X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sense of the Art...

Hey all,

However many years ago, McKay described himself as a brilliant technical scientist (and pianist) who had no sense of the art.

Do you guys feel, going into season four, that the character has stayed true to this form, that he has evolved beyond this form, or that this form was abandoned altogether as being too constricting?

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
    Hey all,

However many years ago, McKay described himself as a brilliant technical scientist (and pianist) who had no sense of the art.

Do you guys feel, going into season four, that the character has stayed true to this form, that he has evolved beyond this form, or that this form was abandoned altogether as being too constricting?
    i think he has a sense of the art, only not alone, most of the time its a teameffort. Zelenka gives allot of input and helps allot, even only to get an idea or come up with a solution. Carter didnt have a "Zelenka"

Comment

I think he has evolved albeit slowly. He started out very unsure of himself but his character has changed alot.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Hey all,

He started out that way, but from his trial by fire in the pegasus galaxy, has shown he is as 'artistically inclined in tech' as he labled carter.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          He started out that way, but from his trial by fire in the pegasus galaxy, has shown he is as 'artistically inclined in tech' as he labled carter.
          Agreed.

Comment

I found it interesting that the Carter McKay gate-bridge was Carter's original idea with McKay's algorithms making it work. It seems that they've kept their comparative strengths in mind over the years.

Comment

I found it interesting that the Carter McKay gate-bridge was Carter's original idea with McKay's algorithms making it work. It seems that they've kept their comparative strengths in mind over the years.
              They do work well together.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                They should make a baby. ALL OF OUR STRENGTHS AND NONE OF OUR WEAKNESSES!!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  They should make a baby. ALL OF OUR STRENGTHS AND NONE OF OUR WEAKNESSES!!
                  god please not!
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    Almost like carter and Ba'al/

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      god please not!
                      Agreed no Carter/Mckay baby.

Comment

maybe off topic but does anyone else suddenly think that we should see some of mckays mad pianist skills at some point?
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          maybe off topic but does anyone else suddenly think that we should see some of mckays mad pianist skills at some point?
                          Nah.

Comment

I think he has evolved while staying true to his character. Granted many think that far too much time has been spent on McKay, but all that has been of enormous benefit to the character. Until Ronon came, he was my favourite SGA character - now he has to share with Ronon. But he is very very much McKay of old just having gotten more meaningful having faced life or death and seen death so often.

Almost hard to believe that he very nearly wasn't a part of it at all.
                            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                              I think he has evolved while staying true to his character. Granted many think that far too much time has been spent on McKay, but all that has been of enormous benefit to the character. Until Ronon came, he was my favourite SGA character - now he has to share with Ronon. But he is very very much McKay of old just having gotten more meaningful having faced life or death and seen death so often.

Almost hard to believe that he very nearly wasn't a part of it at all.
                              Good points. TBH when I heard he was gong to be on Atlantis I was very worried as I hated him on "48 Hours" though he kinda grew likable in "Redemption". I'm glad he has grown quite abit.

Comment

Working...
                              X