Weir's plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    If I remember rightly, RepliKeller said that the human part of Weir was able to exert an 'unhealthy amount of influence on other replicators'...
    She also said that Dr.Weir was killed for it. Which could mean that RepliWeir is a full Replicator. The original killed and a full replicator made with her memories and personality by the other replicators, much like the human clone on the twin city.

I'm not entirely sure that the Replicators that made the clones were working with the Replicators that followed Dr. Weir, even though they may or may not have the same/similar beliefs. Dr Keller believed that they had been found and everything lost. If they had RepliWeir to begin with, why go thru such an elaborate deception/experiment?
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Is it possible that RepliKeller was never killed by Oberoth's collective and instead Weir arranged this ruse to give over the Aurora data to Atlantis in order to destroy Oberoth, all the while making it seem legitimate enough?

Thier Aurora class ship was not part of the data that Atlantis had to track, so they might have possibly excluded it intentionaly. Their intent may have been to arrange the destruction of thier opponents to seek ascension. Weir did not want to reveal herself as she believed they would think her compromised, a prisoner etc and they would attempt to make her return while she believed this was her true place now. She also may be unstable due to nanite influence. These Asurans are clearly part of RepliKeller/Niem's faction as their ship was excluded from that data and they were not at the homeworld when it was destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
        I'm not entirely sure that the Replicators that made the clones were working with the Replicators that followed Dr. Weir, even though they may or may not have the same/similar beliefs. Dr Keller believed that they had been found and everything lost. If they had RepliWeir to begin with, why go thru such an elaborate deception/experiment?
        Because they still had to deal with Oberoth and the other 'aggressive' Replicators, which they couldn't destroy themselves. If Niam's group did 'steal' the real Weir away, they needed a way to destroy Oberoth without connecting to him--since he could rewrite their programming.

So this Weir develops the Atlantis we saw in TMC, and creates the clones to get them to unsuspectingly give the Lanteans the hard drive. She does this perhaps because she knows the Lanteans won't trust her directly, no matter what she does to convince them they're good--or, perhaps more plausibly, maybe her purposes aren't good (or, in my ever pro-weir mind, the replicators using her have turned her bad), and she doesn't want the Lanteans to know she's around.

By coming up with the elaborate plotline, developing the clones and getting them to get the hard drive to McKay, she gives Sheppard and the rest a 'trustworthy' method of obtaining that information--they'll believe an Elizabeth that is almost human, and who truly believes she's a clone--and now they have a way for Oberoth to be destroyed without revealing she and her faction of replicators are still out there.

What's one Atlantis and a city full of replicators, destroyed, to a batch of replicators, anyway? You can just build another.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Land010 View Post
          Is it possible that RepliKeller was never killed by Oberoth's collective and instead Weir arranged this ruse to give over the Aurora data to Atlantis in order to destroy Oberoth, all the while making it seem legitimate enough?
          Anything's possible. All we know is Dr. Weir is in this episode and she has one line. Then whammo. But why clone Dr. Weir if the Ascension-Replicators have the real Jack McCoy? Also, there was no way for her to know that they'd ally with the Wraith to stop the Asurans. In fact, she was probably riding against that course of action, given the events of Allies/No Man's Land, in which she personally witnessed.

Thier Aurora class ship was not part of the data that Atlantis had to track, so they might have possibly excluded it intentionaly. Their intent may have been to arrange the destruction of thier opponents to seek ascension. Weir did not want to reveal herself as she believed they would think her compromised, a prisoner etc and they would attempt to make her return while she believed this was her true place now. She also may be unstable due to nanite influence. These Asurans are clearly part of RepliKeller/Niem's faction as their ship was excluded from that data and they were not at the homeworld when it was destroyed.
          Where would they have gotten the Aurora from? Weir could have revealed herself at any time, but instead she chose to wait till the victors had all gone home to party. She definitely has ulterior motives, and if she's unstable due to nanite influence, then all the more reason to believe she has turned into a villain.

Keep in mind, we are all clueless as to what Dr Weir is up to. We'll find out in S.5.

