This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    Thats what I didn't like it was such a waste of resources. We have beaming and senor tech for a reason why not beam every ZPM we could and then leave we had the time.
    The Asuran fleet was in our way
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Loved how Teyla, reluctantly told Sheppard about her pregnancy and how he reacted especially since she waited so long to tell him. Even better was Ronan's reaction and his sensitive support of her. Really showed the depth of their friendship.
      Yes, I loved that part of the episode...after the last episode it kind of seemed hard for them/producers to keep writing Teyla to wear clothing that could continue to hide her belly....so I was waiting for that! And I really loved the bonding with Ronan.........and Sheppard's reaction was understandable seeing what she could have done with a child on the way!

Amazinging episode overall for me...I loved it!!!! best this season for me so far!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        The Asuran fleet was in our way
        Then how did we beam rodney and company in and out?
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Anyone with screencaps?

Comment

Originally posted by McKayManiacs92 View Post
            Yes, I loved that part of the episode...after the last episode it kind of seemed hard for them/producers to keep writing Teyla to wear clothing that could continue to hide her belly....so I was waiting for that! And I really loved the bonding with Ronan.........and Sheppard's reaction was understandable seeing what she could have done with a child on the way!
            I think John is just looking out for Teyla & Teyla probably does not fully realize what she can get herself into. Especially since John has all of SG-1s history to go on I understand him being over protective like that.

Comment

Best episode of stargate i have ever seen. Be all my sins remember'd excellent.

Comment

i'm sooo excited to see this episode! i have one hour and 15 minutes to go. though i have to worry about my stupid cable company deciding to give a flash flood alert through the ep! (has had to hear so many already, and the flooding isn't even in my direct area. argh and more stressy argh)

*sam!*

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. The last two episodes have restored my love for Stargate Atlantis that seemed to waning this season. It was a great episode for action, I loved the character interaction (especially when Carter defended McKay and John/Ronan found out that Teyla was pregnant.) and I was very surprised by the ending.

**looks around and whispers - I even liked Carter this episode and I haven't liked her in a long time. She did what a leader would do and defended one of her members and supported Rodney.**

I hope that this keeps up and that the rest of the episodes this season as much as I enjoyed tonight's episode.

One question though, when did the replicators start making their ships out of the same material that they are made out of. I know that in First Strike a big deal was made out of the fact that the ships were made with regular materials and could be destroyed like any other ship. When Rodney's program began drawing the replicators from space it didn't just draw the people it also drew in the ships also. So did the replicators start making their ships from the same material they were made of?

Comment

Then how did we beam rodney and company in and out?
                    The transmitters that are inplanted in their bodies.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
                      I loved this episode. The last two episodes have restored my love for Stargate Atlantis that seemed to waning this season. It was a great episode for action, I loved the character interaction (especially when Carter defended McKay and John/Ronan found out that Teyla was pregnant.) and I was very surprised by the ending.

**looks around and whispers - I even liked Carter this episode and I haven't liked her in a long time. She did what a leader would do and defended one of her members and supported Rodney.**

I hope that this keeps up and that the rest of the episodes this season as much as I enjoyed tonight's episode.

One question though, when did the replicators start making their ships out of the same material that they are made out of. I know that in First Strike a big deal was made out of the fact that the ships were made with regular materials and could be destroyed like any other ship. When Rodney's program began drawing the replicators from space it didn't just draw the people it also drew in the ships also. So did the replicators start making their ships from the same material they were made of?
                      The ships stayed where they were. You could see them sitting there as they went into hyperspace as the planet blew up.

Comment

That still doesn't make any sense to me, Atlantis' deep space sensors can pick up wraith ships enroute to them when they are weeks away. How could the replicators not have detected that large of a fleet headed towards them?
                        That's an extremely good point which I missed. I don't think there is a single explanation that can account for this. Maybe hubris, again, but that's really a stretch for Replicators so well known for their ability to quickly adapt.

If Atlantis could track Wraith hives inbound to the city with with weeks of advanced warning using Alteran technology, how could Asurans not manage to do the same while in a state of war?

It seems that the SGA writers are having continuity issues. By making the show's stories rely on technical details as plot elements, they have imposed limitations on what they can do. To tell a good story, it seems that they have to break from the previously-established rules of the Pegasus galaxy. It's really rather disheartening.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                          OMG, Caldwell and Daedalus leading the armada....holy *****
                          You took the words right out of my mouth, and their first battle together with the new upgrades... Oh man was i having a joygazum..

Originally posted by lazarus2405 View Post
                          May I be the first to say, FRAN is undeniably hot.
                          Not reall, but i would never kick her out of my bed..

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                          Holy "lots of things going on in this episode" batman.
                          Teaming up with the wraith, the travelers, and creating their own human form replicator, and Teyla finally revealing her pregnancy.

