Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
    Spoiler:
    McKay: All right everything checks out. Weapons, shields, long-range sensors, all in the green. She's good to go.
    Carter: Great work, Rodney. Now I want you, Radek, and your team to head back to Atlantis and take a couple of days off. When you're good and rested, get to work on the city's shields.
    Carter (cont'd): Do anything you can to maximize efficiency. You're going to need them.
    McKay: Well, what about you?
    Carter: I'm going to take her out. For the time being, Major Lorne is in command of Atlantis.
    McKay: You need to take some time. You're as exhausted as we are.
    Carter: Intel suggests that Michael's about to move against several human worlds. We have to get out there... now.
    McKay: So let someone else go. Right.
    Carter: Hey...
    McKay: Hmm? Uh, good luck?
    Carter: Thanks, Rodney. For everything.
    Cool! That sounds good, I look forward to seeing...

Spoiler:
    Sam captain a ship

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Cool! That sounds good, I look forward to seeing...

Spoiler:
      Sam captain a ship
      That sounds crappy. She's supposed to lead Atlantis and prep it, not shed her responsibilities to Rodney, Zelenka and Lorne!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
        That sounds crappy. She's supposed to lead Atlantis and prep it, not shed her responsibilities to Rodney, Zelenka and Lorne!
        shes being a little more well rounded lol!!!

Spoiler:
        well if the wraith are going to attack she has gotta help defend atlantis
        sigpic
        [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Spoiler:
          They are all very responsible people, she knows they can handle it if she is required elsewhere. I'm personally chuffed that she is going out into the action, getting her hands dirty, blowing things up and protecting the humans of Pegasus. THIS is Sam Carter.

But I think you can tell by the way she says to Rodney "Thank you. For everything" that she knows there isn't much chance of her survivng. I don't know, I'm probably wrong, that's just how it looks to me.

Comment

Spoiler:
            They are all very responsible people, she knows they can handle it if she is required elsewhere. I'm personally chuffed that she is going out into the action, getting her hands dirty, blowing things up and protecting the humans of Pegasus. THIS is Sam Carter.

But I think you can tell by the way she says to Rodney "Thank you. For everything" that she knows there isn't much chance of her survivng. I don't know, I'm probably wrong, that's just how it looks to me.
            Spoiler:

I find it pretty disconcerting that Carter would leave her command to go into an unwinnable battle, and not even to protect her own people.
            a commander should have his own people in mind first and foremost, leaving your subordinates and going on a high risk mission when you are not absolutely essential for its success is irresponsible and disloyal.
            the people of the expedition should be her first priority, not the humans of the Pegasus galaxy.
            I never expected such poor leadership from Sam, hasn't she learned anything from O'Neill in 8 years?
            he would have never ditched his command like that (Reckoning is proof)

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
              Spoiler:

I find it pretty disconcerting that Carter would leave her command to go into an unwinnable battle, and not even to protect her own people.
              a commander should have his own people in mind first and foremost, leaving your subordinates and going on a high risk mission when you are not absolutely essential for its success is irresponsible and disloyal.
              the people of the expedition should be her first priority, not the humans of the Pegasus galaxy.
              I never expected such poor leadership from Sam, hasn't she learned anything from O'Neill in 8 years?
              Spoiler:
              mabye she thinks she can win because shes got the new ship it does look pretty cool in the promos but i don't think it can stand upto much
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                Spoiler:
                mabye she thinks she can win because shes got the new ship it does look pretty cool in the promos but i don't think it can stand upto much
                Spoiler:

But she doesn't win, does she? And Eath ends up in deep SHlT and it's up to Shep to save their a$$es

Comment

Spoiler:

My god. The poor woman can't win. First you have the people saying:

"Little miss perfect, boring, will never take risks, far too by the books blah blah blah"

and as soon as she takes a risk and does something drastic to help the galaxy we get:

"What a horrible, stupid leader she is!"

Alot of the supposed good commanders in TV shows have done it. Weir did reckless stuff for the greater good. The Adamas have done it on BSG too.

Spoiler:
                  Whatever Sam's reason is for going out in the Phoenix to try and stop Michael, it must be a good one. She wouldn't try for no reason.

