Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we know it take about 3 weeks to go from Atlantis to Earth, it would take 1.5 weeks for the Odyssey to reach Midway as it is always in the MW. Also it would have to be pretty lucky for the Daedalus or Apolio to be close enough to reach Midway in time.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Since we know it take about 3 weeks to go from Atlantis to Earth, it would take 1.5 weeks for the Odyssey to reach Midway as it is always in the MW. Also it would have to be pretty lucky for the Daedalus or Apolio to be close enough to reach Midway in time.
      That's a good (and fast!) explanation. Thanks.

I just wondered why they never seem to mention the Odyssey these days, especially in "Be All My Sins Remembered" when they needed as many ships as possible. At the very least, I wondered why they didn't mention the Apollo.

This actually brings up a good point. Why isn't there ever one of the ships permanently based at Atlantis? I mean, they've got both the Daedalus and Apollo at their disposal now, so they can't use the excuse that the ship's ferrying people back and forth from Earth to Atlantis. If one ship's ever needed somewhere else, the other one could cover Atlantis. If nothing else, there aren't any "big-bads" harassing Earth anymore now the Ori have been dealt with. If Earth needs covering, it's the same thing with Atlantis i.e. they've got two ships to choose from to cover them. They actually did this in "The Ark Of Truth". While the Odyssey was away, they used the Apollo.

Anyway, that's my thinking on the subject. LOL!
      sigpic

Comment

Best. Episode. Ever.

I absolutely love how they successfully combined some hardcore whumping and action, with a good portion of the great humour that usually goes around. Kavanaugh added that extra something - I'd completely forgotten about him, and those rants McKay yelled at him was awesome.

And Teal'c! Teal'c with long hair! Teal'c with long hair fighting! Yaaay! How cool was it when he and Ronon saved each others ass!
        Good old Plan D, works every time! - John Sheppard

Comment

BEST EPISODE EVER! I wish we got to see the rest of the fight even thow it would probably go on for hours, but it was disopointing when Sam broke it up That would be a really tough bet to lol, id probably have to bet on Ronon in the long run thow. And it was funny how Ronons like "you say that alot" and Teal'C's like "What?" and Ronons Replies "Indeed", We definitly need more Teal'C + Ronon episodes in the future

Did anyone ever wonder how long Hermiode's gonna be with the Dedalouse ? Since the clones deteriorate.

Comment

Belouchi also writes: “ [...] 2. In the Episode Midway, if all the wraith were eliminated would that mean that their Cruiser is still left on that barren pegasus planet that is connected to the Mckay-Carter intergalactic gate system? [...]

Answers: [...] 2) If they were all eliminated and didn’t leave anyone behind to man the cruiser then, yes, it’s still out there. [...]
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-are-positive/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

re-watching season 4 now and watching this episode now. I just realized, why was coolidge sp? the only one not affected much by the stun wave?
              sigpic
              Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Wow, rodney is pretty stupid. He spends ages decoding some bridge system, as they can't dial directly. So he makes a macro on the crystal, they go to some other planet, insert it, then dial to the Midway buffer.
                Why not just update the macro at Atlantis and go directly? Or for that matter, rewrite the macro to dial at the last closet gate to Midway and take a jumper. He seemed to waste a fair deal of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                  Wow, rodney is pretty stupid. He spends ages decoding some bridge system, as they can't dial directly. So he makes a macro on the crystal, they go to some other planet, insert it, then dial to the Midway buffer.
                  Why not just update the macro at Atlantis and go directly? Or for that matter, rewrite the macro to dial at the last closet gate to Midway and take a jumper. He seemed to waste a fair deal of time.
                  lmao just imagining someone saying that to him would be funny, the way he would react n stuff i would defo laugh. but yeah i see your point

Comment

Re-watched it again today, I got to say this is my favorite episode of Stargate Atlantis. Wraith in the SGC at last(not counting Todd), Teal'c and Ronon side by side! A superb episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Re-watched it again today, I got to say this is my favorite episode of Stargate Atlantis. Wraith in the SGC at last(not counting Todd), Teal'c and Ronon side by side! A superb episode.
                      only if ronon had been in character thats it's only flaw

Comment

I love the entire arc of Teal'c and Ronon's interactions. Bonding based on their skills as warriors makes perfect sense to me. Although it's never clear why Ronon was so hostile to Teal'c when they first met. I'm also glad to see
                        Spoiler:
                        Midway go boom.
                        Midway always struck me as a huge target for the technologically advanced Wraith to focus on, and was doomed to be a problem from its conception. There were a few plot holes, the biggest for me being Harriman opening the iris. Hasn't whomever is in charge of SGC been the only one who can authorize the opening of the iris, even though Midway's IDC was received? Overall, I enjoyed this crossover of SG-1 aspects and characters with SGA. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

I re-watched this episode on DVD yesterday. Gateworld indicates that Andy Mikita directed the episode, but there is no commentary - big disappointment! - and no director credit on the DVD. Anyone know why?
                        My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

This is my favo Episode of Atlantis.
                          Teal'c is Indeed my favourite Person in SG-1!
                          “We could be a team. You could be my sidekick.”
                          “Sidekick?”
                          “Yeah, it’d be like Batman and Ronon. Has a nice ring to it.”
                          “Yeah, you keep eating like that it’s going to be more like fatman.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa-master View Post
                            But this is SGA.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa-master View Post
                              Teal'c saying that he never noticed how often he said "indeed" was priceless. Indeed.
                              My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
                                I love the entire arc of Teal'c and Ronon's interactions. Bonding based on their skills as warriors makes perfect sense to me. Although it's never clear why Ronon was so hostile to Teal'c when they first met.
                                Teal'c was an annoying know-it-all IMO. Maybe Ronon thought so too?
                                I'm also glad to see
                                Spoiler:
                                Midway go boom.
                                Midway always struck me as a huge target for the technologically advanced Wraith to focus on, and was doomed to be a problem from its conception. There were a few plot holes, the biggest for me being Harriman opening the iris. Hasn't whomever is in charge of SGC been the only one who can authorize the opening of the iris, even though Midway's IDC was received? Overall, I enjoyed this crossover of SG-1 aspects and characters with SGA. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.
                                I was glad to see it go, but not for the same reasons. I thought it took away from the sense of adventure in Atlantis. It changed Atlantis from an isolated outpost into a days' commute to the office. Then there was the added benefit of cutting down on Earth-based episodes and too many visitors from Earth. If I had my way they would have stayed cut off from Earth except for a few very rare visit from the Daedalus.

Comment

Working...
                                X