Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about you guys but the aurora class that Weir was on seemed to have a more cramped bridge than what i've seen with the aurora class in the past, it kind of reminded me of a nuclear submarine bridge. Also, it seemed to be darker. Don't know if that's replicator influences or just Her factions version?

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      As impossible as it may be, I would like to see F.R.A.N again. I was expecting some form of Asuran survival at the end, with her as some core personality.
      I absolutely agree. Too good of a character to casually make and throw away for one episode. I'd like to see another FRAN as a sort of adviser in Atlantis. If it was nice having an ugly Wraith around, imagine what a lovely Replicator could do?

I was hoping that all of that nanites bonding together would have created an Asuran Deathstar, with them changing part of it self to create this big bad ass energy weapon.
      You never know. Considering how tenacious the Milky Way Replicators were, or rather how long they dragged out that story after seemingly-decisive victories, I wouldn't call it out of the question my any means.

Comment

Originally posted by lazarus2405 View Post
        So it looks like the forming consensus as to the inferior 16-ship fleet defeating the 30-ship Asuran fleet is that, well, they didn't. Through numbers and size (remember, Hives are absurdly large and able to sustain lots of damage), the fleet was able to hold off the Asurans until FRAN completed her task. The reason we didn't loose more ships is that the battle was short enough for most of them to survive. Had the battle lasted longer, it would have not been so easy.

So why were the 304s in Pegasus anyway? By this time, is the Ori arc completely finished, thus making 304s in the Milky Way unneeded?

Is the correct chronology "Unending", then "Ark of Truth", then SGA Season 4 Ep. 1? Or does AoT occur between the first and second half of SGA Season 4?

edit: oh, found it: "Therefore, the movie's storyline will pick up after "Unending", the SG-1 series finale, but will take place before the fourth season of Stargate Atlantis."
        Well i doubt that they gave Carter the command @ SGA and then said "Wait, you should come dig for an Ark."

I wonder what's going to happen now. I mean the Wraith are bad guys ?1 again, at least until the new season...

And what about the non-Aurora class ships? They couldnt have all of their ships recalled. One of the smaller ships could still be out there.

Another thing i noticed is that our guys can detect a hyperspace window opening, shouldnt the replicators have detected that as well?
        A few seconds earlier isnt that big of a deal but they could've had time to at least raise shields.

Comment

Ok, nothing like a good old fashoined butt-whuppin' space battle to get the SCI-FI Friday energy going again!

While this is nothing new to various sci-fi genres (DS9 did something similar with the Dominion War) things had been building to the point where ya just need to get all the major players in one place and have it out.

Nice that they finally got around to outfitting both ships with those "beam" weapons (aka: portable Death Stars) on their ships. Figured they chewed through Ori ships so easy...it'd be the same with the replicators.

Loved the scene where the new guy from Apollo gave Rodney a hard time about being...well Rodney...and Sam FINALLY served a purpose of head of the SGA and read him the riot act.

LOVED that Larrin and the Travellers made an appearance in the battle, and it's kinda cool to see Sheppard not be so "Kirk-ish" around a woman in the Pegasus galaxy. My boy was trying to get her digits...how cute!

And OMG...OMG...OMG...we've got "Locutus Weir"

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!

Comment

Carter acted like a leader and her old smart SG-1 self letting Mckay know about the planet's density and elements. Great job on Carter's part.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              And Weir isn't coming back this season nor are there indications or even quiet internet rumors (ala Beckett's death or Weir's initial removal) that she's coming back for s5. Until I get even a hint otherwise, her story is dead in the water.
              I'm kinda crossing my fingers that maybe its been a 'media silence' on this end. When the fandom found out Weir was being 'downsized' it caused such a stir they've been trying to find a way to quell it.

But for all the news that has come out--Torri interviews, stuff on Joe's blog, etc, about her not returning, etc--this was a HECK of a cliffhanger to leave us with and not have a plan for resolution. I mean, the last line was "now we can begin" or summat? If you never intended to bring the character back, why the last 30 seconds? Even if you announced "4" episodes, if negotiations were breaking down, why not just cut this last part? You don't have to hold to 4 appearances just to please the fans. If you had no chance of her coming back, there is no point to this scene--so I kinda hope that they kept under wraps she'd be returning until now.

We'll find out in the next few weeks or so, I guess...
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Lots of positivity! I enjoyed it, but liked the writing of "This Mortal Coil" far better. I am confused by how week Auroras have become... A severely damaged one used to be able to destroy a Hiveship in seconds, now an Aurora is roughly as strong as 6 darts, and weaker than 8...

