-centric episode. I hope Todd the Wraith lives on and am curious about the implications of the nanite research on Earth (I guess we'll see a bit of that in Outcast) as well as what happened to the post-Ori SGC / SG-1 in this time frame.

When Sheppard says "I can't" to McKay, I immediately thought "I can't quit you."
        And *I* can't quit this show. S4 has been solid and This Mortal Coil looks stellar!
        Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          Sheppard talking someone into killing themselves was unforgiveable. I can't imagine Sheppard letting anyone feed themselves to a Wraith, especially after Shep himself knows how painful it is. Totally OOC.
          I don't think that was OOC at all. We've known from since "Rising" that Sheppard will go to any lengths to save those he considers "his people", and we've known since "The Eye" that he's willing to kill to do so. (Leaving aside the fact that he's a soldier, and killing people is kind of in his job description.)

John has to live with knowing that he did the math and decided that Rodney's life was more important to him than Wallace's. Rodney has to live with knowing that John was willing to cross an ethical line for him. Wallace--well, in a way, he got off easy. He'd lost the only thing that mattered to him, and had he refused, he'd have been forced to live with the fact that he was responsible for another family losing their mother. Yes, it was chilling. It was meant to be, for everyone concerned.

Comment

Worst episode of the season so far.

Why is it the "good" guys seem to be able to stoop to any level but it's OK because they are just trying to save their team/friends whatever. But when someone else does this ie Wallace, then they are the bad guys and should be punished. Wallace was a parent desparately trying to save his daughter but of course he has to suffer the consequences for his "bad" actions while of course Sheppard doesn't.

Sheppard may as well have put a bullet in Wallaces head because either way he killed Wallace but I guess talking him into killing himself took any responsibility away from him. Do we know that Wallace even agreed to sacrifice himself or did Sheppard just feed him to the Wraith anyway.

How interesting that they were basically letting the Wraith starve to death, but hey when we need him lets just drag him out and ask him for help. I still don't know why the Wraith even agreed...again how convenient. Why should he trust anything they have to say. Rodneys line to the Wraith we don't want to kill you but we can't let you go bla bla bla, is just becoming so old. Firstly they are killing him because they are starving him to death, and again hasn't Todd already proved to Sheppard that he can be trusted by the fact that he called him a brother, and gave him the gift of life. Guess he is regretting that decision now.

Stephen Culp was the best thing about this ep. Rodney was mostly annoying and he couldnt even be bothered to try and save the life of a child, but was more interested in saving himself. Even if Wallace was going to kill them either way at least he could have tried to save the girl. I guess it was obvious that Wallace's daughter was going to die otherwise Sheppard wouldnt have been able to give his little speech to Wallace, and Todd wouldnt have gotten his meal and then Jeannie wouldn't have survived. Again how convenient for Wallace to oblidge .. or did he.

At least Wallace had the guts to admit what he did was wrong and accept responsiblity for his actions. I would like to see Sheppard at least admit what he did was wrong...but the writers never seem to go there. I can understand why Sheppard did what he did, just the same way I can see what drove Wallace to do what he did, but yet Wallace gets treated with contempt and Sheppard is still treated as the hero... There was a fine line between both their actions and I would like to see the writers admit this.
            Last edited by bluealien; 01 December 2007, 03:09 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, this episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been. I gotta admit, I'm not a big fan of Earth-based episodes, NIDS, The Trust, et cetera, usually I just skip them cos they're boring IMO.

So, Henry Wallace... he was hot to say the least, can I feed on ya too? LOL joke aside though, he was selfish, his daughter initially dies and he didn't let Jeannie or Rodney go then she comes back alive and is of vegetative state and it's not good enough for him! You can't have your cake and eat it to and expect to have some left afterwards. Selfish git. Apart of me feels that he deserves the fate he had but another part of me believes he should have been facing life imprisonment instead. Though, pity we didn't get to see the Wraith feed on him though.

The banter between Rodney and Jeannie was cute to say the least. One question though, why was Ronan there? What was the point of him there? Also, at the start of the episode, why didn't the company just beam from SGC straight to the house, why beam to Vancouver then use a car to get to the house? Would have saved 5 seconds from the episode which could have been used to show the Wraith feeding on Wallace.

Use of Meredith... to me it lost all comedy value, excessive use is the diagnosis.

All in all, not a bad episode but not excellent either. 7.5/10 / B-

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This episode was not on par with the others so far this season. I couldn't help but think this was one of the 'we don't have any money this week' type of episodes. Just seeing the ease with which they can move people back and forth between SGA and Earth simply removes that great tension and fear you felt for SGA in the first season--alone, cutoff from Earth, stuck far, far away from home in a hostile galaxy with the Wraith.

