Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doppelganger Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    What can I say, Evil Shep and vulnerable Shep along with shirtless Shep makes me a bit giddy.
    Oh, there's an understatement.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      Breathe in, breath out. Hey!!! No snoring!!!!

Is it me or in one of those pics Sheppard joined the dark side and became the emperor? Who would have thought it ....Sheppard a Sith....
      Darth Shep!
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Darth Shep!
        First Daniel (The Quest part Deux ) now Sheppard and McKay . I wonder who will follow in their footsteps? Ronon would be a good R2 . I take that back...a good chewie . They look pretty much the same

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
          Didn't he say in the Ark that he was claustrophobic? Maybe being buried alive is the one thing that freaks him out, as he has no way out.
          I can easily see how, for someone whose survival for 7 years depended on being able to keep moving and running, being trapped in any way could be a very strong fear...
          sigpic

Comment

Four new DOPPELGANGER images out. Over at the season 4 pictures thread at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=333

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
              I get the impression from the preview clips that Rodney's nightmare comes out of being in the position where he can't save the day. He's out in the ocean on a boat and no technology will save him. It seems like he's struggling to save both himself and Sheppard, who is taunting him over his inability to perform the standard McKay miracle. It harkens back to all his terror of drowning and being eaten by the whale, I think. Only sheer muscle power will save them and Shep's not helping, so it's all up to poor Rodney. Maybe it's partly also to do with insecurity that he's not as up to the physical challenges as he is the mental challenges. And it would just have to crush the heart out of Rodney to have Sheppard taunting and humiliating him on both counts.
              I think Rodney's nightmare, if it's anything like that, is right on the mark and it sounds really excellent. I can't wait to see it. Ronon's is less clear, to me anyway, unless it's hanging on some sort of psychological fear regarding Sheppard's military command over him.
              I think you are right about Rodney.
              Also I found this spoiler... it was on Gateworld on DG's episode page...

Spoiler:
              Cooper reached back not only to the first season of Stargate SG-1 in conceiving the story, but to his own childhood as well. "My dad took me to see Jaws when I was seven years old. I was seven. There's a line in the script: one of McKay's histories is that his dad read him 'Moby Dick' when he was seven years old. The line was: 'What was the man thinking?!'"

So my take is Rodney's nightmare has something to do with Moby Dick. I'm ashamed to say I haven't read the book so I don't know if that fits.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Four new DOPPELGANGER images out. Over at the season 4 pictures thread at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=333
                Prion has anyone ever told you how wonderful you are. You always find such goodies to share.
                sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                &
                AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Given the massive mistake (or lack there of) at iTunes, this episode is, or was available for a brief time.

So, yeah...
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                    Given the massive mistake (or lack there of) at iTunes, this episode is, or was available for a brief time.

So, yeah...
                    Good lord.. I can't imagine the showrunners are happy at that.. I think iTunes stuff is DRM'd so it won't make it onto file sharing sites like the press screeners, at least, but I don't know for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
                      Good lord.. I can't imagine the showrunners are happy at that.. I think iTunes stuff is DRM'd so it won't make it onto file sharing sites like the press screeners, at least, but I don't know for sure..
                      What does DRMed mean? (Complete iTunes ignoramus here)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
                        Hmm, probably not, then again if a fan is desperate to see it, I mean look at all the illegal vids (taken in cinemas) of movies on the net? Not that I ever have looked but they are crap but people still dl them.

But given it will air in a few weeks it probably has little value beyond major spoilers to most in fandom... that is the real shame in a way, major spoilers get leaked which takes away the impact of the ep.

Having said that I wouldn't mind hearing about major spoilers.

Comment

Digital Rights Management, it's software embedded in the video file (.mp4) that links video and audio files to computers and/or accounts. iTunes isn't the only company that uses it. The store that the Zune uses has DRM.

Comment

Digital Rights Management, it's software embedded in the video file (.mp4) that links video and audio files to computers and/or accounts. iTunes isn't the only company that uses it. The store that the Zune uses has DRM.
                            Thought it was something like that. I understood that iTunes files only play on iTunes software so people can't copy it etc but I take it this DMR thing means they will only play on one specific computer/account then?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Thought it was something like that. I understood that iTunes files only play on iTunes software so people can't copy it etc but I take it this DMR thing means they will only play on one specific computer/account then?
                              It will play on any computer that is authorized to play it (a total of 5).

Comment

It will play on any computer that is authorized to play it (a total of 5).
                                That's true. You have to download the iTunes player to your computer, but as long as you have that....
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X