This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
    I believe Jodelle is 12. And I applaud you (sincerely) for teaching your child manners and discipline.

Harmony, though, was raised as royalty and all the entitlement that goes with it. Her parents were obviously not so diligent (especially after raising another kid that hires mercenaries to kill her little sister). Talk about dysfunctional....
    That's right. Her parents are horrible parents.
    It's time for the Atlantis team to consider a regime change on that planet. Bring democracy!
    "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't hate Harmony, but I tried to memorize hers and Lucius Lavin's face to my bounty hunters. Maybe the Lucian Alliance will help in a fantastic SG-1-Atlantis cross-over!
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
        The first time they showed her I could tell she looked like a spoiled, self centered, stuck up, rich kid. I was pretty much right. She was an idiot. John saved their hides and she makes him out to be a coward.
        Yes, she's self-centered, stuck-up and a brat. However, the John-thing is actually understandable.

Among her people, it is a deeply held belief that only a True Queen deemed worthy by the gods can use the necklace and activate it. John pretty much "stole" it and used it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
          The little princess really played the role of the bratty ,little spoiled rich lying girl well. Actually, the brattiness could have been worse, but it's classic 'I'm the princess, you'r my slave, do as I say or else' character. We are suppose to hate her, but love her at the same for the little cutiness that comes along. Gotta love the scene where the princess set up Rodney as the food thief. Reminds me alot of the Sam-Golum scene in the LOTR trilogy.
          True, but i was royally hating that they had to break to the so cliche' girl crys to get her way' thing..

yeah, i hated her too. I would have loved to have seen Ronan as part of that group. He would have tossed her to the "beast"
          Or just choke slammed her into the ground/

The child was exceptionally annoying. Why her people would choose her over the older sibling is beyond me. To me, that is the thing that made no sense about this episode.
          IIRC from the beginning the elder sister said it was their mother, the current queen who chose her.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            [Ronon would have] ... just choke slammed her into the ground/
            Somehow I doubt that ...he seems to have a real soft spot for damsels in distress...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I don't hate Harmony, but I tried to memorize hers and Lucius Lavin's face to my bounty hunters. Maybe the Lucian Alliance will help in a fantastic SG-1-Atlantis cross-over!
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                Somehow I doubt that ...he seems to have a real soft spot for damsels in distress...
                I am not sure she would be a Damsel in distress though.

Comment

I didnt hate her but she was a brat
                  o n she was a little creepy when she had a crush on john, all those scenes with her n john were a little awkward like...

Comment

I have a younger sister that is about to turn 16. When she was the age of harmony she was a little bit of a brat but she eventually grew out of it. So when we are young we all have times when were pains in the butt (just ask our mom) but in the end most of use grow up. So cut the girl some slack.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      Yes, she's self-centered, stuck-up and a brat. However, the John-thing is actually understandable.

Among her people, it is a deeply held belief that only a True Queen deemed worthy by the gods can use the necklace and activate it. John pretty much "stole" it and used it himself.
                      And we all know what that means, John IS the new Queen, that would be an interesting plot twist.

Comment

Some pretty harsh comments towards the Harmony character and children on this thread.

But that aside, I like this episode, the actress did a really good job, don't know what she's like in real life, can't be as bad as her character though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
                          The first time they showed her I could tell she looked like a spoiled, self centered, stuck up, rich kid. I was pretty much right. She was an idiot. John saved their hides and she makes him out to be a coward.
                          Sorry I loved this episode, an still laugh at the end with the portrait no mater how many times I see it it just strikes the funny bone, its Johns face just has me in stitches, she did her job as acting as a brat, so I think it went well, this one is in my top 20 favourite SGA
                          Atlantis Rocks

sigpic SGA the right people in the right place

Comment

I didn't see any of the episodes until season 4 came out on dvd (still haven't seen any of season 5, in fact), but I was looking at comments about the various episodes. The comments about Harmony were so bad I was wondering if I should skip the episode and come back to it after I had seen one of the other episodes. Much to my surprise, I decided to watch the episode right away and found that I really enjoyed it. It was funny throughout, and the painting at the end had me and my family laughing pretty hard.

All I can say is the little girl is supposed to be annoying.
                            "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                            "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

The character was so stuck up and annoying... kinda terrible.

Though I think the girl who played her did a good job with what she was given. Still, the episode is definitely one of my least favorites of the season (probably the worst Gero written episode too )...
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

This is actually one of my favorite episodes.
                                It had great Rodney and Shep bantering, which became so sadly lacking in Season 5.
                                And Harmony was like a minature girl version of Rodney, so I thought she was funny.
                                The painting at the end was priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X