If we were to base an Aurora's strength ratings on the SEVERELY damaged Orion which had shields as strong as we've seen on most any vessel and weapons that shreded a hive in seconds (fairly not at the same time, but it was broken and underpowered...) then those MANY PRISTINE Auroras should have demolished the Wraith ships...
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post
                  Ok, nothing like a good old fashoined butt-whuppin' space battle to get the SCI-FI Friday energy going again!

While this is nothing new to various sci-fi genres (DS9 did something similar with the Dominion War) things had been building to the point where ya just need to get all the major players in one place and have it out.

Nice that they finally got around to outfitting both ships with those "beam" weapons (aka: portable Death Stars) on their ships. Figured they chewed through Ori ships so easy...it'd be the same with the replicators.

Loved the scene where the new guy from Apollo gave Rodney a hard time about being...well Rodney...and Sam FINALLY served a purpose of head of the SGA and read him the riot act.

LOVED that Larrin and the Travellers made an appearance in the battle, and it's kinda cool to see Sheppard not be so "Kirk-ish" around a woman in the Pegasus galaxy.

And OMG...OMG...OMG...we've got "Locutus Weir"

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!
                  We didn't watch the same episode then. I love Shep (look at my sig) .. but he was def. flirting. He looked down her shirt when she was interrogating him. He did the Pegasus galaxy version of "asking for her phone number" when he left her ship.
                  He was flirting.
                  sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Insaneboy View Post
                    Well i doubt that they gave Carter the command @ SGA and then said "Wait, you should come dig for an Ark."

I wonder what's going to happen now. I mean the Wraith are bad guys ?1 again, at least until the new season...

And what about the non-Aurora class ships? They couldnt have all of their ships recalled. One of the smaller ships could still be out there.

Another thing i noticed is that our guys can detect a hyperspace window opening, shouldnt the replicators have detected that as well?
                    A few seconds earlier isnt that big of a deal but they could've had time to at least raise shields.
                    The sheilds were raised
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                      We didn't watch the same episode then. I love Shep (look at my sig) .. but he was def. flirting. He looked down her shirt when she was interrogating him. He did the Pegasus galaxy version of "asking for her phone number" when he left her ship.
                      He was flirting.
                      Oh he was flirting, but he wasn't as smooth and intentionally charming as he normally is. Kirk-ish-ness is flirting with style; Shep was just awesomely awkward here. Larrin flusters him a bit, which is why I don't mind seeing her.
                      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                      Spoiler:
                      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        I'm kinda crossing my fingers that maybe its been a 'media silence' on this end. When the fandom found out Weir was being 'downsized' it caused such a stir they've been trying to find a way to quell it.
                        There had actually been rumors way before we officially found out that she was being "downsized". We(or at least the people that were on lj ) knew that it might happen. It was a rumor of course but so far nothing has been said of Weir returning. No rumors, no nothing.
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Carter acted like a leader and her old smart SG-1 self letting Mckay know about the planet's density and elements.
                          That was kinda cool, cause one of the things that made the Carter/Rodney working relationship work was that they're both one of those "big picture" type of thinkers...so they can work out a problem with half a word here and a phrase there...and they're on the same wave length. It's one of those times where Carter being the CO doesn't matter...they both speak fluent "geek"

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            The sheilds were raised
                            Not on the one that got destroyed by the rail guns.

If they can detect a hyperspace window opening (there's no reason to think that they cant), why didnt they raise those shields??

Comment

Oh...my....goodness i loved that episode

I mean there were rumors we'd see Weir again, that she wasnt really dead, and i was inclined to believe she wasnt; but wow, not expecting that reveal. I for one hope the writers intend to tell us what's going on down the line - is she pure evil? has she created her own faction of Replicators and hid until the rest who followed Oberoth were destroyed? With such a big reveal, i doubt they intend - as some have implied - to drop the Weir storyline outright a la Ford. That would've made the end to this episode a complete waste and cop out if they were to never touch on it again

I also must say, i thought the battle scene was fantastic, truly the best and most complex they've done, and i also thought those effects, the repli-blob/planet exploding effects, and the the way they revealed the big oops-weir-is-not-dead shocker at the end, panning past remnants of the planet, was quite cool.

I am so geared for the second half of this season... possibly some of the best Atlantis ever awaits! I might well be inclined to place this into contention as one of the top Stargate Atlantis episodes ever

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                                There had actually been rumors way before we officially found out that she was being "downsized". We(or at least the people that were on lj ) knew that it might happen. It was a rumor of course but so far nothing has been said of Weir returning. No rumors, no nothing.
                                But didn't those hints come from interviews or blogs or somesuch? If there's been a gag order on the Weir plotline, none of that sort of thing would be happening; we wouldn't know jack because no one would be talking.
                                They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                                Spoiler:
                                Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X