Comment

Keep in mind, we are all clueless as to what Dr Weir is up to. We'll find out in S.5.
            We hope. We've not gotten a guarantee Torri will be back for Season 5. My hope is that all of the press (or lack thereof) has been something of a ruse, too, and that she was always planned to return for a nice story arc.

But I'm going to be on pins and needles until some kind of official announcement is made. If they leave her hanging like THAT--

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              Because they still had to deal with Oberoth and the other 'aggressive' Replicators, which they couldn't destroy themselves. If Niam's group did 'steal' the real Weir away, they needed a way to destroy Oberoth without connecting to him--since he could rewrite their programming.
              Like anyone else in the galaxy could? The Wraith were pretty much broken, low on queens, population stagnating, and their food sources depleting. The Lantians had two vessels which by regrouping would render them inoperable.

So this Weir develops the Atlantis we saw in TMC, and creates the clones to get them to unsuspectingly give the Lanteans the hard drive. She does this perhaps because she knows the Lanteans won't trust her directly, no matter what she does to convince them they're good--or, perhaps more plausibly, maybe her purposes aren't good (or, in my ever pro-weir mind, the replicators using her have turned her bad), and she doesn't want the Lanteans to know she's around.
              All part of an elaborate plan to give Atlantis something with the location of Oberoth's ships being tracked in real time? There's a lot of better ways to do that.

By coming up with the elaborate plotline, developing the clones and getting them to get the hard drive to McKay, she gives Sheppard and the rest a 'trustworthy' method of obtaining that information--they'll believe an Elizabeth that is almost human, and who truly believes she's a clone--and now they have a way for Oberoth to be destroyed without revealing she and her faction of replicators are still out there.
              Why create a city they know would be destroyed anyways, for the sole purpose of delivering a 10x14 tablet containing ship locations?

What's one Atlantis and a city full of replicators, destroyed, to a batch of replicators, anyway? You can just build another.
              Niam's group doesn't possess something that Oberoth's group possesses, lots of members, large amounts of supplies, and plenty of time. Something a small group of Asuran rebels wouldn't possess unless they were really interested in learning from Dr Weir about ascension and they just happened to have one.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm not saying I'm right. Everything we post here until otherwise stated is complete speculation.

Comment

I think Weir is just doing what she does... leading a team to destroy the Wraith. She no longer considers herself to be an Earthling, so she's assembled her own faction of beings to carry out her quest for ridding the galaxy of the Wraith.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Firstly I believe that this is the real Weir. No RepliWeir, no assimilated Weir, no alternate personality Weir. Stargate has always given the people in the main credits very powerful character shields. The writers don't seem to be able to just kill someone off and be done with it except if they are recurring.

I believe that Weir (being herself) will be working towards the defeat of the Wraith. I could easily see her willing to sacrifice all the Asurans (minus a few ascension seekers) because it was for the greater good for not just humans but the Asurans themselves. Weir's intel should have allowed her to know that the ships used in Pegasus could easily defeat an Aurora so they the expidition can take care of the Wraith and other situations that may occur, while can work with the Asurans, give them the humanity they need to ascend while working with them properly to stop the Wraith without creating a war of attrition.

sigpic

Comment

Like anyone else in the galaxy could? The Wraith were pretty much broken, low on queens, population stagnating, and their food sources depleting. The Lantians had two vessels which by regrouping would render them inoperable.
                    Going with the idea that the theory could be correct, then I'd probably assume they believed the Lantians had the best chance of destroying them. Elizabeth would know McKay could use the information to figure something out, and that the Wraith and Replicators were at war, giving the Lantians time to come up with a plan. Elizabeth wouldn't have known the method of attack, just that knowing the location of all the Replicator ships would give McKay and his team the advantage.

All part of an elaborate plan to give Atlantis something with the location of Oberoth's ships being tracked in real time? There's a lot of better ways to do that.
                    Going back to Progeny, the problem with the replicators is that if one survives, it can re-replicate and recreate everything lost. Giving McKay the hard drive could display where all the Replicators were in one shot. In that sense, it was probably the most valuable thing Atlantis could have been given.

