No announcement yet.

All those Aurora-Classes and ZPMs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think about it asgard technology is beyond ancient technology.
    they were both leaders in technology, but while the ancients ascended, the asgard didn't... and then couldn't.
    they had a lot more time to develop and fine tune their technology.
    also it's been stated that pegasus galaxy HF replicators are not as advanced as Milky way HF replicators.

as far as ZPM's... they seem to have given up the "we need ZPM's" thing... atlantis is running fine on 3 as it is.

they couldn't just beam them away because they need to put tracking devices on them.
    just because it "looked McKay beamed down to a ZPM room" doesnt mean he did.. lantean/asuran architecture is all pretty samey looking.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      Thats what I have been saying and it pissed me off so much that we didn't get anything at all and their was so much for the taking. It was like christmas but instead of presnets everyone just left
      There wasnt enough time to do that not to mention the plan was to overload them.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
        Either those beam weapons are beyond Ancient tech or the Replicators tech isn't up to Ancient tech. Either way need TPTB to explain. Also is it just me or do Hive ships explode with much much more force then an Aurora class ship?
        I think you're onto something.

Even Caldwell was shocked at how fast they were able to destroy the Replican ships.

Comment

Originally posted by inta View Post
          If you think about it asgard technology is beyond ancient technology.
          they were both leaders in technology, but while the ancients ascended, the asgard didn't... and then couldn't.
          they had a lot more time to develop and fine tune their technology.
          Not true the Ancients had 50 Million years+ to develop technologically. The Asgard 30,000 years ago had gould efficient hyperdrives. The asgard probably learned a lot from the ancients, then built on it. But still they do not exceed the ancients in certain areas such as genetics and shield technology.

also it's been stated that pegasus galaxy HF replicators are not as advanced as Milky way HF replicators.
          No, its been stated that their ships are made of real materials rather than replicator blocks.

as far as ZPM's... they seem to have given up the "we need ZPM's" thing... atlantis is running fine on 3 as it is.
          Its running on a new one and one that is close to maximum entropy.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by inta View Post
            If you think about it asgard technology is beyond ancient technology. they had a lot more time to develop and fine tune their technology.
            I think you need to watch this episode and see what ancient shields were capable of.

Comment

I would think the Asgard as race are few million years old, at most 5-10 million.

In real life, humans as we know it came from Africa 200,000 years ago or so.

Ancients are 50 million+ years, could be old as 100 million I suppose.

Asurans=Ancients in knowledge.

MW Replicators ships are far harder to destroy and none can be completely destroyed by conventional means. MW reps also can fire weapons (which can include nanites) that pierce shields.

Atlantis itself has not generator much new tech, if at all: What about Lantean hand weapons? ZPMs? Nothing really.

I guess with the Asgard core thing, they can create anything, so the Odyssey is a WalMart.

Comment

Did anyone notice that the Aurora class ships were firing plasma batteries not just drones? The batteries fired much like a broadside like that of old battleships. It makes since though, it seems foolish to have only on type of weaponry on a ship so the batteries are used when there are more targets or drones are running low.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ehecatl; 05 January 2008, 12:58 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                  Did anyone notice that the Aurora class ships were firing plasma batteries not just drones. The batteries fired much like a broadside like that of old battleships. It makes since though, it seems foolish to have only on type of weaponry on a ship so the batteries are used when there are more targets or drones are running low.
                  Yeah I did. The Aurora ships hae drones and a plasma cannon I think.

Comment

yep, it ticked me off, city power went down, they could have beamed up a **** load of ZPMs

and all those empy ships that they could have beamed ATA crew on and emergancy flew those ships out with.

a lot of lost loot today...
                    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

To be honest i think they had the primary mission of surviving the replicators, also they knew they would have been targeted eventually so I just think they wanted to get in their, do their job, and get out, I agree with the ships being underwhelmingly weak maybe they lacked ZPM's, maybe they wre unmanned or they were ships during construction and they put them in orbit to make room to make more ships, anyway that is what i think.

Also I think since they are allies with Larrin now, and have the replicant machine thing, they can create an inert replicator and use it to teach the team to create ZPM's, assumginly Atlantis has a ZPM making facility, and by the way isnt the Asuran planet made of neutronium and wasnt that the Asgard primary technology component.
                      Last edited by lvlister2005; 05 January 2008, 03:00 PM. Reason: Stuff
                      sigpic

Comment

For all those of you complaining about the loss of Auroras and ZPMs that we could've gotten, please go back to the final scenes of the battle and notice that by the time they would have been able to get the ships/ZPMs, they would have been toast. Just as the fleet of our guys was leaving in Hyperspace the entire planet was blowing up. Rodney + Ronon and crew barely made if off the planet in time. Also, even if you beamed people onto the Auroras, they'd still have to activate the Hyperdrive, lock in the coordinates, etc. before leaving. There wasn't enough time for it. I'm sure if they had expected a larger/longer battle they would have planned to take Auroras/ZPMs, but this was supposed to be a quick and fatal strike.

