Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teylas baby is a strong wraith mind reader/control that the wraith would be after it so i dont think theyl keep it on any were but atlantis/earth

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
      Writing Rachel's pregnancy into the show was a dumb idea.
      Teyla is an action adventure character who likes wearing revealing clothing when she's off duty. There's no way that they could conceal a real life pregnancy by giving her baggy, shape hiding costumes and keeping her behind furniture so we only see her top half. The alternative was having her disappear with the rest of the Athosians.

There's nothing more boring than a baby on a scifi show.
      It depends on how it's handled. It could appear once or twice a season and just have the occasional mention in other stories. Carter doesn't appear or even get a mention in every story. If they can take this approach with a character who is in charge of the expedition they could certainly take it with a baby.
      sigpic

Comment

Did you miss that Teyla has no place left to go? What, she gonna go sit in empty new athos? Go to earth and become a secretary? Atlantis is all she has and no ones gonna kick her out, theyre all her friends. Even as a pregosaurus she is still a valuable consult on Pegasus affaris. Realistically they could put teyla in a cubicle for work and just show her with her SGA friends.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          Did you miss that Teyla has no place left to go? What, she gonna go sit in empty new athos? Go to earth and become a secretary? Atlantis is all she has and no ones gonna kick her out, theyre all her friends. Even as a pregosaurus she is still a valuable consult on Pegasus affaris. Realistically they could put teyla in a cubicle for work and just show her with her SGA friends.
          A cubicle?? A CUBICLE?! Ohmygawd, you must really hate Teyla! (Just kidding). Shudder. I mean, putting any of the gang in a cubicle (except ROdney) would be akin to jail time.

They'd never boot Teyla from Atlantis, although she has the option to leave (as she's the local contact for many trading partners, she could stay with them, provided they're not like the Genii).

While Teyla is pregnant, I hope they do her justice and don't go for the old morning sickness (although yes, that's very real) as a joke or anything. I'd like to see her stay as a vital working member of the team (even if stuck on Atlantis for the most part)/

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Oh the horrors of that...
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Oh yes, most definitely.

Writing Rachel's pregnancy into the show was a dumb idea.
              How exactly did you want them to deal with it? Teyla is an action/adventure character. Kinda hard to hide a pregnancy with that kind of role.

There's nothing more boring than a baby on a scifi show.
              Unless it's done well. TPTB handled it well with Claudia/Vala they can handle it well here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                How exactly did you want them to deal with it? Teyla is an action/adventure character. Kinda hard to hide a pregnancy with that kind of role.
                "Hey, Teyla, you should see Keller about that insect bite. It just keeps swelling."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                  "Hey, Teyla, you should see Keller about that insect bite. It just keeps swelling."

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    While Teyla is pregnant, I hope they do her justice and don't go for the old morning sickness (although yes, that's very real) as a joke or anything.
                    Ronon mentioned in BAMSR (I think) that he found her to be looking a little green lately.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ronon mentioned in BAMSR (I think) that he found her to be looking a little green lately.
                      He did?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        He did?
                        from BAMSR
                        ATLANTIS. CONTROL ROOM. Ronon Dex is sitting near the bottom of the stairs leading to the Jumper Bay. John Sheppard, geared up for an off-world mission, is pacing nearby.
                        DEX: Don’t worry – we’re ahead of schedule.
                        SHEPPARD: I know.
                        DEX: All the settlements we’ve been assigned have been evacuated.
                        SHEPPARD: I know, I know. It’s just that most of the planets that are in the Replicators’ path are people that we’ve had almost no contact with, so I need you and Teyla out there as much as possible.
                        DEX: Yeah, well, I think it might be the ‘flu. She’s been looking a little green lately.
                        (Just then nearby doors open and Teyla Emmagan walks in, geared up. She has heard what Ronon said.)
                        TEYLA: I am fine. Where are we going to now?
                        DEX: M9R-373.
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

What Jumper_One said...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I remember that; I just hope they don't drag it out

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              from BAMSR
                              I know. I caught it in my rewatch tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X