Kanan is he real? [spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kanan is he real? [spoilers]

Teyla claims the father of her child is Kanan right?

Besides the fact we only found out his name at the time she became pregnant, none of the other Atlantis characters seem to have met him (all thy know is what Teyla has told them)

What if the person who kidnapped Teyla's people (Michael imo) also impregnanted her and brainwashed her with the memories of Kanan. If Michael had set up base on new Athos (secretly experimenting on th population) he could have kidnapped and brainwashed Teyla on many occasions before her people went missing

discuss
    sigpic

you do have a point we don't know much and as far as i know the team doesn't know Kanan that well. this whole thing really could be one big plan by Micheal.

for all we know Micheal like you said impregnanted teyla and then took her race away and is waiting for teyla to come full term
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

No, because when Ronin asked who the father was, she then gave the name, Kana and Ronin said: "I thought you two were getting close."

That implies that Ronin has actually meet him prior.

If Teyla's baby turns into a wriath super baby is will be due to Micheal--or another wraith, kidnapping her and manipulating the child in the womb...that's my guess anyways.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

It's already been confirmed, the child is Kanan's, and it is human.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Ronon said in BAMSR
          DEX: Congratulations. Kanan is the father?

TEYLA: You knew that we were ...?

DEX: I could tell – the way you talked about him.
          Suggesting that Ronon never meet him

It's already been confirmed, the child is Kanan's, and it is human.
          I missed it - where did it say that?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
            Ronon said in BAMSR

DEX: Congratulations. Kanan is the father?

TEYLA: You knew that we were ...?

DEX: I could tell – the way you talked about him.
            That doesn't actually suggest that he has never met him. It simply doesn't make it clear one way or the other. Ronon could have met him but be saying it was specifically the way Teyla spoke about Kanan that made him think they were dating... or he might never have met him and be basing all his interpretations solely on what Teyla has said about Kanan. We can't know for sure.

To me, personally, it did seem more like Ronon knew of Kanan and probably had met him (don't forget he lived with the Athosians for a while - 6 weeks or so, wasn't it?) on New Athos so it seems more likely than not that he would have met him or at least seen him about.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              That doesn't actually suggest that he has never met him. It simply doesn't make it clear one way or the other. Ronon could have met him but be saying it was specifically the way Teyla spoke about Kanan that made him think they were dating... or he might never have met him and be basing all his interpretations solely on what Teyla has said about Kanan. We can't know for sure.

To me, personally, it did seem more like Ronon knew of Kanan and probably had met him (don't forget he lived with the Athosians for a while - 6 weeks or so, wasn't it?) on New Athos so it seems more likely than not that he would have met him or at least seen him about.
              Agreed.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                Ronon said in BAMSR

I missed it - where did it say that?
                J Mallozzi said there would be no superbaby born. So no Michael/Teyla child.

And I thought Ronon said the way he talked about her. But I'm not 100% sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post

And I thought Ronon said the way he talked about her. But I'm not 100% sure about that.
                  oh i don't read the blog he never answers my questions
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think Kanan is real. Rachel said in an interview that the part had already been cast.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      I think Kanan is real. Rachel said in an interview that the part had already been cast.
                      I'm thinking it's BamBam.

Comment

Joe also recently said that Teyla's pregnancy was "atypical".

Which, if you ask me, means that it's could still be a Teyla/Michael child genetically in spite of what Teyla thinks.

I have no doubt that Kanan exists. Ronon would know him from the 6 weeks on New Athos among the Athosians. He doesn't question the existence of Kanan, which he would have cause to do if Kanan didn't exist; he says he guessed about Teyla/Kanan because of the way she spoke about him.

But the fact that Teyla thinks it's Kanan's child doesn't preclude her being pregnant c/o Michael's machinations. Perhaps not the love-romance-sex way, but Michael seems to have precious little care for anyone but himself.

Incidentally, a Teyla/Michael baby doesn't have to be a 'superbaby' either, if you're defining 'superbaby' like Adria or Shifu (Sha're's harcesis son by Apophis). If you're defining 'not a superbaby' as 'stock-standard normal' then I think Spoils Of War has already put paid to the idea that Teyla's son is "normal".

I don't know about where you live, but in my section of planet Earth, not too many kids are capable of augmenting their mother's mental capacity while in the womb. Come to think of it, not too many kids are capable of augmenting their mother's mental capacity outside of the womb, either!

Lesson #1 about JM: he has the ability to split hairs finer than anyone I know. The man's slippery as an eel when it comes to defining what's going to happen in the show.

Sel.

Comment

I'm thinking it's BamBam.
                          No, she said it was an actor from 300, but she didn't say who.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            No, she said it was an actor from 300, but she didn't say who.
                            Gerard Butler?
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm pretty sure Kanan is the father. I'll be very very surprised if not. But if Joe said the pregnancy was "atypical" it's possible Michael has something to do with that - through some sort of genetic manipulation. But he's not going to be the father - I'd place bets on that.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X