Those were Canadian Fives!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
    IIRC, not only are their 2 Starbucks on that intersection that are kitty corner to each other, but on the third corner of that intersection there is another "independent" coffee shop that is actually owned by the Starbucks megacorp.
    Hunh. I'll have to brave the wilds of Vancouver and check that out for myself. That means machete-ing my way through SkyTrain
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Indeed they were, which I thought was pretty neat lol! I think this is only my second time ever posting a reply to a forum post since I joined, but as I said in my first post I like to read what others have to say about these shows I like very much which is why I don't post that much. Peace to the Stargate Universes! (v);..;(v)

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
        Maybe theres a Starbucks on Atlantis
        Cashier: That will be $5 for your Latte.
        Scientist: What do you mean $5, we're in another galaxy for crying out loud!
        Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

Could have sworn i saw a 5 euro note as well...
          'It's a ship that goes through the gate. Gateship.'

Comment

Darn right I noticed the Canadian 5s. But it got me wondering: what's the exchange rate over there? would they take it at par, or sweat the 5% difference? Although I just checked, and it's actually .9% difference. But on days when there's a 5% difference, would they worry about it?

Which brings me to my other question, brought on by something in Trio: Does Atlantis have a bar? Would they hire a bartender for it, or would they do something like they did in M*A*S*H, where people took turns being the bartender when they weren't on duty? Or do they just have a huge fridge filled with beer?

Comment

Yes, they have a bar, and the bartender's name is Armin Shimerman.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Yes, they have a bar, and the bartender's name is Armin Shimerman.
                if only
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

When I was in the Canadian Armed Forces, many many, years ago, there was a trade called "Steward" They were a part of the Logistics trades and ran the messes and the bars. I'm guessing they are still around and that the American military has something similar.
                  I wonder what kind of tippers these folks are?
                  RobynsMom

Comment

Working...
                  X