Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey,that was not a very nice thing to say!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starfox View Post
    Why does being her friend mean he has to be congratulatory? You can be a good friend while still being honest and telling someone they screwed up; IMO those are the best types of friends.
    no, he was just all around mad at her, didn't even congrajulate her and he just walked away , he needed to be supportive, he didn't even apologize!
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

He had every right to be mad at her.
      Last edited by jenks; 05 January 2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
        no, he was just all around mad at her, didn't even congrajulate her and he just walked away , he needed to be supportive, he didn't even apologize!
        She wasn't honest with him. He has every right to be upset. Her lack of honesty has put him in a position where he was putting her unborn child harms way. Guaranteed that he would have been 100% supportive and congratulatory if she had told him the second she found out.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
          Conflict is a good thing. If everyone loved everyone else all the time (at least on TV) where would the drama be?
          Hmm, I suppose my only problem is that tptb write loud abusive exchanges as "drama" rather then in-depth and insightful exchanges and story lines.

I find yelling at McKay to hurry up creates a barrier between the characters rather then drama. I think the exchange between Ellis and McKay is a classic example of that, if you see "drama" as something that happen on a soap operas, then fine but I want a little more insight into why someone suddenly behaves so unprofessionally, really Ellis was out of line. It was never his call. It becomes formula to make it always McKay that gets yelled at, not drama. If there was a few lead up scene to things it might work but this out of the blue "cracking of the whip" is just poor writing and in the end it leaves me cold towards the characters, at times even McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
            She wasn't honest with him. He has every right to be upset. Her lack of honesty has put him in a position where he was putting her unborn child harms way. Guaranteed that he would have been 100% supportive and congratulatory if she had told him the second she found out.
            true , but it is not his business to know, i am sure she is allowed some privacy,

and that thing he said about "we get stunned all the time, shake it off"

besides that still hurts getting stunned
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

true , but it is not his business to know, i am sure she is allowed some privacy,

and that thing he said about "we get stunned all the time, shake it off"

besides that still hurts getting stunned
              But that's the thing, it is Sheppard's business. He is her CO, he sends her into danger all the time THINKING he knows as many variables as possible. He is now sending an extra life into that danger and he has every reason to know that.

Comment

Exactly. If Teyla just stayed at the city and worked a desk or something, it wouldn't matter.

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                Hmm, I suppose my only problem is that tptb write loud abusive exchanges as "drama" rather then in-depth and insightful exchanges and story lines.

I find yelling at McKay to hurry up creates a barrier between the characters rather then drama. I think the exchange between Ellis and McKay is a classic example of that, if you see "drama" as something that happen on a soap operas, then fine but I want a little more insight into why someone suddenly behaves so unprofessionally, really Ellis was out of line. It was never his call. It becomes formula to make it always McKay that gets yelled at, not drama. If there was a few lead up scene to things it might work but this out of the blue "cracking of the whip" is just poor writing and in the end it leaves me cold towards the characters, at times even McKay.
                Ellis is a military man who's used to be given answers. Not some speech full of words but lacking any substance. No one under Ellis' command would have come up to him and babbled his or her way through that conversation. The exchange is quite what I would expect given that Ellis hasn't been around Atlantis very much and hasn't worked directly with McKay.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Wow, i just thought some of the things others said to each other in this episode was not very nice,

- John shouldn't reacted that way to Teyla finally telling him about her pregnancy, he should have been happy and congragulated her and helped her figure out away to still contribute. She is not from Earth and he is not her father, he suppose to be her friend.

- What Colonel Ellis said to Rodney, implying that Rodney thinks everybody is stupid, and they wouldn't get that he doesn't have a plan fully ready, but Colonel Carter sure put Colonel Ellis in his place.

- Also wraith humor........ what happened? i wanted to see him laugh some more.

some quotes are good and funny, but there are things that characters shouldn't have said to each other, it's against their greatness.

so tell me what you think !!
                  How about its his fault a pregnant women he cares for just got tasered because of him? WTF id freak out too. At the very least he feels like an uncle, if hes willing to die for the mother just imagine wut he would do for the kid.

