This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FANTASTIC EPISODE!! 10/10
    I'm not only talking about the space battle . But the plot!! What a plot!!!
    Congrats to Martin for this awesome-tastic piece of art.

My favorite parts:
    -The intergalactic cooperation Wraith/Travelers/ Earth = huge kick ass space battle that make me wish I had a HD screen TV.
    -Rodney creating his own replicator, the hot Fran. Can we have more Fran??!!
    -Compressing the replicators to make them implode. Sheer genius!
    -Teyla revealing her pregnancy and Sheppard taking her off the team. Oh!!!
    -Ronon knowing about Kanan (I was speechless). Ronon is acting so sweet. That's a nice touch.
    -Ellis saying "Son of a *****, he actually did it" about Rodney. ( I am so proud of Rodney!)
    -Rodney/Radek banter. (More scenes please... those two are gold!)
    -Sam/Rodney sharing smiles of technobabble. (That's the Carter/McKay I love!)
    -Asura exploding... the explosion looked a bit weird but still cool.

I think it was the best episode ever. It included everything fans love. A great plot. Mortal enemies as allies. A big space battle. A new scientific crazy approach. Hot aliens/robots women. Romance and suspence (Well, I'm talking about the Teyla/Kanan storyline. And on a less romantic level Rodney realising that Fran was going to die. The look on Rodney's face made me want to cry. Now I'm waiting for Rodney to create another repli-Fran) And a killer cliffhanger of course.... repli-Weir is alive and kicking. What is she up to?

Sam was awesome! She finally gets more air time and interacts as a scientist with Rodney.

Great lines:
    - when Ellis and Caldwell beam together in Atlantis"and greet everyone "Colonel" Colonel" Colonel" Colonel" Colonels." Rodney : "Seriously!

-I loved when Sam told Ellis off after his harsh words to McKay.

-McKay is back!! (from Radek)

-and finally Rodney's: Sam we are geniuses!! (Favorite line!)

About, Good or Evil Weir??
    AHAHHHHHH

I don't think she is evil. I thought like repli-Keller her goal was to discover the secret of ascension.
    Last edited by Leliana McKay; 05 January 2008, 02:35 AM.

Comment

WOW! Great ep! I pretty much loved everything about it. I don't know where to begin. I loved Carter putting Ellis in his place. And even though they over use that joke with all the doctors and colonels addressing each other by title, I still thought it was great and McKay's reaction was hilarious. Oh and the scene with Rodney and the wraith was great when McKay was like "Did I ever tell you..." and the way the wraith responded was classic. "Yes you have." I wished they showed more of the space battle, but what they showed was great. Seeing two Earth ships together gave me a good feeling. Caldwell's return was awesome, I hope he and Ellis appear a few more times this season. And finally THE ENDING!!!!! Wow that was awesome, but If I remember correctly, Torri is only supposed to be in four eps this seasons (Adrift, Lifeline, TMC, and BAMSR) so now we have to wait for S5 or later to find out what she's up to and if she's the real Weir or another copy. UGH I want to know now! Any way great ep, 9/10 overall!

Perfecto!

Comment

I didn't manage to catch the show. But who was the lucky guy who managed to [rub one off] in Teyla?
        Last edited by randy23; 04 January 2008, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Great episode one of the best SG episodes. Reminded me of the Jaffa/Earth/Lucian Alliance/Tok'ra/Asgard (lol) alliance from Camelot.

Obviously this episode had some plot holes; Asuran (I wish they would have kept calling them Asurans.) sensors not detecting the coalition fleet, no drones from surface, why are Asgard beam weapons ripping through Asuran shields so easily, Asuran ships didn't seem to be firing drones in this episode or Lifeline. Also prob a few other smaller ones. I think that alot of these need explaining. Do the new Asgard weapons derive knowledge they gained from the repository of the Ancients? Are Asurans unable to reproduce the same level of technology the Ancients were?

At first I shrugged off the Sensor thing by saying, the Wraith have to make pit stops because their hyper-drive isn't that advanced and Atlantis would pick them up when they would drop out, and that the fleet just entered hyperspace beyond sensor range. Then I remembered that there are 7 Hive ships with us so I dunno.

I dunno I want an explanation on alot of things that happened in SG1 and SGA. But all around amazing episode. 10/10

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
            (I wish they would have kept calling them Asurans.)
            They never actually called them Asurans in the show ever, not once. They are from Asuras, yes so they could be called Asurans, but the characters always called them replicators ever since they found out they were replicators in "Progeny", so I will always call them replicators or Pegasus repilicators until they're called otherwise in the show.

Perfecto!

Comment

For a halfway point marker comeback; this was a pleasant surprise. "Sins" gave this synergy that was close to the battle above the Antarctic. Plus the involvement of hunters & wraith felt like a family get together; no one really wants to come, but it might be fun.

But on another note, it even raised alot of high marks. Going to show how close the Atlantis team has actually become. From interaction with others; and even taking a stance for one another. Of course the briefing; to Tayla's confesison; and Rodney's strength, as well as Sam's respect for her new family. There is so much evolving in this series; it is definitely heartfelt and compelling enough to keep you coming back for more.

