This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
    Would be better moved to an already existing topic based on this exact same topic:

Finale 1

or another:

Finale 2
    Those are in the wrong section IMO. Spoilers are more of an issue in there. In the Season 4 folder, we can assume everyone's seen at least season 3 in its entirety. But thanks for derailing the thread .
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      Those are in the wrong section IMO. Spoilers are more of an issue in there. In the Season 4 folder, we can assume everyone's seen at least season 3 in its entirety. But thanks for derailing the thread .
      Lmao, is Atlantis gonna end at S4?

So what spoilers are gonna be around exactly that could destroy stuff for other people's enjoyment of future seasons! For instance your particular post makes mention of Asgard database, S10 of Atlantis. With Horizon as well. Which was in S3 of Atlantis......Nothing earthshattering in there!

They got Asgard stuff way back in 'Unending'. MP has said in interviews about it. Spoilers have been out for many months talking about upgrades to the ships

We know the Asurans & Wraith are gonna be wiped out eventually in latter seasons!

Therefore there are no major, major spoilers that would kill a thread. If by some chance there was, then you simply put that little portion in spoiler tags.

Thus, it's better off in the general discussion because that's exactly what it is. A hypothetical discussion on people's opinions or theories on how they see or would like the show to end on!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        Lmao, is Atlantis gonna end at S4?

So what spoilers are gonna be around exactly that could destroy stuff for other people's enjoyment of future seasons! For instance your particular post makes mention of Asgard database, S10 of Atlantis. With Horizon as well. Which was in S3 of Atlantis......Nothing earthshattering in there!

They got Asgard stuff way back in 'Unending'. MP has said in interviews about it. Spoilers have been out for many months talking about upgrades to the ships

We know the Asurans & Wraith are gonna be wiped out eventually in latter seasons!

Therefore there are no major, major spoilers that would kill a thread. If by some chance there was, then you simply put that little portion in spoiler tags.

Thus, it's better off in the general discussion because that's exactly what it is. A hypothetical discussion on people's opinions or theories on how they see or would like the show to end on!
        Still the angry guy I've come to know, lol. Anyway, even those things you've mentioned are MAJOR spoilers. And "(...)McKay's mistake cause the loss of entire human races through the Asurans." is arguably the biggest spoiler of the season.

EDIT: I spoke to Darren, Gateworld's owner. He says:
        Originally posted by Darren
        These are all spoilers.
        This includes your own examples of 'not "earthshattering" (misspelled) information.'

Now if you have further objections, you can take your "lmao" and "" over to him, I'm done defending my (and the owner's) interpretation(s) of Gateworld policy.

LET'S GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK !
        Last edited by Ripple in Space; 26 December 2007, 04:35 PM.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          Well tptb have made Col. Sumner's mistake cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people through cullings. And McKay's mistake cause the loss of entire human races through the Asurans.

So what if they took it a step further? What if by the end of the series, Carter, McKay, Zelenka and Lee have done enough R&D with the Asgard & Ancient databases' technologies to develop WMDs that make the Horizon System look like a cap gun? What if the IOA & Jack decide to outfit the Battle Cruisers with these weapons for use in the Wraith war? What if it works, but causes Galactic level human causalities while causing the Wraith's utter extermination?

A fitting finale? Think the original Tollan catastrophe times a million.
          it wasn't really sumners "mistake" that woke the wraith, it was sheppard and fords by killing the guardian, and i know that they found out about earth from sumner, that's why i say wasn't really his mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
            it wasn't really sumners "mistake" that woke the wraith, it was sheppard and fords by killing the guardian, and i know that they found out about earth from sumner, that's why i say wasn't really his mistake.
            It's noones fault. We had no idea what kind of power the Wraith had. The Wraith also only knew about Earth and the only way to get there. Not it's location. Shep did what he had to. He had no idea what would happen.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think how you want the entire series to end would be different depending on whether there will be post-series movies to be made or not. If so they could create a new threat to Atlantis to be explored later. If not things could wrap up in a nice neat little package (not likely).
              sigpic

Comment

the season finale will most likely be that that is not atlantis it may be another city ship and he was sent ther by accident ans the first episode of season 5 " search and rescure" i think well it says it all they'l go and rescue him
                sigpic
                Sig For Me!

Comment

It would be nice if we won't see a happy ending. Why should we defeat the Wraith? Come on, even Ancients didn't defeat them and they were technologicaly superior. In the last episode/or movie I would like to see how damaged Atlantis is equiped with ZPM's and head back to MW leaving behind the Wraith and PG humans. Why should we save every galaxy we encounter?
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

It would be nice if we won't see a happy ending. Why should we defeat the Wraith? Come on, even Ancients didn't defeat them and they were technologicaly superior. In the last episode/or movie I would like to see how damaged Atlantis is equiped with ZPM's and head back to MW leaving behind the Wraith and PG humans. Why should we save every galaxy we encounter?
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      Being technologically superior does not necessarily mean you'll win. The entire might and supremacy of the Seleukid Army was crushed by a couple of Roman Legions in one battle because of the tactics they used rather than the weapons they wielded (I studied the battle for a month). It's already been established in the show that the ancient's superior technology had nothing to do with them losing the war, it was how they used it.

I'd quite like a Happy ending, I'm not asking for something that ties off all the loose ends, but I'd quite like something which doesn't resemble complete defeat. Also, why are so many people obsessed with the idea that we should take Atlantis back to Earth and the Milky Way? There are so many potential problems with bringing Atlantis closer to Earth, why not just leave it where it is and operate it as if it were a colony rather than a weapon?
                      sigpic
                      If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                      I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Hopefully the series finale won't be until another 5 years or so. The network has said they plan on keeping SGA around.
                        sigpic

Comment

hear, hear.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Hopefully the series finale won't be until another 5 years or so. The network has said they plan on keeping SGA around.
                            If Atlantis is still around in 5 years I'll be oh so happy, and probably slightly out-of-pocket, what with buying the other DVD boxsets and all.
                            sigpic
                            If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                            I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
                              If Atlantis is still around in 5 years I'll be oh so happy, and probably slightly out-of-pocket, what with buying the other DVD boxsets and all.
                              A lot also depends on you folks overseas. If the international market stays strong MGM will make more of an effort to get more Seasons aired on SCI FI, ratings are still good now, especially after seeing the official final numbers.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
                                that's the least of my worries
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X