The Official Thread For Fran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    The perfect woman. You can program her to do anything you want... Anything.
    now that's what I call a good idea
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

We definitely have to have Fran come back in Season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Thanos View Post
        I'd think it would take a special set of conditions to cause them to consider reproducing her. They would be under constant fear she would go bad or something.

Too bad, she had me at "Hello" also.
        Props to Jerry Maguire maybe??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Props to Jerry Maguire maybe??
          Honestly I was going off someone else's post, but I do believe that was the origin of the quote.

Comment

I'm surprised Rodney didn't make her blond.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
              I'm surprised Rodney didn't make her blond.
              Probably had his fill during his trip to Geldar last season.

Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of you. There's just something so adorable about the character, almost childlike in nature, which makes her sacrifice all the more saddening. It'd be nice to see Fran again in the future, which is definitely a possibility given the continuation of the replicator threat.
              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
              - Serenity

Comment

I would love to see her again as well. She could definitely be a very interesting character. Much like Deta from Star Trek as someone said before. I really hope she comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                  Clothes are made of nanites so she was probably created from a blob to a fully clothed replicator.

Yet she was stunningly beautiful and her mind was seemingly so innoncent. Her story was short but tragic, just she didnt see it that way.
                  The human form replicators made of blocks from Stargate... um.... season 8 ... 2nd episode New Order, Part 2-- they are born naked. You are likely thinking of the scene in the end of the episode when 5th makes Repli-Carter and she is naked and covered with a clearish jelly like substance.

Perhaps her being naked was just for effect...

Comment

Originally posted by Kribby View Post
                    The human form replicators made of blocks from Stargate... um.... season 8 ... 2nd episode New Order, Part 2-- they are born naked. You are likely thinking of the scene in the end of the episode when 5th makes Repli-Carter and she is naked and covered with a clearish jelly like substance.

Perhaps her being naked was just for effect...
                    They're not the same sort of replicator though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
                      Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of you. There's just something so adorable about the character, almost childlike in nature, which makes her sacrifice all the more saddening.
                      (emphasis mine)

That's the word, adorable. I didn't think she was hot, but she was definitely cute and adorable. Completely innocent characters usually are. Going back to someone else's post, how long do you think it will be before Rodney will try to create a ZedPM (and something will go *horribly* wrong!)? Then Rodney will have to reactivate her to figure out how to shut it down before it destroys, oh, lets say the galaxy. Then F.R.AN. can sacrifice herself... again.

Sounds like a good episode to me

Comment

I liked Fran - I hope we see her again. She was one of the best parts of this episode.

As to the actress - she reminds me of Eliza Dushku, but with different colored eyes.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I liked Fran - I hope we see her again. She was one of the best parts of this episode.
                          As to the actress - she reminds me of Eliza Dushku, but with different colored eyes.
                          Yes she was good but the only reason is because 1 she is hot and 2 she never spoke more than a dozen lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                            Yes she was good but the only reason is because 1 she is hot and 2 she never spoke more than a dozen lines.
                            Well, those may be your reasons.

I liked her because I thought the actress was good and I enjoyed the interaction she had with Rodney. I'd like to see more of that.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Well, those may be your reasons.

I liked her because I thought the actress was good and I enjoyed the interaction she had with Rodney. I'd like to see more of that.
                              Seems fare

Comment

Yea I'm in agreement with the majority. FRAN really worked as a character in this episode and would definately fit in along side the scientist side of Atlantis. She can be a sub character much like Hermiod on the Daedeleus.

Yes!

Comment

Working...
                                X