This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elbo View Post
    I don't see how this will happen. The satelite power source was depleted as suggested in FS. The only way to control it and shield it is to mentain the wormhole open, which is impossible if they change its coordinates.

Same as Atlantis cannot activate their stargate in space, because it's not calibratetd to a specific postion, if the Asurans deduce the new location (how?) and sent another satelite they will not be able to make the connection either.

And if the city finaly land somewhere and calibrate their stargate to a specific address and coordinates, they will quickly dial a address to their gate to prevent the Asuran gate/satelite establishing the wormhole first.

In conclusion, I don't think that the Asuran satelite tactic will be use again with the same effects like in FS.

I'm really curious how we will encouter the Asurans so quickly in "Adrift" or "Lifeline" but i doubt that we will deal with another satelite or spaceship. Perhaps we make them a visit on their planet.
    if the Asgard used to monitor all hyperspace activity in at least a part of hte MIlky Way then surely it is possible that the Asurans can monitor part if not all of the Pegasus
    sigpic
    If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
    I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
      if the Asgard used to monitor all hyperspace activity in at least a part of hte MIlky Way then surely it is possible that the Asurans can monitor part if not all of the Pegasus
      Probably. They have the knowledge of the Ancients so it wouldn't be far fetched to think that they could.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think we know why there's going to be so much CGI in this episode now...

PG15 writes: “Why is Atlantis's shield only "half-a-shield" when it's supposed to be air tight?”

Answer: Actually, it is air tight and does encapsulate the entire city. Check out Adrift. Oh, right, you can’t yet. Well, check it out when it airs.
        also

Anonymous #1 writes: “Any nice/emotional moments with Shep/Weir at all?”

Answer: Scenes in both Adrift and This Mortal Coil come to mind.
        Yay for Shep/Weir.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
          I think we know why there's going to be so much CGI in this episode now...

also

Yay for Shep/Weir.
          Very interesting.

Comment

It would rock if the Atlantis team came across a secret room that was once jammed packed with Zpm's but there is only one left. There is only one left because the Ancient's used them all up and it is in a secret room because the Ancient's had them for an emergency or because of the enemy found Atlantis and took over the ancients wanted to make sure that they did not have a power source to run the city essentially killing the enemy!!!!

Comment

Other than the fact that Weir ortiginally went back in time, met with the Lanteans. Janus helped her out by showing her how to alternate the ZPM's. Writing a program to wake her from stasis every 3000 odd years. Writing in a fail safe to raise the city to the surface of the ocean when the power dropped past a certain level. Then lastly providing her with a note that contained 5 gate addresses with known ZPM's because he knew they would have power problems in 10,000 years time.

Would seem kinda dumb for them to go through all that only to have had a perfectly good ZPM laying around in the city all the time! Therefore no spare ZPM's can be lying around. Maybe the facility to build them is, but can't see any of them being ready built & waiting for them.

As for the enemy, the Wraith never got past the shield while it was on the surface of the planet. Then they even submerged it, so the Wraith I doubt would have had problems. Especially since they had 3 full ZPM's powering the shield even while on the bottom of the ocean. Think how long it lasted. As well as the fact that they knew it would remain safe for 10,000 years.

Next if the Wraith got into the city, I'm sure the Lanteans would have more to worry about than them finding ZPM's. We know the city can be powered by other means such as the Naquadah generators in S1. While in 'Aurora', we saw the Wraith can interface their own technology with that of Ancient tech. So if humans can power Atlantis via alternate means, then I'm sure the Wraith would have had no problems either.

Then came the Asurans. They thought they had wiped them out in the attack on Asuras. However even if they suspected some may have survived, then it would have made no difference to hide ZPM's. Since they have full knowledge anyhow, therefore they could have whipped up a bunch of ZPM's themselves, then brought them to the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                They can only use other gates by rewriting the gate macro which takes time.. and they don't have a lot of time. Aside from which, they ca,e out of hyperspace early and according to McKay are in the middle of nowhere with no planets nearby.. so where are they going to find a gate to access the gate bridge from?
                that doesn' mean they can't send out a subspace message to the Apollo to call earth from another gate.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                  that doesn' mean they can't send out a subspace message to the Apollo to call earth from another gate.
                  But your theory was that they would take a jumper to a nearby gate to contact/reach Earth via the gate bridge and that Earth could then send help back via the gate bridge.