Niam's group doesn't possess something that Oberoth's group possesses, lots of members, large amounts of supplies, and plenty of time. Something a small group of Asuran rebels wouldn't possess unless they were really interested in learning from Dr Weir about ascension and they just happened to have one.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm not saying I'm right. Everything we post here until otherwise stated is complete speculation.
                    True on both ends. We don't know the purpose yet, and I could be tilting at windmills about the events in TMC. That last line could mean anything. I just hope we do get the chance to see what it means.

Comment

what the heck , what is this with making all the characters who left the show evil ?
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Replicator Weir, Replicator Carter... too bad they will never meet and join forces .

I hope the rest of the storyline is turns out to not be the cliche type. once can only hope.

Comment

I think several of you have hit on some interesting ideas.

It would make more sense to me that Weir would want to destroy Oberoth so that she could work with the other remaining replicators towards their goals of ascending, and wiping out the wraith.

Also, keep in mind that all of the nanites had the anti-wraith code active, including the ones in Weir's head. Whether she was more strongly willed than the nanites is up to the writers of the show ultimately, but the evidence would suggest that the nanites won.

Also it is my belief that Weir does not want to be an enemy, if she wanted to kill humans, why wouldn't she have been helping Oberoth? He clearly wanted to do it. I think she'll be a tenative friend in the upcoming episodes.

Comment

I think there was a little hint in that last scene about Weir's plan. If you guys remember that women talking to Weir called the Asurans replicators which is interesting because these replicators call themselves Asurans not replicators. My guess is ascension is the goal of this group and as we all know to ascend a person must relieve all their burdens the biggest burden a replicator must have is the Wraith and maybe destroying the Wraith the right way unlike the way Oberoths group was doing it is their path to ascension. Also I do believe the 5th season is the final season of Atlantis and that scene was the start of the last major plot Atlantis will have my guess is we may not here much about this until maybe the second half of next season. I'm guessing there will be one last battle between earth and the Wraith and Weirs group will come and help earth defeat the Wraith which will allow them to Ascend fulfilling Niam's plan and probably giving the Weir character closure by giving Weir probably what she always wanted Ascension because if you remember throughout the series Weir would always talk about ascension with what seemed to be great interest and amazement. And also it would be real stupid if she is evil they already tried that on SG1.

Comment

I believe that Weir is still on our side. Furthermore for the sake of great plot twists I believe that those were flesh and blood Ancients with Elizabeth. Just think about it. Oberoth kills her and the Ancients ascend her only to descent her and some of themselves too to secretely help humanity and to destroy the Wraith. Think about it Morgan said that there were a few others who felt like her. I mean with helping us out and so on. Those could be them. By the way the ancients owe us for getting rid of the Ori. It would be to predictable and boring if they would turn out to be replicators. What do you guys think?

Comment

Here's my speculation. This is going to be the better ascended arc, much better than the Ori one. Think about it, the long running theme is that the ancients screw up and don't pay for their mistakes. The ancients have been living in a paradise while all the other races suffer because of their recklessness in leaving technology laying around.

Some other interstellar empire could have arisen and challenged the Go'uld if it wasn't for the stargates. The Asgard could have had found a solution to their genetic engineering if it weren't for Ancient technology laying around to create the Replicators. The Wraith could be challenged by another interstellar empire if it weren't for the gate system providing easy access to food. Leaving around these Replicators would be the mistake that brings them down.

And what I think is that Oberoth was an Ancient code to prevent the Asurans from seeking ascension. What other rational reason could there be? Why was Oberoth so concerned about letting Asurans do their own thing unless he was programmed to act against them? It could also explain his attack against Atlantis. It was to prevent tools of ascension from falling into the Replicators hands.

So what if Niam's faction still believed in ascension, but lied about his hostility towards the Ancients? The Ancients went to their creation and stated they were inferior. They were cast out of their creator's eyes. Anubis' goal was to ascend and create an army of hok'taurs to wipe out the ancients. This could be the Asuran's goal aswell. They want to take the Ancient down a notch and replace the Ancients. The Ori arc was a battle between ascended beings. This new arc could be a battle between the creator and the creation, a war between man and god. But in the case of the replicators, the devil and god. And I think to make room for new stories in the Stargate universe, god will fall and bring down heaven with him. The ascended plane will be destroyed in order to prevent the Replicators from obtaining ultimate power.

Of course, this is just speculation.

Comment

Working...
                                X