This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
    Maybe it wasn't a priority but the nanites are just that dam good at getting the job done.
    Hell yeah, they are. They couldn't have her walking around all bald and stuff.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Hell yeah, they are. They couldn't have her walking around all bald and stuff.
      Or you know the hole in her skull.

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
        Or you know the hole in her skull.
        Everyone must be perfectly coiffed even in battle. Nanites know that.
        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
          It wasn't the best episode, I guess the set my standards too high because I thought it was going to be a lot better. I blame Joe for setting my standards too high for the premiere.

Only one episode has aired this season, I just hope it as good as Joe says it's going to be.
          I was slightly disappointed too. Tonight was my first time seeing the episode but I think with all the talk surrounding the episode I thought it would be so much more than what I saw. It definately wasn't on par with Rising 1 & 2 nor Siege III.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
            I was slightly disappointed too. Tonight was my first time seeing the episode but I think with all the talk surrounding the episode I thought it would be so much more than what I saw. It definately wasn't on par with Rising 1 & 2 nor Siege III.
            I agree with you. After ALL that hype, and waiting patiently to watch the episode, it was truly like a soft let down. EH .. haven't given up completely yet -- let's see what next week brings.
            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
              I agree with you. After ALL that hype, and waiting patiently to watch the episode, it was truly like a soft let down. EH .. haven't given up completely yet -- let's see what next week brings.
              Yeah, I'm hoping next week will be a vast improvement The vibe I get from most people that's already seen it is that it's a lot better episode. If I get a lot of action I can get past a show not having a lot of story but I didn't really think that this epi. had much of either. With a potential raid on the Asuran homeworld at least next week holds the promise of a lot of action (and hopeful more story).

Comment

WOW! Very glad I didn't see the unfinished ep. This was a great ep from start to finish. I loved all the drama, sudden danger Zelenka getting injured John being very concerned over Rodney healing Weir. Loved the conflict between the two. Definatly love Keller. Jewel did a great job and really made me love her character. Loved the Carter/Lee scenes. I was wondering how that would play out it was done superbly well. Excellent visuals, music the whole nine yards. Very well could be the best season opener ever. 10/10 from me and can't wait till next week.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I liked this episode very much.

I can't decide if my favorite part was John's reaction to Rodney activating Elizabeth's nanite's, or Rodney's comparison of the jumper strategy to playing Asteroids. (That's the sentimental favorite, I think, because I was really bad at that game too!)

I liked that John had such a strong reaction to Rodney turning on the nanites. I liked Rodney's decision, storyline-wise, don't get me wrong. It showed such a deep side of him, and his ability to really connect with people these days. But it was a huge risk, that he shouldn't have taken. It was a dangerous act of desperation. But I was so glad that John didn't approve. The fact that it was a risk needed to be brought out. I liked that John was willing to use an EM pulse to turn them off again. I liked that Elizabeth herself said it was a bad idea. I'm glad there was conflict over it, because it was such a risky thing to do. That was a great scene.

Then again, so was Sheppard hurling poor Radek across space!

For me the episode was very intense, it really had me empathizing with the crew.

I enjoyed the Sam and Doctor Lee moments too.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
                    Yeah, I'm hoping next week will be a vast improvement The vibe I get from most people that's already seen it is that it's a lot better episode. If I get a lot of action I can get past a show not having a lot of story but I didn't really think that this epi. had much of either. With a potential raid on the Asuran homeworld at least next week holds the promise of a lot of action (and hopeful more story).
                    I don't quite get what you mean by story unless you mean plot but then it wouldn't make any sense.

Comment

Whoo-hoo! I have to say, I LOVED this opening episode. It was so weird seeing the new credits--no Beckett AND no Weir--and I am still a bit apprehensive to see this new season, but so far I am really looking forward to it. I am really happy they didn't just kill Elizabeth off--though it sounded like they weren't doing it anyway--and I am actually interested to see how they take this new replicator-Weir story arch (just can't do the same thing with Weir that you can with Carter, lol).

The special effects were AWESOME! The whole thing with the astroids and the puddlejumpers--neat! And though it is so sad when Atlantis gets the crap beaten out of it, it is nice to know that our fair city is not invincible. Seeing Zelenka and Sheppard jump across that gap was awesome, though I so saw the hole-through-the-space-suit thing. But, still, never a bad move. Always a jaw-clencher!

I loved that McKay fought to save Elizabeth's life with the replicators and that Sheppard actually paid attention when Rodney apologized--and how often do we hear THAT?

Seeing the city fly is always cool and Carter with long hair--super cute. And what a plan--right into the enemy's lair to get ZPM's. I hope they pull that off. How freaking cool would that be?

The thing in the beginning with the shrinking shield and the people trapped outside it was so sad.

And Chuck officially has a name! Whoo-hoo!

All in all this episode was AMAZING! If they keep up like this, I AM looking forward to season four.
                      thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                        A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Definitely like the new opening credits, even though they are similar to season 2/3.

The Rodney/Sheppard tension was nicely done.

Loved the asteroids part! Great CGI!

Zelenka getting hit by a mini-asteroid was something I didn't expect.

