This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I think the missing Athosians is a factor too. She is determined to find them. If she revealed her pregnancy she wouldn't be able to search for them anymore.
    I think that is exactly it. She is looking for the baby's daddy. And all the rest of her people. That and it is possible she sees pregnancy differently. I think the stun took care of that though.

There's no telling what the Athosians consider safe for pregnant women. I still doubt it's going into harms way if it can be avoided. But Teyla might not feel it can be avoided for the above stated reasons.

I hope they don't truncate the Athosian story too much. I'd love to see more of them trying to find her people.
    Spoiler:
    I have a nasty suspicion about where they are...

Poor Teyla. What a hard road. Gotta love Ronon. What a friend.

That being said, I also see Shep's point of view. Coming off a mission - post-adrenalin rush - was not a good time spring that on him. What a nasty shock. At least Ronon noticed she and might have had an inkling something was up.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      Ever since S1, Teyla was the voice of reason and the most responsible character on the lead team. Putting her child's life on the line like that just doesn't sound like her.

You know, that is a strange character change out..

Comment

Watched this for the second time yesterday but this time on the widescreen. Blinkin' flip! Very good episode.

Something for everyone here. I loved it. Plenty of action, great character moments (I'm really enjoying the Shep and Larrin interaction), fast paced story telling and great sfx.

I have to say I was rather doubtful about Sam joining the show but she's surprised me. I think she's doing a good job....and the ending....waaaah! What is Elizabeth (whichever version she is) up to?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
          Watched this for the second time yesterday but this time on the widescreen. Blinkin' flip! Very good episode.

Something for everyone here. I loved it. Plenty of action, great character moments (I'm really enjoying the Shep and Larrin interaction), fast paced story telling and great sfx.

I have to say I was rather doubtful about Sam joining the show but she's surprised me. I think she's doing a good job....and the ending....waaaah! What is Elizabeth (whichever version she is) up to?!!

Blinkin' flip? You have such a way with words, Eli! But I love it!

I watched on HD last night on Sky One, and I just want to say, WOW!

The space battle in 40 inches of HD was incredible. I just sat there in awe. I can't believe how the vis effects team pulled off anything so ambitious and complicated with the relatively small budget at hand. Another bit which looked really good was when Sheppard's PJ narrowly avoided hitting Larrin's ship. The detail of the markings on the ship in HD was wonderful and I got a real sense of velocity when watching the PJ skimming over the ship!

I agree about Sam. I've always liked her very much, and been sort of indifferent to Weir, but nonetheless I was a little wary here. I mean it was a really big change, and often the unknown is unsettling and concerning. Yet, I've been delighted with how things have proceeded with her; she's settled into command well and has now not only confirmed she's a good leader, but we're seeing more of the old Sam shining through too. It's a difficult balance, because people do change when they're in a position of authority, and it's inevitable they're not going to be the same as they once were in certain aspects, but I personally am really thrilled by her addition to the show. The writers have really done well here, as has AT.

A really fantastic episode, IMO, and a great way to start the back half of season 4.

What is Elizabeth up to? Hmmm, I just don't know! I'm hoping she's a baddie.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            The space battle in 40 inches of HD was incredible. I just sat there in awe. I can't believe how the vis effects team pulled off anything so ambitious and complicated with the relatively small budget at hand. Another bit which looked really good was when Sheppard's PJ narrowly avoided hitting Larrin's ship. The detail of the markings on the ship in HD was wonderful and I got a real sense of velocity when watching the PJ skimming over the ship!

... I hate you...

But, yeah, that battle was ridiculously spectacular (even in normal-vision ). I was saying something when the fleet came out of hyperspace over Asuras, and just... kind of... slowed... dow... n... It was amazing, and I loved the team's Jumper rendezvousing (is that a word?) with the Wraith fleet, too - another great shot. And then the Jumper dodging the Traveler ship, too.
            The effects guys really surpassed themselves.

It was probably Carter's best episode so far, too. She was much more... well, Carter... than previously, aside from Tabula Rasa. Her dressing down of Ellis was great, and I liked that she was finally talking science, and actually helping to come up with the solution.

The scene with Teyla revealing she's pregnant was really good. Ronon was just great, and John's reaction was understandable and in-character IMO. I saw it as just being because he cares about her, and felt disappointed/betrayed that she couldn't tell them.

Some very funny scenes in there, too: the Colonels greeting each other ("What, seriously?"), McKay and Todd ("Did I ever tell you about...?" "Yes. You have."), and "Take it as a compliment. They were afraid of you."

And I can totally understand TPTB being so secretive about Weir... Interesting to see where this goes.

