Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about a SG:A Season 4 spoiler. Discuss.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about a SG:A Season 4 spoiler. Discuss.

What do people reckon about the upcoming
    Spoiler:
    Wraith birthing scene

Joe Mallozzi mentioned in his blog? Possible implications / revelations etc etc.
    sigpic

Originally posted by sg8man View Post
    What do people reckon about the upcoming
    Spoiler:
    Wraith birthing scene

Joe Mallozzi mentioned in his blog? Possible implications / revelations etc etc.
    That it will be gross?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Maybe something to do with....

Spoiler:
      Michael's bug army..

Or Teyla's baby but thankfully that option is getting more and more unlikely
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Spoiler:
        It will show that Wraith don't reproduce in the human/mammalian fashion?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
          Spoiler:
          My guess is
          Spoiler:
          That Wraith birth in cacoons similar to the Irratus bug and Michales gigantic alien bugs.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            My guess is
            Spoiler:
            That Wraith birth in cacoons similar to the Irratus bug and Michales gigantic alien bugs.
            Spoiler:
            I think it will be along those lines too. They are evolved from insects after all. The question, of course, is do the Queens lay eggs or do they somehow manufacture new Wraith from Iratus bugs?
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              I think it will be along those lines too. They are evolved from insects after all. The question, of course, is do the Queens lay eggs or do they somehow manufacture new Wraith from Iratus bugs?
              Hmm good question I just hope they don't show a queen make one.

Comment

Gross it will be.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Gross it will be.
                  Yoda how have you been?

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Hmm, I dunno. On JM's blog a while back, there was a pic labeled "wraith ultrasound". It was pretty gross looking. Unless they whipped it up special for Teyla (which is a distinct possiblity if Mikey's involved) my guess would be that they do.
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Hmm, I dunno. On JM's blog a while back, there was a pic labeled "wraith ultrasound". It was pretty gross looking. Unless they whipped it up special for Teyla (which is a distinct possiblity if Mikey's involved) my guess would be that they do.
                      I missed that can you locate it?

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        I tried doing a search for it. Couldn't find the pic but the blog entries seem to be talking about it being used on Teyla. There's various reasons why Wraith could have developed such a piece of technology -

1: We know from Ellia that at least one female Wraith went through a child stage. Maybe females are born in the human sort of way and males aren't.

2: Even if most Wraith come from cocoons it might still be useful to have basic ultrasound technology which can be adapted for monitoring non-Wraith if necessary.

The problem with Wraith reproducing in the human way, though, is that we've just been shown a few Queens and thousands of males. How could they have bred so fast during the war with the Ancients unless there are thousands of other females we've never seen?
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I tried doing a search for it. Couldn't find the pic but the blog entries seem to be talking about it being used on Teyla. There's various reasons why Wraith could have developed such a piece of technology -

1: We know from Ellia that at least one female Wraith went through a child stage. Maybe females are born in the human sort of way and males aren't.

2: Even if most Wraith come from cocoons it might still be useful to have basic ultrasound technology which can be adapted for monitoring non-Wraith if necessary.

The problem with Wraith reproducing in the human way, though, is that we've just been shown a few Queens and thousands of males. How could they have bred so fast during the war with the Ancients unless there are thousands of other females we've never seen?
                          Which does seem to indicate that maybey the Wraith queens are egg layers.

Comment

Working...
                          X