Off active duty dosent mean shes leaving, sadly she has nowhere else to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    First and foremost he's her commanding officer, she let him send her out on missions while she was pregnant, what if something had happened to the baby? I'm not surprised how he reacted to be honest, he had every right to be furious.
                    I agree. I would have been pissed, too. I'm actually surprised that Dr. Keller didn't inform her superior, Col. Carter, that Teyla was no longer fit for duty. Teyla may think that she is, but I doubt that Carter would feel the same way and I don't see how Keller can either. When you're three months pregnant, you simply don't go into Wraith hiveships like it an ordinary Tuesday.

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                    Agreed. It wasn't Ellis' place to reprimand Rodney. Carter has a new position now - the person in charge. Sam the scientist might not have gotten in Ellis' face, but Sam the expedition leader defended her person as any good boss should
                    Sam the expedition leader should have shut Rodney down earlier so that Ellis didn't have to call BS on him.

I personally loved Ellis's taking McKay down a peg or two.

Comment

Everyone has some excellent points, and i agree with all the stuff that y'all said about Carter and Ellis and the wriath humor?
                      however i have to disagree with Sheppard talking to Teyla like that yes he is her commanding officer, but it was very hard for her to come at tell him this, she is Athosian not from Earth her body is very different from an Earthlings, and he should have been supportive, she is in a very emotional state now and he just yells at her like he her father , he should have put on two hats that of the congrajulatory friend and concerned commanding officer

another thing

- she pregnant , not an invalid
                      - and she is pregnant, not disabled, pregnant women can still work and do normal things, they just also happened to be creating life as well. ( it's multitasking) trust me i know!
                      Oh please. That's just ridiculous. This isn't the Waltons and she isn't a paper pusher. She's part of an exploratory team that frequently is put in danger.

She can have her personal life and her professional life, and they can be kept seperate. But once her personal life interferes with her professional life, it IS Sheppard's business. She's a member of HIS team. She put both her and her child's life in danger, and because she is not 100%, she put the team's lives in danger too.

Whether or not she could complete the tasks is irrelevant. She had an obligation to be forthcoming, and she didn't. And I wouldn't call what they do "normal" tasks. You don't see many pregnant women flying bombing missions in a fighter jet, running an obstacle course in basic training, or competing in the olympics. And there's good reason.

Also, when you deal with the military, you have to remember that information flows up, not down. In real life, if a woman who is in the military becomes pregnant, her commanding officer is always notified. The person in charge needs to have all and the best information possible.

Furthermore, whether or not she is from earth, she is still mostly human. It's not like she is a klingon or anything. Which brings up another point. She does have some Wraith DNA in her. That could complicate her pregnancy. Which is another reason she should have been forthcoming. But she didn't.

It's kinda like you're walking out the door with a friend to go see a movie and have dinner, but just before you get outside they tell you they have no money and they're sick and have been vomitting all day. But they never said anything to you all day about it when you talked to them on the phone. Instead they waited until the last minute to say something. And thus throwing the plans into chaos, as now you have to worry about them getting sick in your car, at dinner, during the movie, plus you now have to run to the ATM so they can get money or you'll have to pick up the tab, and since it's an extra trip, you now have to get gas too. I think you'd be just a bit annoyed with that person for not telling you before hand, don't you?

And another thing, being pregnant is not debilitating, but, you are bringing a child into potentially dangerous situations. Would you bring your already born child on missions with you? Whether the child is born or not, it would be the same thing. That's the point. It's irresponsible, and downright reckless. I'm sure the father would have objected had he been there. What about his feelings? If I had been Sheppard, I would have reacted the same way, if not worse. I may have unloaded with both barrels on her. She showed incredibly poor judgement.
                      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

I think John reacted fairly well to Teyla's news. She knowingly compromised herself and her child and hardly made an effort to tell anyone of her situation. And why didn't Dr. Keller tell Carter isn't that against regulations. John was concerned, surprised and her cares for Teyla's well being so it was an honest and loyal reaction to the news.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think Sheppard was also very disappointed by Teyla's timing. She was aware of her pregnancy for two months and she didn't bother to tell him that. They've been building their relationship for almost 4 years and htey'Ve became close friends and obviously have some feelings for each other
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it was a pretty natural reaction. I mean a pregnancy is a pretty sensitve posistion to be in the first place. Even though I can see her reasoning teyla shouldn't have been going off world. I think part of johns strong reaction was simply that teyla had been putting herself and her baby in so much danger.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

