X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
    Right.

Not mine. See above. (Well, not yet, anyway.)

To me she looked younger than 13. I only saw the second half because I was playing LIFE with my adorable well-behaved daughter. So I didn't get the part where they said her age. And to me it looked like a ten-year-old coming on to Shep and McKay. It creeped me out.

I thought she was very nasty and not well-acted. But I didn't like the little Jack clone for the same reason. Kids overact. Just watch the Disney channel sometime- oh wait- no, bad advice.

A couple of the kids they had on SG-1 did great jobs, but they weren't trying to be snarky or bossy. The one from Learning Curve was fabulous, and young Cassie. But a lot of the time kids substitute volume for talent.
    I believe Jodelle is 12. And I applaud you (sincerely) for teaching your child manners and discipline.

Harmony, though, was raised as royalty and all the entitlement that goes with it. Her parents were obviously not so diligent (especially after raising another kid that hires mercenaries to kill her little sister). Talk about dysfunctional....
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I agree with those who said that is just how 13 year olds act. I remember being 13, and while I wasn't a terror of a princess like her (I'm a guy for one thing), I wasn't nice. And that's why no character between the ages of 8 and 16 should be seen on television or in movies. Young kids are cute, and older kids are starting to grow up and are bearable, even if they are idiots. In between they are simply intolerable.

It's bad enough that we have to put up with them in real life, but to have to watch them on TV too? Geez, shoot me now.

Comment

Oy...all the...violent hatred.

None of you should have kids.

Comment

Give me a P-90 and I'll take care of Harmony.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

She ruined the episode for me.

And I didn't find her believable at all. My niece is her age and neither she, nor any of her friends-many of whom are overly privileged and spoiled, act anything close to that poorly written Hollywood trope.

Heck my four-year-old niece, who is terribly spoiled, and very bratty isn't even 1/4 that bad.

Comment

Just because you've never run across a kid that spoiled doesn't mean they don't exist. Imagine what someone like Paris Hilton was like when she was 13.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                Just because you've never run across a kid that spoiled doesn't mean they don't exist. Imagine what someone like Paris Hilton was like when she was 13.
                OMG please don't make me do THAT!
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                  I agree with those who said that is just how 13 year olds act. I remember being 13, and while I wasn't a terror of a princess like her (I'm a guy for one thing), I wasn't nice. And that's why no character between the ages of 8 and 16 should be seen on television or in movies. Young kids are cute, and older kids are starting to grow up and are bearable, even if they are idiots. In between they are simply intolerable.

It's bad enough that we have to put up with them in real life, but to have to watch them on TV too? Geez, shoot me now.
                  I agree. I think the actress did a great depiction of a thirteen year old, and I don't want to take that away from her because she did do a good job. But, I don't care how true to life her acting was. I don't like watching kids on my television shows. Or rather, I don't mind them in small doses, but she was the plot here. She was also one of three main characters in the story. There was no escape from her. I'm surprised I made it to the end, but I was jumping between channels during the slow parts.

I watch shows after nine o'clock for a reason. I want adult time.

Comment

she was 13 they are all *****es at the age

Comment

i hated her. i hated her i was about to turn it off. i hated her that at 14 mins into the ep i wanted her dead. i wish they had made a deal with the genii, take the girl to the ruins and let her do her stuff, and then the genii will kill her before she reaches the villiage.

but yes, i agree totally the parents fault. they raised a horrible child and now the ppl of that planet will have to live with her like that. i wonder if we'll hear in a couple of seasons that they've revulted and killed her coz she was a bad queen. maybe she might change, she is a quick learner, but i doubt it.

she does act like a lot of kids that age. i work retail and they always come through, treating me like ****. it's absolutely hilarious making them say "please" when asking me something, and i wait until they say "thank you" before they get their bags. the other customers in the line look so greatful someone tried to teach them manners.

VastlySuperiorStuff suggested watching the disney ch, and i do sometimes, i'm a sucker for kids shows, and some of them show kids aren't always stuck up and rude, they can be nice if they are taught how to be.

so, to surmise, green to those who wished violence towards the little girl. as john said, it doesn't always work in real life, but it's just a show, and we can dream about beating her face in until she uses manners and respect
                      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*
                      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

At least Rodney was right, she was way more mature than Sheppard's usual girlfriends (lol, no that she was his gf). I mean she packed in more personality than Larrin.
                        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Well, you know she was supposed to be a brat. She was young and inexperienced. She got everything she wanted as a child. I think she got used to it. The painting was a change of pace wouldn't you agree.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                            I just wanted to punch her in the teeth, and then kick her when she was down.

Hate kids like that.
                            Seek help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
                              Seek help.

I've got to admit I though she was stuck up/full of herself and annoying... But then again does anyone know someone that was pampered from birth that isn't?

Comment

I dont like kids to but she is a fine example of why. Besides that the was an annoying character but a good actor, very funny whose to be king dialogues.
                                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                                X