No announcement yet.

Empty Aurora replicator ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with the opinion that there wasn't enough time to make the Rep ships ship-shape and run with them to safety. I think that the idea of taking a few ZPM's..... they could have done so, as we know, they know where they are, but for what ever reason TPTB didn't write that into the story we may never know, but it would make things very easy for the Atlantis team if anything bad came along. Only time will tell.
    http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Normally they probably would have attempted to nick a few ZPMs, but the original plan was to blow them up remember...

Comment

Well I think the wraith had the right idea...

Spoiler:
        From the preview to Spoils Of War it looks like the wraith themselves took the time to nick a ZPM during the battle....c'mon Team Atlantis you could have done the same at least!
        Betrayed

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
          I didn't look like the nanties left their ships by going through the door. They all just streamed through the bottom of the ships and would have done some serious damage on the way through. Even if there was time to beam onto them I doubt they would have been able to fly them clear of the planet in time.
          LMAO

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing - they were in a bit of a hurry to bother with doors! Having replicator nanites from all over the ship being sucked down to the planet's surface with such force would have left those ships rittled (which apparently isn't a real word) with holes.

Comment

I whole heartedly agree that trying to take some Auroras would've been a foolish task considering the planet could blow at any time. Also considering the damage done to them it would've been potentially very dangerous even without taking into account the unstable planet below.

However, if they'd beamed down a few teams of 3 marines + one scientist to the locations of the ZPMs they weren't going to detonate, at the same time they beamed McKay, Ronon & Fran down, there would've been plenty of time for them to quickly disconnect the ZPMs and beam back out.

If they were worried about it being too dangerous, they could've made the mission voluntary so that whoever did it went in knowing full well that they may have to be left behind when the planet blows.

But, as previously posted
            Spoiler:

It looks like the Wraith thought it was worth the risk and grabbed a ZPM for themselves. I'm seriously looking forward to Spoils of War.

Comment

problem with that is besides mccayy and zalenka, who knows how to put in/take out a ZPM /? Also did he not say he needed them all to blow up and compact the blob?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                problem with that is besides mccayy and zalenka, who knows how to put in/take out a ZPM /? Also did he not say he needed them all to blow up and compact the blob?
                That was the original plan before the repli-blob crushed the main power Conduits...
                I would have thought McKay/Carter or someone would have written a report detailing how to install ZPMs *especially with one having been fitted on the Oddyssey*...
                Last edited by Guest; 09 January 2008, 10:19 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                  I whole heartedly agree that trying to take some Auroras would've been a foolish task considering the planet could blow at any time. Also considering the damage done to them it would've been potentially very dangerous even without taking into account the unstable planet below.

However, if they'd beamed down a few teams of 3 marines + one scientist to the locations of the ZPMs they weren't going to detonate, at the same time they beamed McKay, Ronon & Fran down, there would've been plenty of time for them to quickly disconnect the ZPMs and beam back out.

If they were worried about it being too dangerous, they could've made the mission voluntary so that whoever did it went in knowing full well that they may have to be left behind when the planet blows.

But, as previously posted
                  Spoiler:

It looks like the Wraith thought it was worth the risk and grabbed a ZPM for themselves. I'm seriously looking forward to Spoils of War.
                  The military didn't want to take the chance of even one of their people being captured. Besides the fact that they were focused solely on destroying the Asurans, remember that these are Replicators we're talking about. Every human attacking knew the plan, and if even one person was captured and their memory scanned in the Replicator way, they could've adapted, or worse, allowed themselves to be gathered before controlling the kiron pathways and becoming a menace unlike any we've seen before.

It's my understanding that detaching a ZPM takes time just like switching the city from cloaked to shielded. When Sheppard got one in Lifeline, the time may have been compressed between shots.
                  It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                  --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Working...
                  X