No announcement yet.

Good bye Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't I read somewhere that the ratings for the previous season decided whether or not there would be a 5th season. Therefore the tail end of season 3 whose numbers are already in should have already sealed season fives' fate.

Comment

That was changed to both end of season 3 and beginning of season 4 ratings.

Comment

I'm staying positive with fingers crossed for S5.
        Chicago Con Attendee 2011
        Chicago Con Attendee 2010
        GateCon Attendee 2008
        Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          I've seen 401,402, 404 and only Lifeline was a good episode. Rest could be ok, but I really doubt it
          Then why are you even here?
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
            Didn't I read somewhere that the ratings for the previous season decided whether or not there would be a 5th season. Therefore the tail end of season 3 whose numbers are already in should have already sealed season fives' fate.
            Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            That was changed to both end of season 3 and beginning of season 4 ratings.
            Actually because they made a major announcement about DVR being doubled in households , This season(as in all Fall premiere season networks). They may not even look or compare any of Season 3 to now. So basically, if SGA can keep viewers up in those key demographics then we should be fine for a 5th season. A few things to remember and this is all facts(please don't make me site sources, lol)

1. Sci-fi is one of the most DVR'd networks
            2. SGA is one of the top shows DVR'd
            3. Friday is the top day for DVR'ing
            4. The 10pm slot is the most DVR'd time slot.

Now the networks are looking at something called a DVR Live + 7. Which means they tally all those number who DVR'd and watched the show throughout the week. Technology is changing, people are not watching live as much. I believe SGA's 4th season could not of started at a better time. The odds just went up big time.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              I agree about the Nielsen system it really stinks. As to SGA's ratings it could easily improve if more of us Hardcore viewers were counted. The ratings in general are down so I can see it being renewed.
              The Nielsen rating system totally sucks. No doubt about it in my mind. There needs to definitely be a change.

As for ratings in general being down, I totally agree. Unless the ratings go lower, I don't see SGA being canceled by Sci-Fi. I think we'll get at least one more season out of Atlantis.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                With Adrift only getting a 1.2 rating, I have a feeling this is the last season.
                Didn't Paul Mullie say that the end of season 3 influenced the chances of a season 5?
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                  Didn't Paul Mullie say that the end of season 3 influenced the chances of a season 5?
                  That was before they made an announcement about DVR being a major impact on TV live viewership. So it's a whole new game. Different rules, different standings.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                    Then why are you even here?
                    so I shouldn't be here because I don't like S4 of SGA, or what?
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      I agree about the Nielsen system it really stinks. As to SGA's ratings it could easily improve if more of us Hardcore viewers were counted. The ratings in general are down so I can see it being renewed.
                      Well I'd say that the Nielsen system could use some updating for sure. But there is no way to know if it would improve or not if every single person (or TV) in the US were counted properly. But it certainly would be interesting to know exactly how many people are watching the show, also recording it if they can't watch it live. But I am not too sure it would change the ratings all too much tbh.

But like you say, ratings are down in general on SciFi, also on other networks if I'm not misstaken. So obviously there is another factor to consider here, what it is might be hard to say. One can only blame illegal DLs so much. I think it's more like the music industry, they cry that CD sales are down but in fact the online sales are only going up and up. I think it's the same for TV in these new times. More and more people get it through the net, with the likes of Itunes. I think TV channels will have to take that into consideration soon as well. Cause doesn't MGM and NBC/SciFi recive money from those sales as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Actually because they made a major announcement about DVR being doubled in households , This season(as in all Fall premiere season networks). They may not even look or compare any of Season 3 to now. So basically, if SGA can keep viewers up in those key demographics then we should be fine for a 5th season. A few things to remember and this is all facts(please don't make me site sources, lol)

1. Sci-fi is one of the most DVR'd networks
                        2. SGA is one of the top shows DVR'd
                        3. Friday is the top day for DVR'ing
                        4. The 10pm slot is the most DVR'd time slot.

Now the networks are looking at something called a DVR Live + 7. Which means they tally all those number who DVR'd and watched the show throughout the week. Technology is changing, people are not watching live as much. I believe SGA's 4th season could not of started at a better time. The odds just went up big time.
                        I agree. Lets just hope our optimisim pays off.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                          Well I'd say that the Nielsen system could use some updating for sure. But there is no way to know if it would improve or not if every single person (or TV) in the US were counted properly. But it certainly would be interesting to know exactly how many people are watching the show, also recording it if they can't watch it live. But I am not too sure it would change the ratings all too much tbh.

But like you say, ratings are down in general on SciFi, also on other networks if I'm not misstaken. So obviously there is another factor to consider here, what it is might be hard to say. One can only blame illegal DLs so much. I think it's more like the music industry, they cry that CD sales are down but in fact the online sales are only going up and up. I think it's the same for TV in these new times. More and more people get it through the net, with the likes of Itunes. I think TV channels will have to take that into consideration soon as well. Cause doesn't MGM and NBC/SciFi recive money from those sales as well?
                          I agree it might be tough to decide how different the ratings would be if we all were counted and as you said it does need updating. All stations are down due to lack of good programing among other things DVR being one. As to MGM and NBC Universal (who owns scifi) getting money from legal downloads I don't know. Most likely MGM does but not sure about NBC universal. As to illegal downloads the only time I even conisder that as an issue was last years insane break.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            The Nielsen rating system totally sucks. No doubt about it in my mind. There needs to definitely be a change.

As for ratings in general being down, I totally agree. Unless the ratings go lower, I don't see SGA being canceled by Sci-Fi. I think we'll get at least one more season out of Atlantis.
                            Agreed change needs to be implemented. I have no doubt we will at least get a fifth season and hopefully many more.

Comment

Sc-fi got rid of stargate,dresden files, and bsg.The only major shows that they have left are eureka,dr.who, and atlantis.If they get rid of atlantis then they only have two popular shows left.They can't afford to get rid of atlantis.

Comment

I am optimistic that we will see more of Atlantis. I do wish that they would move the show to an earlier time slot. I think that may slightly help.

Comment

Working...
                                X