If you don't believe me, go re-watch the episode.

Spoiler:

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                        O’neill: Yes. Yes, it did.
                        Woolsey: What does that mean?
                        O’neill: Something exploded.
                        Thank god for common sense.

Proud supporter of Stargate: Avalon
                        and Stargate: Horizon
                        As well as s09119's Continuing SG-1

Supported Ships: Sheppard/Weir ~ Ronon/Keller ~ O'neill/Carter
                        Pro - All Seasons of Atlantis (Etchy on Season 4 though) and Pro - All Seasons of SG-1 plus the Stargate Movies
                        The Jury is still out on Destiny though...

Comment

I agree completely with the above post. There was not time to do so. Furthermore, all the ships were fully engaged in combat. When, exactly, would there be time to start beaming ZPMs onto the ships?

Keep in mind, they can't just say "Beam up the ZPMs" and magically know where they are exactly located. All the SGA personnel have subcutaneous transmitters that allow for quick beaming. In other cases, transmitters are placed on people so they can easily be beamed up. The same would have to be done with the ZPMs or people would have to physically go grab them and be beamed up with them.

Face it, it wasn't practical at all.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction View Post
                            yep, it ticked me off, city power went down, they could have beamed up a **** load of ZPMs

and all those empy ships that they could have beamed ATA crew on and emergancy flew those ships out with.

a lot of lost loot today...
                            They didn't have time! They would have been killed had they tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                              No it didn't make me mad they didn't get any loot.
                              First, the plan was to use the ZPM's the detonate the repi-blob. When that didn't work out, Mckay changed the repli-blob to sink into the planets crust. From the time that happened to the time the planet exploded was a very short amount of time. Looked like they basically had time to beam the team up and go into hyperspace.

As far the aurora class ships, when the replicators were being sucked down into the planet, it compromised the hulls of the ships, rendering them useless. The ships themselves were powerful, the shields were overwhelmed by a lot of darts and rail gun fire, draining their power. Similar to how the wraith defeated the Ancients in the first place.
                              I think you may be right about that but regardless the TPTB won't freely hand over a FLEET of Aurora class ships. Also i get that feeling that those repli-aurora ships weren't up to the standards of what the ancients built, i mean look at the travelers aurora ship, it survived the massive bombardment of (i'm assuming) drones and weapons fire from the enemy fleet and probably the friendly (most likely other energy weapons that miss) even though most of the fleet was pre-occupied with other incoming fire.

If you remember back to "Before I Sleep" the alternate-weir quoted
                              ALT-WEIR: The Atlanteans sent a delegation protected by their most powerful warships in the faint hope of negotiating a truce. One on one, the Atlantean ships were more powerful, but the Wraith were so many. After that great battle, it was only a matter of time.
                              YET we see in this episode the Asurans HAD ABOUT 30 or so aurora class ships against the incoming fleet of:
                              - 2 Asgard-enhanced Daedalues Class Ships --> Could take on say 6-8 Aurora Ships together, Maybe 3-4 One on One
                              - 1 Aurora Class Ship --> Maybe 2 Aurora Class Ship (Depends on if they run out of drones)
                              - 5 Travelers Ship (Smaller class) --> Most likely won't be able to stand one on one with an Aurora class ship but together MAYBE
                              - 7 Wraith Hive Ships --> Together could probably take on AT LEAST 2-4 aurora class ships

In ALL LOGIC the Asurans should have been able to put up a bigger battle and at least destroy more of our fleet! Because we didn't have the numbers they actually did, not only that where were the smaller or "Super" jumpers shouldn't they be in the air defending their own planet (i know if i was a council member i would either give the sign for retreat OR if there was not escape i will give the enemy one hell of a battle before i die, meaning sending ALL ships in battle)
                              My guess is that the Asurans once again underestimate us by not sending anymore ships to space to fight, they probably thought that they were going to win SINCE they had 30 or so Aurora class vessels.

Comment

I agree with most of the posts saying it was impossible to get the ships/zpms.

One other point is that when the Reps were attracted to THE BLOB they most likely punched a hole or two in the ship and it would be void of air in some key sections. Since they most likely have the same emergenicy proceedures as a Anciet Aurora. Also we targeted thier hyperdrives and destroyed them. So escaping with them would be impossible.

Comment

Working...
                                X