This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
    And the leader of the Genii is that Jaffa commander from Baals ship building planet.
    I didn't know that. Was there anyone in the supporting cast of this episode that hasn't been on SG-1?
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Not the greatest episode, but for a light, filler episode I really enjoyed it.

The McKay-Sheppard banter is always fun but at times felt just a little flat. I don’t know what I enjoyed more, the actual verbal banter back and forth or the looks they gave each other. One that stands out is the end where Harmony is first praising McKay as her new hero, John looks exasperated then walks away – loved it.

Harmony baiting McKay and setting him up to get in “trouble” with John instead of her. It was fun seeing Rodney match wits with a 13 year old teenage girl – and let me tell you, 13 year old teenage girls can be very manipulative and very dangerous. While at times I did think her bratty attitude was a bit overdone. on the whole it worked.

Harmony having a crush first on John, then switching to Rodney at the end; again, is so very much like a 13 year old teenage girl. And the picture at the end – every teenage girl I know has a picture of their hero or their latest heart throb hanging in their room. Now Harmony has Rodney!

Liked the idea of the Ancient experiment and mini drones. I hope they revisit this in a future episode; it would be nice to learn a bit more about them.

Nice to see the Genii again, though I wish there was more background as to why they were there. Was it just to stop Harmony so they could resume trading with the planet again? Seems a bit extreme; or were they interested in the mini drones? In “Phantoms” the Genii were interested and messed around with the Wraith experiment. I guess I wonder if and/or what the Genii are up to. In the “Return Part 1” Ladon seemed to indicate to Teyla and Ronon that they had a plan but we have heard little since then. And was this a rogue group or were they under Ladon? (I think most likely rogue)

The picture at the end! Loved both John and McKay’s expressions.

Joe F and David H both did a great job.

8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
        I'm not really sure how my signature with pics of Cliff Simon taking his shirt off at a convention has anything to do with my feeling that the they've overused the whole alien women falling for Sheppard bit. If I were complaining that he was running around shirtless then maybe I could see the comparison but as is I just don't see what you're aiming at.
        I was teasing sorry if it came off wrong.

I didn't hate the episode but I do think that all the shameless kirking sort of undermines Shepard as a military officer at times. It's a pet peeve but if people dig it then I'm happy for them.
        I see your point but no one is as bad as Kirk especially Shep.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mago1978 View Post
          No question one of the worst episodes of the series and the worst of the season.
          Uh uh. That would be The Tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Well IMO it was this episode. I found the tower to be much better.

Comment

Actually the worst episode of the series was The Irr's
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Actually the worst episode of the series was The Irr's
                Well I actually liked those and The Tower though they are the lowest ones on my fav list.

Comment

I didn't find it nearly as hard to watch as the Unholy Trinity of The Tower, Irresistable, and Irresponsible. I had a few nitpicks and found it overall a bit too silly at times but it was still entertaining and I laughed quite a few times.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad. I did like how Sheppard said that McKay made him cry sometimes also. That was cute. Other than that it was okay.
                    there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

I didn't find it nearly as hard to watch as the Unholy Trinity of The Tower, Irresistable, and Irresponsible. I had a few nitpicks and found it overall a bit too silly at times but it was still entertaining and I laughed quite a few times.
                      Especially at the painting right? BTW you did see my apology, I didn't mean to come off like it did.

Comment

Originally posted by mago1978 View Post
                        No question one of the worst episodes of the series and the worst of the season.
                        No argument with the latter - this ep was pretty bad. No way a painting, however well done, however lulzy, is going to make up for this waste of an hour.

Now the worst ep of the series? Lucius wins hands down there.

Comment

Especially at the painting right? BTW you did see my apology, I didn't mean to come off like it did.
                          Don't worry about it. I didn't take offense I just wasn't sure what the comparison was.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            That makes sense. Did they say that in the episode? I don't remember it.
                            Yes. Right after the leader of the Genii mercenaries went to the castle to speak to the sister and give her the radio, she says that they'll get 3 times the pay for killing all three people.

Comment

Don't worry about it. I didn't take offense I just wasn't sure what the comparison was.
                              Just checking.

Comment

I can't stand these typical stories with self-absorbed cute kids. Actually, I generally hate stories that center around cute kids (probably why I didn't miss it when Babylon 5 ran its course-- it didn't have any). It's not nearly as funny as self-absorbed grown men for the fact they ARE kids and humans are generally born to be receptive toward their young as a species.

I was waiting for the come-uppance that didn't happen. I just plain hate that character.
                                I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

Working...
                                X