I am very hopeful that this season will definitely push a mark over what they were capable of last time. And this ep shows; speed; stamina; and a balance can be made in a critical point in a show like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mekarri View Post
                So she is pregnant, so what? if you are not the father you don't even get a voice in what I do? Don't treat me like I'm your responsibility. She was taking care herself and her people before he came along and if it wasn't for John and the Atlantis team everyone wouldn't be getting slaughter. She would have to fight the wraith pregnant if he (John) wasn't around . She has every right to fight until she become a liability.
                She is his responsibility. She's under his command. He's the one who sends her into combat situations and if she miscarried because of an injury she received while off-world with the team, it would be his fault. Plus, she sprung it on him after she had just been stunned while in a Wraith hive ship because of an alliance with a Wraith that he set up. He had every right to be a little peeved.

Before the Atlanteans, the Athosians didn't resist the Wraith on anything near the level Teyla does now. We discovered in the pilot that they'd abandoned the ruins of their great cities and were afraid to enter them. Teyla doesn't say that pregnant Athosian women fight. She says that they remain active in the community. The Athosians are/were farmers and traders. There's a marked difference between working in the fields and walking into a situation where it's likely that you'll be shot or tortured or trapped in a structually unsound Ancient ruin. It's just not a good idea.

Plus, once she begins to show people are going to begin treating her differently, whether she wants them to or not. And it would be a shame to see some poor Marine killed while chivalrously trying to protect Teyla's unborn child.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of Shep's reaction was a typical big brother-ish, "You went out and got yourself knocked up? Wow, that was smart. What were you thinking!?!"
                Last edited by starfox; 04 January 2008, 11:14 PM.
                They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                Spoiler:
                Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

10/10!! That was just effin' awesome. Especially the space battle (in HD). The whole episode had me on the edge of my couch. The last scene though, had me spewing "Oh S***, oh s***, oh s***!", hah. For the first time in a long time I kept rewinding a lot of scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth kat View Post
                    10/10!! That was just effin' awesome. Especially the space battle (in HD). The whole episode had me on the edge of my couch. The last scene though, had me spewing "Oh S***, oh s***, oh s***!", hah. For the first time in a long time I kept rewinding a lot of scenes.
                    How were you able to view the episode in HD?

I thought the space battles and graphics were alright, but nothing compared to Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksterr View Post
                      Comcast SciFi HD

I thought the space battles and graphics were alright, but nothing compared to Battlestar Galactica.
                      True (rabid BSG fan here). It also helps that BSG has more intense battle music.

Comment

In my area on Comcast Cable, Sci-Fi HD was just introduced on the HD tier. Now some of us lucky Americans can finally see SGA as it was meant to be seen.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                          I would disagree with you on Sheppard's reaction. He established in "Sateda" that his team is the closest thing he has to a family. And "Doppelganger" established that he fears failing his team. So he just had someone close to him who is also under his command come up and reveal that she's been getting beat up and shot at - both things that could possibly cause a miscarriage - while pregnant. He's been ordering her into situations that could get her baby killed. Also, pregnancy puts a hell of a strain on the body, so anything that affected the baby would affect Teyla as well. Plus, Sheppard's USAF, and there's got to be something in the rule book about pregnant women in combat. Athosian women may traditionally remain active during pregnancy, but there's a marked difference between working out in the gym or in the fields and taking a chance at being shot, stabbed, exposed to wonky alien entities, etc.
                          She lives in a world where that is a possibility with or without John. He need to get over himself. It is not his job to tell Teyla what chance she can take with HER baby, he is not the father therefore it isn't even open for discussion.

Comment

She lives in a world where that is a possibility with or without John. He need to get over himself. It is not his job to tell Teyla what chance she can take with HER baby, he is not the father therefore it isn't even open for discussion.
                            Also, you have to think that some people react differently to certain situations. He cares a great deal for Teyla and perhaps he was just a little bit upset for the safety of her and her baby.

Comment

That episode was amazing!

And Weir in the end. I suppose this is the original Weir - that one from Adrift and Lifeline. She has taken control over the fraction of the Asurans.

Todd was wonderful. Just his make up was little different.

10/10!
                              LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                              Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                              http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                              My fan fiction

Comment

See my most recent most on the matter. He's her commander. He sends her into combat. She's been letting him do that in a situation where it is blatantly against the rules of his own military; protocols she most likely had to agree to follow in order to be part of an off-world team. He was perfectly justified in taking her off active duty, and considering that she sprung this on him in the middle of a tense pre-battle situation to explain why she needed to go to the doctor after an incident that she would have been able to shake off with no problem had she not been pregnant? Darn right, he's annoyed. It's not completely about her being pregnant; it's about not letting him do his job.

Of course, I'm biased. I'm really hoping Teyla miscarries or gives the kid to its father to raise, as I hate, hate, hate the idea of a kid in Atlantis. Small annoying, wailing thing with no impulse control in a place that has a lot of weird killer machines lying around. Yeah, that's a bright idea.
                                They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                                Spoiler:
                                Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X