Even if you change that theory to them contacting the Apollo via subspace and asking them to contact Earth - how does the Apollo contact Earth via the gate bridge? The gate bridge works in two stages - one wormhole to the midway station and another from there to Earth. You have to go through the wormhole to the midway station to be able to dial Earth from there. The Apollo can't fit through the gate to get to the midway station (and even if it could it has no facility to dial space gates) and though an F302 could possibly fit through, they also (as far as we know) have no facility to dial spacegates or upload the required macro to connect the gates in the bridge. I guess they could dial a gate on a planet using the DHD and send an F302 but they would still reach the midway station and have no way to dial Earth from there.

And even if somehow the Apollo could contact Earth on Atlantis' behalf and ask for help, the fact that the city is in the middle of nowhere with no gates nearby leaves the same problem of HOW would the SGC be able to send help to them? Even though they can send a jumper through the gate bridge, there are no gates near the city.
                  sigpic

Comment

I haven't changed any theory, i have stated from the start that Atlantis sends a subspace message to Apollo, which then could probably find them. But before that they jump the the next nearest gate, send a jumper through the IGB to recieve the ZPM from earth. Its been half a season (half a year?) since they made the IGB, i'm sure the macro has been made to readily be used on other gates. The Apollo and Daedalus both seem to have atleast one jumper each. The Apollo could search for atlantis in that hour or so, come back pick the jumper up from the planet and deliver the ZPM to Atlantis when they find them.

Comment

I haven't changed any theory, i have stated from the start that Atlantis sends a subspace message to Apollo, which then could probably find them. But before that they jump the the next nearest gate, send a jumper through the IGB to recieve the ZPM from earth. Its been half a season (half a year?) since they made the IGB, i'm sure the macro has been made to readily be used on other gates. The Apollo and Daedalus both seem to have atleast one jumper each. The Apollo could search for atlantis in that hour or so, come back pick the jumper up from the planet and deliver the ZPM to Atlantis when they find them.
                      Do they? Since when? We've seen Sheppard go on missions with the Deadalus or the Apollo where they take a jumper along specifically for the purposes of the mission (because they need a cloaked ship) but the implication has always been that they take a jumper from Atlantis on board the ship specifically for that mission, not that either ship has a jumper permanently stationed on board... unless you can recall a specific instance where it was stated that that was the case?

That's probably where I am getting confused by your theory about using the IGB... it only really works if the Apollo already has a jumper on board and I didn't think that was the case...
                      sigpic

Comment

They don't need the ZPMs from Earth. The Asurans have plenty of them. If Atlantis is able to contact Apollo and make them aware of the situation and give their coordinates, Apollo could make a raid on the Asuran planet in several hours and beam a ZPM aboard and then go back to Atlantis.

Comment

They don't need the ZPMs from Earth. The Asurans have plenty of them. If Atlantis is able to contact Apollo and make them aware of the situation and give their coordinates, Apollo could make a raid on the Asuran planet in several hours and beam a ZPM aboard and then go back to Atlantis.
                          That wouldn't be very wise. That would make things alot worse.
                          Last edited by Mitchell82; 26 July 2007, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            Do they? Since when? We've seen Sheppard go on missions with the Deadalus or the Apollo where they take a jumper along specifically for the purposes of the mission (because they need a cloaked ship) but the implication has always been that they take a jumper from Atlantis on board the ship specifically for that mission, not that either ship has a jumper permanently stationed on board... unless you can recall a specific instance where it was stated that that was the case?

That's probably where I am getting confused by your theory about using the IGB... it only really works if the Apollo already has a jumper on board and I didn't think that was the case...
                            I admit its not a sure fire solution because the jumper standard in the Apollo is not certain. If it isn't there maybe enough time for us to get Apollo to follow the subspace message to the origin, grab a jumper, and do what i said. If not they maybe able to "tow" the city through hyperspace.

Comment

how do propose we do that, the commander of Apollo said they suffered heavy damage when Shepherd proposed to attack the source (the Asuran city) there fore the attack was called off. Even if they could invade the city to swipe ZPMs they'd have to make it through the shield, yes we can scan and find ZPMs but don't you think the Asurans would make sure they are secure?

Comment

how do propose we do that, the commander of Apollo said they suffered heavy damage when Shepherd proposed to attack the source (the Asuran city) there fore the attack was called off. Even if they could invade the city to swipe ZPMs they'd have to make it through the shield, yes we can scan and find ZPMs but don't you think the Asurans would make sure they are secure?
                                Exactly. Even if we could make it there without getting killed we would likely never find them.

Comment

Working...
                                X