- John shouldn't reacted that way to Teyla finally telling him about her pregnancy, he should have been happy and congragulated her and helped her figure out away to still contribute. She is not from Earth and he is not her father, he suppose to be her friend.
                              I think he reacted very well. It was the only Sheppard´s scene I really liked in this episode. It might be Teyla´s baby, health and body, but she is part of his team and he is her commander. He had right to know, not mention the fact that her condition might get them all into trouble. What if something went wrong in the mission and she needed medical attention? And I think he felt disappointed that she didn´t tell him because they are good friends. He might think that she doesn´t trust him.

- What Colonel Ellis said to Rodney, implying that Rodney thinks everybody is stupid, and they wouldn't get that he doesn't have a plan fully ready, but Colonel Carter sure put Colonel Ellis in his place.
                              I don´t like Ellis too much. He acted as a jerk in First Strike. But I take it that he is a military commander and is used to some order of things. He was right but it is no reason to act to someone, who he barely knows, like that. McKay is under command of someone else and Ellis remided me some high-school jerk, who is trying to play with weaker student. And to Rodney´s defense , he is a scientist and is looking for scientific solutions. We know he doesn´t like military style much. He has been working at the code for weeks, hell, his sister almost died in the process, so no wonder that he doesn´t want to throw the work from window.

some quotes are good and funny, but there are things that characters shouldn't have said to each other, it's against their greatness.
                              I hoped that Sheppard will support Rodney more. He pointed to Rodney in the meeting and said "we trust...Rodney" and he hesitated. Come on, John, you made also very wrong decisions and people still trust you, so get over Rodney´s mistakes, too.
                              I liked the scene in the end between them, thougt.

so tell me what you think !!
                              I just did

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                                Oh please. That's just ridiculous. This isn't the Waltons and she isn't a paper pusher. She's part of an exploratory team that frequently is put in danger.

She can have her personal life and her professional life, and they can be kept seperate. But once her personal life interferes with her professional life, it IS Sheppard's business. She's a member of HIS team. She put both her and her child's life in danger, and because she is not 100%, she put the team's lives in danger too.

Whether or not she could complete the tasks is irrelevant. She had an obligation to be forthcoming, and she didn't. And I wouldn't call what they do "normal" tasks. You don't see many pregnant women flying bombing missions in a fighter jet, running an obstacle course in basic training, or competing in the olympics. And there's good reason.

Also, when you deal with the military, you have to remember that information flows up, not down. In real life, if a woman who is in the military becomes pregnant, her commanding officer is always notified. The person in charge needs to have all and the best information possible.

Furthermore, whether or not she is from earth, she is still mostly human. It's not like she is a klingon or anything. Which brings up another point. She does have some Wraith DNA in her. That could complicate her pregnancy. Which is another reason she should have been forthcoming. But she didn't.

It's kinda like you're walking out the door with a friend to go see a movie and have dinner, but just before you get outside they tell you they have no money and they're sick and have been vomitting all day. But they never said anything to you all day about it when you talked to them on the phone. Instead they waited until the last minute to say something. And thus throwing the plans into chaos, as now you have to worry about them getting sick in your car, at dinner, during the movie, plus you now have to run to the ATM so they can get money or you'll have to pick up the tab, and since it's an extra trip, you now have to get gas too. I think you'd be just a bit annoyed with that person for not telling you before hand, don't you?

And another thing, being pregnant is not debilitating, but, you are bringing a child into potentially dangerous situations. Would you bring your already born child on missions with you? Whether the child is born or not, it would be the same thing. That's the point. It's irresponsible, and downright reckless. I'm sure the father would have objected had he been there. What about his feelings? If I had been Sheppard, I would have reacted the same way, if not worse. I may have unloaded with both barrels on her. She showed incredibly poor judgement.

you make very good points, but i think he should have been a little nicer to her, instead of just yelling at her in front of the team, even Carter who is his boss reacted alot nicer and professional about it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X