10/10 - I need another viewing, but it could well be my favourite episode...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Well, she did say that Athosian women are active throughout their pregnency. Perhaps on this issue her definition of "reponsible" is different from ours.
              Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I think the missing Athosians is a factor too. She is determined to find them. If she revealed her pregnancy she wouldn't be able to search for them anymore.
              My definition of "responsible" is "gives her child a chance to be born in good health". There is a very clear line between "active" and "reckless". I have nothing against women being active during pregnancy, but I have something against women being stupid during pregnancy. And don't try to argue with me over that one. I've got first hand experience with it

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                Blinkin' flip? You have such a way with words, Eli! But I love it!

I watched on HD last night on Sky One, and I just want to say, WOW!

I agree about Sam. I've always liked her very much, and been sort of indifferent to Weir, but nonetheless I was a little wary here. I mean it was a really big change, and often the unknown is unsettling and concerning. Yet, I've been delighted with how things have proceeded with her; she's settled into command well and has now not only confirmed she's a good leader, but we're seeing more of the old Sam shining through too. It's a difficult balance, because people do change when they're in a position of authority, and it's inevitable they're not going to be the same as they once were in certain aspects, but I personally am really thrilled by her addition to the show. The writers have really done well here, as has AT.

A really fantastic episode, IMO, and a great way to start the back half of season 4.

What is Elizabeth up to? Hmmm, I just don't know! I'm hoping she's a baddie.

I saw it in HD as well but the difference between you and me is that I still have my pants on

Comment

One thing i couldnt get out of my mind when I was trying to sleep was why didnt the team grab a couple of those ZPMs for Atlantis when they knew that they werent going to blow up because of the blackout. Its not like the planet needed any more energy to blow up. LOL. And Weir... I was so happy yet nervous to see her face again. You think the nanites are in control of her like brainwashed, or another clone?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Except the Serenity-one was ten times better than this one.
                    Falc, can you PM me a link to the Serenity battle? If it is "ten times better" than the BAMSR one then it must be totally amazing, would love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by stgibbs View Post
                      One thing i couldnt get out of my mind when I was trying to sleep was why didnt the team grab a couple of those ZPMs for Atlantis when they knew that they werent going to blow up because of the blackout. Its not like the planet needed any more energy to blow up. LOL. And Weir... I was so happy yet nervous to see her face again. You think the nanites are in control of her like brainwashed, or another clone?
                      Because the CGI was more important! Spent so much money on that, no more dinero to shoot a couple ZPM scenes!

Comment

In regards to Teyla's pregnancy, I'm sure it's rather difficult to work that topic into a conversation. And in the Pegasus Galaxy, or with Athosians, pregnancy doesn't appear to be a deterrent (unless it makes you ill, and she does seem to suffer some queasiness) to doing your job.

Although she reports to Sheppard, she's not US military. In that respect, I guess Dr. Keller didn't have to inform Sheppard of her condition, otherwise, she'd be derelict in her duties.Carter didn't seem to care one way or the other. Sheppard had the strongest reaction, seeing as he felt perhaps betrayed(?) that Teyla hadn't confided in him and kept her condition hidden. He's also acting as a military officer would as in the US military, to my knowledge, you become pregnant, you're off any kind of duty that might jeopardize an unborn baby.

I also wonder if Teyla hesitated in mentioning this news because she realized John might react just as he did, and she doesn't want to be pulled off the frontlines. She wants to find Kanan, the father of her baby.

Comment

I think the main reason why I prefer the space battles from SWIII, Serenity, even BSG's Exodus over BAMSR was because I felt like I was actually involved in the battle. The camera would twist and turn and plunge the viewer in between ships in SW and Serenity or launch with the vipers in BSG or turn up to watch BSG plummet toward NC mimicking the viewpoint of someone on the planet.

You're also in the thick of the fight with BAMSR, but it feels more like being in a protective bubble watching everyone else instead of mimicking the action of fighting. So my emotional response to that scene was minimized compared to the battle scenes of those other movies/series.

Comment

did anyone else bothered by Sheppard telling teyla to just "shake it off"

now i know he didn't know about her pregency but still i felt it was kinda rude
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              did anyone else bothered by Sheppard telling teyla to just "shake it off"

now i know he didn't know about her pregency but still i felt it was kinda rude
                              Not me. Actually, I thought it was a rather interesting comment - he treated her just like he would anyone else under his command.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                Not me. Actually, I thought it was a rather interesting comment - he treated her just like he would anyone else under his command.
                                yeah i know but he just said it and walked away ....like it was nothing

it just stuck out to me
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X