Shepards reaction to Teyla's pregnancy was quite abrupt, "You are releaved from active duty!" But I totally loved that ronon was there to console her, and held her hand as they walked to the infirmary, awww!
                          The way she did it, left me wondering just why she held off.. And Sheps reaction, imo was wayyyyyyy over the top..

Couple of things though, the replicators must have detected that huge fleet headed towards them, why did they not raise shields allowing mckay and crew to beam into the city to complete their mission?
                          Plot hole... WE know they have the same sensors or better as we do on Atlantis, and unlike us, they have more than enough power to operate them at their fullest... AS to the beam blocking, who knows, maybe they cannot block it as they have never intergrated that type of tech into themselves..

And finally the ending, holy crap, is Weir goinig to be an enemy now?
                          Who knows, but i do wonder what she was saying with the "now we can get to work" statement..

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                          figures mckay will make a sexy weapon
                          I am actually surprised he did not make her sexier.. All the women he has 'fixated on' were a lot bustier than she was...

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                          the battle got better as it went on.
                          That it did, though i wonder what happened with most of those drones Shep fired at that one 'escaping' replicator ship.. A good chunk of them seemed to explode well before they hit anything..

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
                          ...and we didn't get stabbed in the back!
                          Perhaps that is later to come.. OR perhaps this wraith finally has realised showing honor towards us will be in their best interest..

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                          I'd love it if the replicators were Niam supporters.
                          I have a feeling they just might be.. Either that or yet another off shot of the main group..
                          Heck they coudl even be an off shot that wier caused.

Originally posted by loondoggy View Post
                          Oh and by the way the aurora's were very dissapointing against the asgard weapons. I expected a bit more from them.
                          I will give you that, though maybe that is cause those first few ships we destroyed did not have shields up yet.. Remember how quickly the orion fell..?

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
                          -Apparently replicator ships don't have shields? I mean, these were the ancients they're imitating. Didn't seem like the technology was on par, however.
                          Early on, i would agree, but the longer it went, the more we saw shields come into play...

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                          Fran! "Hello." Line of the episode.
                          I agree. That line alone deserves the props for how funny it was..

Teyla's pregnancy is in the open and the crew's reactions were realistic and dead on. John was concerned and Ronon was sympathetic, a great move out of his usual tough guy bit.
                          Concerned is one thing, how he fliped out on her was way out of line imo.. BUT ronon;s congrats was very nice..

I LOVED Larrin's return ("Sheppard that better not be you!" "Sheppard what the hell are you doing here?" "Larrin what the hell are you doing here?"), and their subplot is actually moving forward at a great rate
                          Who would have thought they were going to be in this.. I loved her reaction o him and you could almost see the 'oh no' look on sheps face..

McKay and Zelenka are still completely awesome, and the "dry spell" was hilarious
                          Yes that was very good of them 2.. But it did make me think.. Rodney has done miraculus things in the past, but when his ass was not on the line it seemed he flunked out... Until now.

The battle: Forget BSG, SG:A has the best battles on TV. That was just...wow. The panning camera, the detail, and the overall epicness of it was perfect.
                          I actually felt it was not long enough..

6/5 stars, best episode of the best season of the show. Bring on Spoils of War!
                          That makes me think the spoils might have something to do with the now unoccupied auroras of the replicators..
                          If any survived the explosion..

Quite simply the best special effects we have ever seen on this show.
                          Very true, but it was a little too much in one instance.. Nearly every other time we have seen the jumper fly over water to Atlantis, i at least felt it looked real enough.. Tonights when they were returning it looked way to cartonny for me.

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                          Really loved Carter putting Ellis in his place even though Ellis was right.
                          That was very good to see, and i do agree, Ellis was right. BUT at least in the end he had enough gumption to give credit to Mccay when he finally proved right.

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                          I really liked how they didn't get into the whole moral argument about using Fran as a weapon since Fran shut the argument down by saying she was fulfilling her purpose.
                          I felt they might get into that, especially as Mccay even started to seemed like he was questioning it, just before they went into battle... But even the real reps were still just performing their purpose...

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                          More importantly to me is that the Atlantis team managed not to actually stab any of their "allies" in the back!! Yay!!!
                          That is very true.. we did not. Heck it left it open for the travellers to return..

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                          First thoughts:
                          Funny to see Caldwell more supportive of Atlantis than Ellis. But Caldwell has seen the team in action. What's with Ellis, anyway?
                          Maybe as the new kid on the block he feels he needs to stand up and be a man... And i do agree, Cadwell was great showing his unyielding support for the team.

Yay, Radek!
                          Agreed. I did not get enough of him this ep.

OK, now we don't have to worry about feeding that Wraith anymore.
                          True dat.. But i wonder if he has fed since Millers crossing.