Ronon's scene with Weir was really good too.

Liked the Carter/Lee banter.

RepliWeir. 'Nuff said.

A heist! On the replicator homeworld! w00t!

lol wow, there are already 39 people viewing this thread.
                        Crap... someone beat me to the 'RepliWeir' comment! Oh well, at least it answers my question of where Weir is going to be in Season 4. I wonder if this would do anything to bridge the Asurans and the Humans point of view on each other... probably not though...

Comment

I must say that I was almost hesitant about watching "Adrift". Wasn't thrilled with Seasons 2 and 3, there were some good episodes in each, but not many, IMO. In the end, though, I found the episode to be quite good; especially liked the whole Sheppard/McKay conflict scene over the nanites. In terms of rankings, I'd probably give it an 8/10; on the right track. Next week looks to be good too, so I'm actually getting excited about Atlantis again.

Comment

Not bad. Decided to go with the flow and try not to prejudge this season as my overall enjoyment of SGA has wained the last two years...thus I have pretty much abandoned reading/posting in the Stargate folders/sections on GW. While I still have some quibbles with this episode, I thought it was pretty well done for SGA standards and am looking forward to the next episode. Too bad they couldn't have had a two hour season opener.

Enjoyed most of the characters in this ep. though I'm still peeved about Carson and will probably never like this new doctor. I thought JF and DH did a nice job, and I didn't find McKay obnoxious and over the top in this one. Carter's introduction (and scenes) seemed unneeded in this ep but I am looking forward to her being on SGA.

I wish Skiffy would have done a season 3 marathon instead of showing random season 1 episodes today because I hardly remember what happened last season, especially in the season finally.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I thought it was more of an average ep than a highly touted season premiere. Not bad, but not excellent either.

Tons of Shep and McKay doing stuff while Ronon and Teyla largely sit around or react, much like a typical SGA ep. Keller didn't do much to grab my interest one way or the other. No real sense of danger since I knew they weren't going to lose the city. Carter and Lee felt thrown into the ep and didn't serve much of a purpose. The fact that the closest world with a ZPM happened to be the Asuran one, and right after Weir was nanited again, felt like extreme plot convenience to set up next week's ep.

I thought they could have gone 2 eps before dumping TH from the credits.

I liked the CGI with Shep and Zelenka and Ronon's scene with Weir. I liked seeing Ellis again.

I miss having some guy in the background going "BOOM!"

Comment

9.5/10

Well upon viewing I thought it was an overall fantastic ep, although it ended making feel as though things are unfnished. But I guess that was the point. I really liked the story and the characters were totally believable in the situation.

I have to start off with Shep. He was fantastic. Now I liked JF like the next girl. But I have to say I never felt he was given anything to really shine when you see him in Adrift. The character is raw, John's face literally made me cry. He didn't need too many words to give us the emotion that was needed. Just the look on his face when Keller said what would happen to Weir. It spoke volumes. JF had tears in his eyes. It was..."wow."

In response to McShep. I felt this was a perfect moment to show that McShep has reached a certain level of maturity. They took this far more seriously than we've seen between them. And the moments were intense and driving. I really got that John would hit McKay. Finally the growth needed, hopefully this is sustained throughout the season. What was good, is that they also maintained a bit of normal McShep sarcastic humor. But overall, the moments were intense between them.

Meh...not much to say here. She was right...and I agree with John, McKay should never have reactivated the nanites. I am trying to figure out how she went from bald to head full of hair, and yet she looked aged and old. I'm trying to figure out how that worked out.

Belligerent and rather annoying for me. He saw no real level of reason from what John said; but on another note I find this is realistic to McKay. He has proven time and time again to go to far ends to in protection and defense of Weir. Again, I loved her moments with John they were just great. Plus, my man rocked the PJ. Wicked!

Ten sentences that's about it. But I can see this since in this scenario she's watching over the personnel as John is all over the base and Rodney is busy with the many disatrous and broken parts of Atlantis. Ronon and Weir were incapcitated so this works. It was good they had her talk to Weir, for whatever 30 seconds we saw that and the moment was a bit rough and far from happy.

The Ronon/Weir moment may keep Ronon/Weir shippers happy for a small period of time. Although I found it weird, it was sweet and endearing. Ronon was great, and this is just another aspect to his many personalities. This character so bloody well developed, it's just impressive. He didn't seem out of character, even if it was interesting.

Keller: Okay, small problem. I kept having a problem with her delivery, but I think it's because I kept comparing her to Carson. The sensitivity and urgency I'm used to with Carson, I'm missing here. But overall I realize that Keller doesn't have the same relationship with Weir that Carson had, so I guess taht's normal. But still the delivery wasn't what I expected.

Other than the actor perfomances the cgi's were cool, the cool PJ usage was wicked. Great opener. Absolutely best opener I've seen yet for SGA in my opinion...yes I think it was better than Rising.

**By the way I want to send some props to JM for adding the lady of African Descent that I had specifically asked for back around February/March. It could have been coincidence..but darnit I was shocked. Pleasantly!!

9.5/10
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X