We don't even know the story yet! All I said was I looked forward to seeing her as a ship captain. And we don't even know if she is yet!

Comment

My god. The poor woman can't win. First you have the people saying:

"Little miss perfect, boring, will never take risks, far too by the books blah blah blah"

and as soon as she takes a risk and does something drastic to help the galaxy we get:

"What a horrible, stupid leader she is!"

Alot of the supposed good commanders in TV shows have done it. Weir did reckless stuff for the greater good. The Adamas have done it on BSG too.

Spoiler:
                    Whatever Sam's reason is for going out in the Phoenix to try and stop Michael, it must be a good one. She wouldn't try for no reason.

We don't even know the story yet! All I said was I looked forward to seeing her as a ship captain. And we don't even know if she is yet!
                    I was probably in a minority, but I liked her new role as a commander and that she didn't go into the heat of battle. It makes sense! She's simply too valuable to risk losing her! I bet the future is screwed up because we lose Sam!

Comment

I was probably in a minority, but I liked her new role as a commander and that she didn't go into the heat of battle. It makes sense! She's simply too valuable to risk losing her! I bet the future is screwed up because we lose Sam!
                      I love Sam as commander. I think she is doing a great job. But, like I said, this is Sam. She follows the book- when she thinks it is the right thing to do. She does what she thinks is right, and obviously she thought she could make more of a difference...

Spoiler:
                      Out in the Phoenix defending the galaxy from Michael. She knows the people of Atlantis can handle themselves. Fact is, it isn't imperative that she is there. She is putting her life at risk to help the people of Pegasus, but if she dies (which i think she will) Atlantis will go on. Atleast until it turns into a desert. The expedition consists of the best of the best. They can get a new leader. And Sam obviously thinks she can make alot more of a difference out there, fighting.

To be honest, we are talking about this as if we actually know what is going on. We really don't know the circumstances yet.

Comment

I love Sam as commander. I think she is doing a great job. But, like I said, this is Sam. She follows the book- when she thinks it is the right thing to do. She does what she thinks is right, and obviously she thought she could make more of a difference...

Spoiler:
                        Out in the Phoenix defending the galaxy from Michael. She knows the people of Atlantis can handle themselves. Fact is, it isn't imperative that she is there. She is putting her life at risk to help the people of Pegasus, but if she dies (which i think she will) Atlantis will go on. Atleast until it turns into a desert. The expedition consists of the best of the best. They can get a new leader. And Sam obviously thinks she can make alot more of a difference out there, fighting.

To be honest, we are talking about this as if we actually know what is going on. We really don't know the circumstances yet.
                        Spoiler:
                        i will think she dies but then shepard will come back in time to the point where she dies and stops it because we know she is in the first episode of the 5th series
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm not very fond of her character, but so far I haven't had any complains pertaining her leadership. I think she's been doing a good job, but if what we are led to believe by this excerpt turn out to be true, it would be a fatal blow.
                          Spoiler:
                          sorry, but she gave up that right when she took a leadership position.
                          a leader doesn't leave his people behind.
                          that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            i will think she dies but then shepard will come back in time to the point where she dies and stops it because we know she is in the first episode of the 5th series
                            Yeah, that's what I think too.

Comment

I'm not very fond of her character, but so far I haven't had any complains pertaining her leadership. I think she's been doing a good job, but if what we are led to believe by this excerpt turn out to be true, it would be a fatal blow.

sorry, but she gave up that right when she took a leadership position.
                              a leader doesn't leave his people behind.

that's true.
                              Spoiler:
                              She isn't leaving her people behind though. She is leaving them in a relatively safe place, where (as far as we know) they can very easily evacuate back to Earth. They are alright without her. However, it may be a different matter for the crew of the Phoenix.

What we do know is that Sam is easily the foremost living expert on Asgard technology, something the Phoenix seems to rely on much more heavily than previous Earth ships. Whatever the expedition is doing at this point, I highly doubt Sam will make much difference, but I believe she would make much more difference going out with the Phoenix and trying her best to ensure they stop Michael, even if it is in vain, they could deal him more of a blow with her onboard.

(Of course, this all just going on what we are currently assuming. All we have to prove it is a bit of script and Sam souting "Return fire!" in the promos. For all we know, she was ordered to take command of/be on the ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X