Shield in Adrift .SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Don't forget my cynical friend that, that may not be the finished quality. The ep released was unfinished, so may not be the finished product. I'm assuming it is, but you know what i'm like with assumptions. But I agree, not one of their best shots. But as per usual i'll reserve judgement until the end result and see what it's like. I loved the shots from Progeny, but Adrift shots of the city, did look a bit off.
    I seriously doubt those images are the final images. They look more like matte patings. The quality of visuals have never been bad on Atlantis and with more money there is no reason they would be now. I really doubt those are final images.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002 View Post
      that and all lights and power was off to the entire city except for the shielded area

another question i just thought of is: where r the shield generators-normaly the shield emanates from the edges of the city and works its way to the top of the tower, but for only the tower to be shielded, wouldnt the generators have to be at its base? wouldnt the generators have to be at the edges of where the shield starts? generators at he edges of the city can not "send" the shield to the tower, they would have to be connected to it. right?
      Exactly. The shield emitters were all over the city - see the Return II - not just in the central tower. Reducing the shield to protect just the tower would have exposed the whole city to destruction. If any of the 10 emitters was hit, the shield would have lost strength and intergrity. Also, having mere seconds to set it up would have made it impossible.

The quality will be there on Friday. JM and Co. know that a S5 hinges on the viewership for the first few eps. Does anyone think they'd risk that with poor quality CGI?

Comment

spoilers!!! for 4x01 adrift
        >
        >
        >
        >
        Spoiler:
        in adrift, McKay shrunk the shield to just around the main tower to conserve power while floating in space. does anyone know why he couldnt have done this in 3x20 when they were being attacked by the laser? sure its risky that it might move, but the laser was only aiming at the main tower and it probably would have saved them alot of energy
        any theories?
        Because the writers didn't think of it until part 2...

And MAGNETS!

Comment

spoilers!!! for 4x01 adrift
          >
          >
          >
          >
          Spoiler:
          in adrift, McKay shrunk the shield to just around the main tower to conserve power while floating in space. does anyone know why he couldnt have done this in 3x20 when they were being attacked by the laser? sure its risky that it might move, but the laser was only aiming at the main tower and it probably would have saved them alot of energy
          any theories?

Sorry but I thought that this was a last second effort from the city itself not Mckay's doing. Someone correct me if I am wrong though.
          You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425 View Post
            Sorry but I thought that this was a last second effort from the city itself not Mckay's doing. Someone correct me if I am wrong though.
            no, the city started the process by shrinking the shield, but it was Mckay that forced it just around the tower.

most likly he go the idea from the city itself which he didn't know previously

Comment

it probaly would of put alot of strain on the shield and would collapsesince the beam was already fixed onto the city already and shrinking the shield enough so that the beam doesnt hit the city would of complicated things more.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree. The reason he likely didn't think of it in the first place was that it would be far too dangerous to shut it down while it was under such an incredible strain. when they were drifting in space the city started doing the shrinking for him so it made it easier for him to reconfigure the shield to do that.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

I didn't think that those might be unfinished shots but after Atlantis at the end of "First Strike" just lit up yellow instead of how it normally looks, I feared that they were going cheap. My personal feeling is that they have gotten cheaper but we'll have to wait and see how it actually looks.

And is that rock music during the Asteriod and Jumpers part just test music or what? I really hope that's not going to stay in the episode.

Vala,

Comment

.... everything in that was rather unfinished. Although the CG looked pretty close to complete, and it seems like the CG may very well cheaped up. But in the version that most people have, they replaced sound effects with poor sounding verbal cues.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                      .... everything in that was rather unfinished. Although the CG looked pretty close to complete, and it seems like the CG may very well cheaped up. But in the version that most people have, they replaced sound effects with poor sounding verbal cues.
                      I had them a couple hours after they leaked out. As I previously mentioned I thought it was a joke. About this whole thing not being finished...I hope you are right. Bear in mind they have to work on other episodes at the same time...

Comment

as the shield shrunk, it could only get stronger-if they used the same amount of energy to power it over the smaller space that is
                        It would not get stronger if you're trying to save energy. They had no other solution.

Safe hyperspace away without waiting to be in orbit of the planet... but that would have been too easy, wouldn't it?
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

This looks much better . It seems they spent so time with this episode

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            why leave the lights on tho? with the push of a button they can turn off every light in atlantis(siege2). isnt leaving them on just a waste of power??
                            MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                            I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

I'm glad to see that the effects were much better in the actual version than the "leaked" version.

Vala,

Comment

why leave the lights on tho? with the push of a button they can turn off every light in atlantis(siege2). isnt leaving them on just a waste of power??
                                The reason the lights are still on outside the shield is Mckay could not turn off power from the tower as there was to much damage. he would have had to gone to the area and turned it off manually.
                                sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X