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                          but this episode completely changed that, like Sheppard said "All is right with the universe"
                          As Austin Powers would say "HE got his mojo back".

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                          * Wraith humor - love that guy. Sorry to see him go.
                          I actually did not think he was being humorous.. But i do agree, it is sad to see him go.

* the team (minus McKay) getting stunned by the drones out of a need for privacy. Sheppard does unconscious so well (oops, wrong thread). And needing to stun Ronon several times so he didn't wake up first!
                          Agreed. And it shows just how much "tod" respects him to not only wake him BUT give him back his gun..

* Wraith info: some hives are without queens (is that why a male was running the hive in Sateda?) and the queens are needed to create the soldiers. Now I'm really looking forward to next week.
                          That was one heck of a revelation.. How do the queens make the soldiers though? Is it like bees and ants?

* seeing everyone around the conference table and then the fleet together - Wraith, Lantians, Travelers, Tauri - what an alliance
                          ALmost beats the Asgard, Nox, Furlings and Atlanteans in their alliance..

* the complete annihilation of the replicators...
                          Part of me hopes some were elsewhere so at least they are not fully gone.

And how the hell did she manage to stay hidden during that battle? And why weren't her nanites affected by Rodney's weapon? And... oh never mind.!
                          I am thinking they showed up AFTER the planet blew up...

Even though Carter should stick to adminstartion, you can't but help but love the technobable between Carter and McKay.
                          Not only was it good, but it actually showed how much each other gells with one another.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          I would have liked to have seen a more interaction with the wraith.
                          Agreed. WE could have done with a few minutes or so more..

Originally posted by jayphat99 View Post
                          Honestly, i loved the episode as a whole BUT, when int eh name of God are we gonna learn to keep ahold of a friggin aurora class warship?
                          They probabily did not have time to grab any..

I didn't like this episode that much for the reason that the Replicator ships sucked. They were so weak its not even funny. Wraith Darts were blowing them up for goodness sake. What was that about? And we only lost one ship to that fleet. I'm sorry but that was bull $HIT. This one thing bugged me more then anything they made them so weak. Also where were the drones from the planet. I'm sorry but we should have lost several ships to the Replicators not just one Travlers ship.
                          I am agreeing with you there that it was very funny that we were pawning them so easily and only lost the one traveler ship and what (to me) looked like 2 wraith ships, but that did not lessen the greatness of the ep to me.

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                          UN-FREAKING BELIEVEABLE!

This episode alone almost makes up for a lot of bad episodes. The only real nitpick I have, it went by way too fast. They should have made this a two hour special. There was plenty of material that they could have delved into more. No doubt about it, this certainly should have been a two hour special. I actually caught myself saying holy crap several times.
                          I agree. This could have easily been made into a 2 hr special mid season ep.. They could have done with more on the whole wraith coming into the situation, the travelers, heck even with Mccay and Fran..

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                          Are the Wraith going to turn on Atlantis? Oh yea, they know now that Atlantis is an even bigger threat with their new weapons.
                          That is actually a very good question.. Now with the asurans supposedly gone, will the wraith come at us full force?

When Rodney's program began drawing the replicators from space it didn't just draw the people it also drew in the ships also. So did the replicators start making their ships from the same material they were made of?
                          No it did not. If you watch closely enough you see all those Auroras still there just before the planet went BOOM!

Comment

The transmitters that are inplanted in their bodies.
                            But their was a black out in the city so they had no shields to prevent the 304's from scanning and then beaming up all of the ZPM's other then the TPTB not wanting us to get to strong also McKay knew where they all were as he at the main power station
                            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            So whats the worst that could happen?
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Hmmm...I enjoyed bits and pieces of the episode, but I have to say the last 30 seconds made it for me. I enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I would, though I'm disappointed we won't follow it up in Season 4 anymore.

I really liked the 'Rodney off his game' joke, and the Teyla revelation--especially John and Ronan's reactions--it was nice to see Ronan take the sympathetic, accepting side and John be the caveman a**.

Also nice to see Carter actively involved and helping McKay solve things.

But the last 30 seconds--jeez, that changed the tide of the whole episode for me. Now I'm intrigued, and frankly, all the speculation about whether Torri is returning needs to be answered! That wasn't just left 'open', that was the set up of a story arc that I hope they follow through with! Even just on the early reviews and responses, we've seen that people can't tell whether she was good, bad, real, repli!Weir, what. I want to know where it goes and how the Atlantis team will deal with it.
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I don't think it had to do with the materials so much as it had to do with how the ships were made. The replicators make things with certain programming encoded into every cell. Fran uploaded a sort of magnet program that called every cell with that programming within viable range to her side. That's why the ships broke apart and got sucked to the planet.
                                They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                                Spoiler:
                                Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X