This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
    Actually, Adrift took place after Unending. There's no Asgard anymore, per Carter.
    Was it that Asgards are no more, or that they aren't on the Apollo? The exact line was "they don't have an Asgard on board" -- which could be interpreted many different ways IMO.
    Time line is hazy to me also.
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
      What's the point though? If the building housed research laboratories it's all gone.
      Cosmetic purposes maybe? Not to mention the fact that numerous systems could be running through there that need repair. Just because something minor is broken doesn't mean you don't repair it.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        Was it that Asgards are no more, or that they aren't on the Apollo? The exact line was "they don't have an Asgard on board" -- which could be interpreted many different ways IMO.
        Time line is hazy to me also.
        Hmm, I thought the exact line was "It's not like they have an Asgard."

I'll rewatch when it's loaded onto Itunes. If it is. Kind of pissed off the Office hasn't been loaded up yet.

Comment

Actually, Adrift took place after Unending. There's no Asgard anymore, per Carter.
          Correct it had to have. What I meant to say was that Unending and First Strike no way could have occured simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
            Correct it had to have. What I meant to say was that Unending and First Strike no way could have occured simultaneously.
            That would be correct. I'm pretty sure that Atlantis has always been a bit ahead of SG1 in terms of the timeline.

Comment

So, the episode really IS better with music and sound effects...

I liked Adrift, there were better eps, but also many eps that were worse, so all in all I think it was a good season opener. A few things I disliked nonetheless:

The credits. Seriously, they waited quite a few eps until they cut out PM, couldn't they have waited a bit until they cut out TH?

Carter. Well, I know many people like seeing her on Atlantis. I belong to those who don't for many reasons I won't go into here now as this is not the thread for this. Fact is, seeing her on the show makes me sad, and hence it spoilt my happy mood a bit. Especially as there really was no need to have her in this ep. Ok, I get it, her scenes were an introduction, but they were also absolutely unnecessary, boring and distracting. And of course golden girl is already right about everything. She, unlike everybody else, suspects that they dropped out of hyperspace too early, and of course she's right... And she says that Rodney probably made a mistake. Yeah, sure, how is that supposed to make me happy that she shows up on Atlantis?

McKay-Sheppard banter. I usually love this. I'm one of those who'd pay money to watch the McShep show (in the platonic and in the slashy sense). But this time it was a bit weird.
              I won't say much here about Sheppard as a leader. Basically he did good, I think. But I could have done without this "keep me in the loop" stuff. Guess the purpose of the scene was to show the viewer that Sheppard is in charge now, I can accept it that way. But Rodney was busy trying to save this damn city, how are long explanations that keep him from working helpful in this situation?
              And the apology scene? Not that the apology itself was wrong. I think it was rather thoughtful that Rodney saw how stupid it is to argue for hours when they need to work together to solve the bigger problems. And yes, he was disobeying John's order, I get that, and an apology was ok. But I'm proud that he dared to defend his opinion and what he did, and John made a really big fuss about it (maybe because he's not used to Rodney disobeying him like that?). I didn't like it so much that Rodney apologised and all that Sheppard did was was to accept it, he could have said something else. The scene simply seemed a bit off to me.

"John" - a dream came true, Rodney finally called Sheppard by his first name! I squeed about that, but I was surprised that he said it in such a casual way, as if he already said it for a long time. I really wished there would have a more meaningful scene for that.

Keller. Well, she didn't really convince me yet. Yes, I loved Carson, and somehow I still expect him to show up when someone yells for a doctor, so to speak. But ok, there's Keller now, I have to accept that. Still, I don't think her first real appearance was that good. It was rather dull. She's also still too young for me to take her serious as a doctor. And I already said in another post what I thought about her not saying a word when John yells at Rodney for the whole nanites thing, although it was her idea in the first place and she was involved in what had happened, too.

(Is it just me or does the infirmary look completely different again?)

