This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Really? I haven't read that. Where are Sky's episode descriptions? Whenever I go to their site, I never find anything!
    Ah, not their normal site, that's terrible.

It's this one: their online programming schedule.

I think it's actually just for TV guide writers and whatever, but it got out somehow... It's pretty handy.

The descriptions normally get put on the Gateworld episode guide, too, though.

Comment

Originally posted by General Burro View Post
      fran was insanly hot and very willing to help. i hate mckay more cuz he let her die. MAKE ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!

best ep ever. even better than my fave sg1 eps. DAMN FRAN WAS HOT
      If i would have an android like that i would never get out of the house.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
        If i would have an android like that i would never get out of the house.
        if only
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I watched this episode in an odd way; last week I missed all but the final ten minutes. And I liked and was excited by those ten minutes, so I watched the full episode this week. Unfortunately I have been disappointed by this season--for the most part--and was especially disappointed in TMC. But this episode was OK. I still think the final ten minutes were the best, with the space battle and especially the dramatic and exciting reveal of Weir.

I would have been more pleased with the episode if Larrin was not present. The concept of the Travelers is cool, but I really, really dislike her character and the juvenile sexual humor between her and Sheppard. Instead of Larrin, I wish they had more scenes with Fran, perhaps the one where she asks McKay and Zelenka for a name. I wanted to learn more about her, and it would have been more interesting to debate the ethical dilema of sending a self-aware computer program to it's death than see Larrin parade around a tied-up Sheppard.

The scene where Teyla reveals her pregnancy was well done, I thought, though I wish McKay had been present, or that we had seen a later scene where he learned of it.

I liked the interaction with Todd. He seemed more like the slippery enemy/ally in Common Ground then in the previous episodes.

Carter should have stepped in sooner during the argument between Ellis and McKay. I supervise a very small staff and if they started arguing like that during a meeting, I would immediately step in and try to shut it down. I would also do the same if someone from another department started to attack one of my staff. Carter allowed the situation to escalate too far. Maybe the writers were trying to show her making a rookie mistake. I also wonder at the wisdom of having her, along with so many other high ranking Atlantis personnel, take part in the attack on the replicator homeworld. If they were wiped out--well, there goes an awful lot of high ranking people.

The reveal of Weir at the end is what really made the episode for me. It's not often a reveal is such a surprise, and one with so many possibilities. It actually made me excited, which is how I'd like to feel about Atlantis.

Comment

I loved this eps - my favourite of season 4. Unfortunately, I had read a spoiler so I knew Weir was going to put in an appearance; a shame as the surprise would have been great. I loved Ronon - he's just getting better and better. I loved that he congratulates Teyla and that he's such a good friend. I don't like Larin at all; she survived the battle, pity about that. Wish they'd left her out and shown more of Fran and have more of the whole ethical thing.
            Nice to see Caldwell again.
            I was so anti Carter being in command but I have to confess she's growing on me. I thought she would be the insufferable know it all, but she's hardly interfered in Rodney's domain at all. And she's showing more leadership skills than she did in SG-1.
            Loved the "colonel; colonel; colonel " thing. Very funny.

Great eps, tptb - more of the same please.

Comment

this episode is definitely a lot better than the earlier 10 episodes. Not because that it features a fantastic armada, LOL but because how they manage to get rid *most* of the Pegasus Galaxy-Replicators. The cast performed brilliantly in this episode! Carter telling Everett off not to speak to McKay in such ill-manner was fantastic! 9/10

I didn't read the spoilers so, did not expect Weir in that sexy hot outfit of hers to appear!

Comment

There were so many WOW! moments in this episode and even though I don't usually pay much attention to special effects, I found myself geeking out throughout. The first WOW! moment was seeing the Daedalus and the Apollo drop out of hyperspace together for the first time and the wowiness continued through watching the team's tiny puddlejumper navigate through 7 hives ships and almost get hit by the huge Travelers ship coming out of hyperspace, the various armada scenes and of course the space battle. WOW! just WOW!