Even with everything, they missed some chances to either involve Ronon in some fish-out-of-water type scenes on Earth, or they could have thrown SG-1 fans a little bit of a bone. It would have been great if Sam had come along and been involved, and even better if they had just a tiny cameo with any of SG-1 (Teal'c, Daniel, Mitchell) or General Landry. Just 20 seconds of a scene featuring any of them checking in on the situation would have made the SGC sort of more recognizable (for lack of a better term) and would have been a real treat. It was nice seeing Walter in the cafeteria though. Aside from that shot and perhaps the gateroom, it just didn't feel like the SGC.

The only real kudos I can throw out is the gutsy move with feeding the Wraith. That was a borderline controversial in the Stargate Universe. I kept expecting them to find some lighter way of handling it at the last moment, although I did note they minimized the gravity of it as much as possible by showing the resolution the way they did--just showing a body bag being wheeled out. At the very end I almost thought Sheppard was going to say they he wasn't able to talk Wallace into it, and that he wound up stunning him with a Zat gun and tossing him into the room. Now *that* would have been a truly badass and controversial reveal!!! Hey, who knows, maybe we'll find out later that that is how it went down!

Comment

WOOO!
                  That was just increadable, every time there is a Mckay ep I keep finding new debths to Rodney it would have looked great on paper but David Hewlet brought it into realaty who would have thought that he (mckay) would have volantaired to be
                  Spoiler:
                  Wraithed (culled)

But we know what happended and as for John, that was just apart of the Dark side

Superbe ep all around
                  C. Edmund

Comment

The ending was so dark, I do not know what to think about that. Have to re-watch the episode and make my mind later.

Stargate has lost a whole bunch of naïvety it had earlier.
                    Sheppards action was breath-taking.
                    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      Worst episode of the season so far.

Why is it the "good" guys seem to be able to stoop to any level but it's OK because they are just trying to save their team/friends whatever. But when someone else does this ie Wallace, then they are the bad guys and should be punished. Wallace was a parent desparately trying to save his daughter but of course he has to suffer the consequences for his "bad" actions while of course Sheppard doesn't.
                      Who said it was OK? You draw your own conclusions from what you see, no one is telling you that Shep's actions are good and Wallace's are bad. Sheppard still has to live with the way he treated him, and he position he put him in, and I think that was made quite clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Landers View Post
                        Shep had no right to push that man into suicide. Wallace should have been arrested and given a trial but Shep took the law into his own hands and basically was responsible for another man's demise.
                        Um...Sheppard is a career military officer. The U.S. doesn't have compulsory military service. Therefore, he chose a career where being responsible for other peoples' demise is kind of in the job description.

I'm also not sure where people are getting the idea that Wallace would have been given a trial, rather than disappeared into the SGC never to be heard from again. This guy knows about the Stargate Program. If he talks, and says, "Yes, actually--we've had contact with aliens, some of whom are trying to kill us, and the US, UK, French, Chinese and Russian governments all know but have kept it secret," the social and political fallout would be catastrophic. There's no reality in which the Powers That Be would let that happen.

Comment

Holy crap, it was incredibly boring and predictable. I'm happy that there's a "forward" button. I can't imagine that I will be forced to watch this episode for 42 minutes
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

If the government is farming out alien tech to companies, you know they would have an active database to search. The idea that John Sheppard would be going through paper records is a joke.
                            Yeah, that was a WTF moment. 21st century, people--keep up.

Her husbands reaction. Lame. If it was me, I would have strangled Rodney. Without a doubt, I would have killed him.
                            Even knowing that he's your best chance for getting your wife back? Make sure Jeannie's safe, then strangle him.

Unsecured email. Give me a break. Rodney sends the replicator program to Earth for Jeannie's to look at, and NOBODY NOTICED???? GOOD GOD - SG1 has Presidential level security, but Google's gmail slips past them without a minor effort.
                            I assumed that it was a secured connection--the point was that Wallace had nearly unlimited resources to throw at things like monitoring the connection and acting when something anomolous (like a more-heavily-encrypted-than-usual message) came through.

Comment

I'm sure the IOA has established some sort of legal protocols, cos it just wouldn't be like the IOA not to interfere in regards to civilians knowing and using the Stargate knowledge for own causes.

Crimes committed against SGC and its personnels tends to be dealt with swiftly, telling someone to die is not justice. I can't exactly remember but the SGC must have a law body that deals with issues like these or else, Sheppard wouldn't say on official papers, the Wraith attacked and killed Wallace. The SGC answers directly to the US President therefore, more than likely, there has to be a law body that deals with civilians using Stargate knowledge for their own causes without authorisation.

Like where does captured Goa'uld go? I think Wallace would have went to the same place as the captured Goa'uld are kept.

Comment

Good episode,but it kinda reminded me of Adrian Conrad's storyline

Comment

Working...
                                X