And one thing I really loved about this ep? That Sheppad finally praised Rodney for something. He said to him that he did good after they came back from playing Asteroids (I for my part was rather good at that game ). Usually people just expect Rodney to come up with a last minute miracle, and if it doesn't work they're angry at him, and if it does work they take it for granted, because hey, it could be dangerous to praise someone with an ego like McKay's, no matter if he deserves praise or not. They rarely get that Rodney does crave serious praise from those people that are really important to him and mean something to him. He rarely gets it, so he tries to force people to praise him when he acts like an arrogant prick - which doesn't work. So he's often genuinely surprised if someone really does praise him. You can see that he didn't expect that then and is happy like a five-yearl-old then. Unfortunately he doesn't really know how to deal with honest praise and usually says something idiotic "like of course, I'm a genius after all!" then - and this doesn't sit well with those who don't get why he reacts that way. I hope those who call themselves his friends now him better by now. Long story short, I'm glad John praised him this time.

Oh, and before I forget it - CHUCK!

Bye, A.
              Last edited by Arlessiar; 29 September 2007, 07:06 AM.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hmm, I thought the exact line was "It's not like they have an Asgard."

I'll rewatch when it's loaded onto Itunes. If it is. Kind of pissed off the Office hasn't been loaded up yet.
                I think you're right. I have mine dvr'd - I will watch again tonight.
                sig made by me

Comment

Everyone must be perfectly coiffed even in battle. Nanites know that.
                  It's a girl thing.

Comment

And she says that Rodney probably made a mistake. Yeah, sure, how is that supposed to make me happy that she shows up on Atlantis?
                    If it makes you feel better, she was wrong. Screw up though he may be, their power problems weren't at all his fault (this time).

Comment

That would be correct. I'm pretty sure that Atlantis has always been a bit ahead of SG1 in terms of the timeline.
                      I don't know about always. Take the season finales of season 8 SG1 and season 1 SGA for example. Moebuis part 2 took place before the Seige part two. We know this because SG1 acquired the ZPM in Moebius 2 which helped save Atlantis in the Seige 2.

For the sake of argument, say Moebius took place a long time before the Seige, then why would they have waited so long to contact Atlantis? They had to have occured right after the other.

Comment

Thank you all I can't watch it until it goes in syndication or DVDs what ever comes first but you all have kept me up to date. Was there any scenes between Weir and Teyla like Ronon and Weir?
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                          I thought this was a great season opener and I can't wait to see next week's episode! Great suspense, great fun wondering what was going to happen next, and I thought the visual effects were excellent. I thought the acting was strong by all the cast. Can't wait to see what happens with Weir. I usually get tired of Sheppard/McKay banter, but it was excellent in this fast paced episode. The conflict between them over Elizabeth's life was fantastic. And I like the introduction of Carter so far.

If this is the tone of season 4 in general, I think we are in for a great ride!
                          Haven't seen it yet but sounds like it had something in it for everyone. I think old and new cast members will blend well. I don't think Carter will be so sure of herself once she assumes command and, from what JM and others have implied, there will be more in-depth characterization for all the cast. New layers will be revealed. Probably hinted at already with Ronon's scene at Elizabeth's bedside and McKay's empathic use of the name "John".

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                            Was there any scenes between Weir and Teyla like Ronon and Weir?
                            There was just one, when Teyla was in Weirs medical room in a hasmat suit telling her they did the right thing reactivating the nannites in order to save Weirs life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                              If they jumped to hyperspeed with only the control tower shielded, maybe I don't understand space physics that much but wouldn't velocity physics demand that the unprotected areas be torn apart? Given that traveling at light speed is as fast as we understand it to be?
                              Wraith ships travel in hyperspace and they clearly dont have shields.

I think as long as there is no intertia force acting on one part more than another it wont shred the vehicle.

Comment

I agree that I really don't see her reappearing in season 5 anymore. Not unless they bring her back as evil and then work something out. Which would be unfortunate for the character.

I agree w/ the McKay able to program the nanites all of a sudden. If he's able to do it now, why not back in TRW? Just seemed like a HUGE jump.
                                I'm totally unspoiled for the season, so this is just guesswork on my part. But I would imagine that McKay wasn't able to reprogram the nanites. He may think he was able to-or maybe that was just wishful thinking on his part. But I think we'll find that the nanites are just as take-controlly (new word ) as ever they were before.

Comment

Working...
                                X