And, as great as the special effects were the character moments were just as strong. Each scene was used to full effect, beginning with that tense and ultimately tragic attempt to evacuate a planet in the destructive path of the Replicators. That scene reinforced how high the stakes were in this battle and also illustrated Atlantis' reliance on Teyla's contacts and diplomacy to gain the trust of the people in need of evacuation. It also foreshadowed Teyla's pregnancy reveal.

This was the best Sam episode so far because for the first time this season, I saw all aspects of Sam in one episode (Leader Sam/Science Sam and Military Sam). And, the best part is that this was done in such a way that it didn't overpower the episode or the other characters. She had a lot of great scenes, but I especially enjoyed her science geek out scenes with Rodney and her, and Caldwell's, awe when they saw the armada for the first time. Seeing these two battle-tested vets almost wide-eyed in wonder added to the WOW! factor of that scene.

Loved seeing Caldwell and Ellis at the same time and I enjoyed contrasting their reactions during Rodney's long-winded briefing. Caldwell's used to Rodney and although he was impatient and bored, he trusted that Rodney would once again pull off an improbable, but successful solution. Ellis, on the other hand, didn't know Rodney that well and what he knew he didn't particularly like so he didn't hesitate to call Rodney on his stalling tactics. Rodney's need to compensate for his dry spell put him on a collision course with Ellis' low threshold for BS and that made for an interesting briefing. I wouldn't mind seeing these two in an episode where they have to depend on each other to survive. Can you just feel the love?

And speaking of Rodney's dry spell, I was amused by how Zelenka kept referencing it in an effort to get Rodney back on track and I kept flashing back to his (Zelenka's) "losing the will to live" comment in Miller's Crossing. I would imagine that dealing with dryspell-Rodney is much worse than usual Rodney so he was willing to do whatever necessary to break that dry-spell.

Todd continues to be a delight, which is a pleasant surprise because I was worried that the more we saw him the less I would enjoy him. Perhaps during the Rodney/Ellis bonding episode, we could have Ronon/Todd bonding too. Yep, I can feel the love.

Teyla's pregnancy reveal was very well done with just the right amount of angst to have reprecussions beyond this episode (I hope). Sheppard's reaction was harsh, but understandable and Ronon's support was just the balm that Teyla needed after the tense standoff with Sheppard.

FRAN was a pleasant surprise. She made a huge impression and I wouldn't mind seeing some version of her again.

And, just when I thought the episode was over and that the drama had ended - there was Elizabeth. Another WOW! moment. Bring on Season 5!
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

...so the point of increasing the nanites' attraction was to pull them from all across Asuras and orbit into a single superdense 'blob' and implode it. That's cool. What about the 6/7 ships that were blown up lightyears away and their replicators? Sure, space'll weaken them but not destroy them and all some Wraith idiot scientist has to do it pick one up in order to 'change its base code' [ugh] to destroy Atlantis and this whole things starts all over again.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

There's a HD version out (720p) that's great for watching.
                    Apart for being my favourite episode this season, it's got the best SFX so watching it HD is a treat!

Give it a try
                    sigpic
                    Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                      Well what to we have here?

1. "Sam, we're geniuses!" Glad to be reminded of it!

2. Elis, OK McKay was being a moron during the meet, but technically Sam was right in saying that he crossed the line.

3. Fran, Rodney, you nutcase!

4. Larrin still came accross as slightly arrogant but liked her better here.

5. The Wraith. INteresting manouvers here.

6. Destruction of Asuras rocked!

7. Teyla reveal, meh, could get interesting if she and Ronan wind up going rogue!

8. Was NOT expecting Weir particularly as I don't think Torri wants to do S5 last I checked!

Seriously good ep, in the mixer for best of the season, where do they go from here?
                      What exactly do you mean by nutcase?

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                        Bring on Season 5!
                        But first the Michael eps, and Midway!

They can skip the others, I think...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Good episode, but hasn't someone already done a TV show about a nani named Fran?

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                            Good episode, but hasn't someone already done a TV show about a nani named Fran?
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

lol good call!
                              VL2DY4 - Why drink and drive when you can boost and slide...

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                                There's a HD version out (720p) that's great for watching.
                                Apart for being my favourite episode this season, it's got the best SFX so watching it HD is a treat!

Give it a try
                                Yes seeing that Armada in HD on my TV Display is gorgeous

Comment

Working...
                                X