Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a really good ending for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
      Atlatis heading to Earth is too predictable! Ask anybody what they want to see for a finale & the largest majority will say Atlantis going back to Earth at the end. It's what everybody expects, therefore won't make a good ending for a show because it's the unexpected that makes it good.

Everybody will tune in thinking the show will end with it returning to Antartica or Earth. Then bang, it goes totally opposite. Nobody expecting it & getting caught off-guard. Like with SG-1, nobody expected the Asgard to get killed off, nobody expected them to get all the tech, nobody expected them to be able to destroy Ori warships etc, etc.

The perfect ending for Atlantis is this:

The Asurans have almost annihilated all the Wraith. The Lanteans couldn't get them to work properly by following out their original programming, but their descendents (humans) did. There are only a dozen or so Hive ships left. The Asurans are taking out the galaxy, killing all the humans off. Then it's found out that the Asurans are building a huge mofo of a ship. The biggest ever seen. Which is a weapon with a ship built around it, like a planet killer in which they plan to blow Earth to crap. Along with it, they have 1000 or so warships. Millions of Asurans are going to the MW to destroy all human life from all over the galaxy. To blot out all of the Ancients descendents from existence.

Basically a force so massive that nobody is able to have any hope in hell of destroying it. The Wraith offer to help them if in turn they give them the ability to get to a new feeding ground,. The case goes before the IOA. They send representatives to negotiate with the Wraith & strike up some sort of a deal. After some careful thought, they think that a few Wraith in the MW will be easier to handle than a 1000 Asuran ships destroying everything in sight.

The end result is that they also do a deal with the Asurans. If they give them Atlantis & promise to take all humans from Pegasus & never return then the Asurans will drop their attack on the MW. The Wraith hear of this & set their plan in to motion earlier than they had anticipated. This is they never had any intnetion of helping defeat the Asurans, they only wanted to steal a 304 & use it's hyperdrive to get to Earth. So at the Wraith planet, which is their last haven. A 304 with the IOA representative had landed previously, they decide to strike now. All the Hives & Cruisers jump in, they go towards the ship. The few crew of the ship see what's coming. Knowing they can't life the ship off, they jump into a PJ, then cloak & go through the nearby Stargate.

The Wraith now have a ship with the specs on how to build an intergalactic hyperdrive with protection shields. They modify all their ships & head towards Earth in one big unified fleet.

On Asuras, all the Asurans are watching as Atlantis is landed. Oberoth warns them not to ever come back or else. We go into the city where an Asuran delegation boards the city. The shot switches into the gateroom. The Stargate gets activated, all the humans that are left alive are going through it back to the MW. Oberoth warns them not to ever come back or else.

We switch to a 304. Shep & his team are all on board. He tells McKay to send it now. Then he presses a few buttons & says it's done, shields are down & warhead is away. The camera pans outside the ship. We see that they're cloaked above Asuras. Suddenly, we see a huge detonation flash. Then a whole host of secondary detonations. The waves get bigger & bigger with each one taking out another one of their cities. After a dozen or so of these, we hear them saying the planet is gonna go. So Caldwell orders the pilot to jump into HS. Which it does right in the nick of time, as the planet explodes seconds are they jumped.

We see them celebrating, then Shep says we've not completed the mission yet. It jumps a day or so ahead. The tannoy comes on for all officers tot ake their stations. Shep's team run into the bridge. Caldwell tells them they've spotted the Wraith fleet dead ahead on sensors. Caldwell says doctor whatever your gonna do, do it now please. Shep nods in agreement. He does it when suddenly the shot switches to the Wraith hyperspace tunnel. Flashes happen to their hyperdrive engines. When the tunnel suddenly collapses & they all drop out of HS. The 304 drops out alongside them. Shep then sends them a smarmy message about double crossing, trust etc. If only they hadn't been an evil bunch of space faring vampires or something then they could have maybe learned to trust each other & all gotten along. They then tell them the 304 they got was booby trapped. The shields & hyperdrives were rigged. As a result the Daedalus was able to get close & allow McKay to send a virus to the ships. Forcing the hyperdrives to burn themselves out as a result. The Wraith growl & hurl an insult. They all begin to open fire, when Caldwell tells them to get us back into hyperspace.

They then can do the last couple of minutes of the ep with the Atlantis crew meeting up together again back on Earth.

End result, the Wraith wanted to get to a new feeding ground so much that they double crossed & stole to get the new upgrades. This obsession was their undoing & it cost their race their lives because theya re now trapped in the void between galaxies. 2 million light years from the MW galaxy with no hyperdrive. Meaning millions of years worth of travel to get to it. Obviously they'll die out long before they ever got to it.

While the Asurans obsession with reclaiming Atlantis, cost them their race also. Because the virus implaneted in the city's OS, allowed them to drop the shields via remote. Then drop in a Naquadah, ZPM hybrid bomb. That ended up as a result of chain reactions destroying the whole planet with all of them on it at the time.

Atlantis was the last outpost for the Lanteans, both the Wraith & Asurans wanted it for their own purposes. So it turns out to be a fitting tribute that this special city ended up helping to destroy both enemies not only of the humans but also the Lanteans themselves. Ensuring that the Ancient descendents continue to survive & it fitting that they be the ones to do it when ther Lanteans themselves couldn't.

The only other way to end the show would be for Atlantis to jump into HS, but have Asurans, Wraith or whoever following & attacking them at the time. Atlantis destroys one of the pursuing ships in HS, the explosion engulfs Atlantis & rocks the city. When it drops out of HS, it's a few 100 million light years away from Earth in a brand new galaxy. Too far away to ever get back. Then they can do DVD movies of their adventures in this new distant galaxy & allows them to do everything from scratch again. Meaning much more stories, so more DVD movies to come in future.

Atlantis going back to Earth is what everyone expects, so destroying the city & taking out their enemies in the process. Allows the sacrifice to be done in a fitting tribute kind of way. Either that or they get sent to a new distant galaxy, allowing them a brand new opportunity & blank slate to begin all over again in DVD land with new enemies & new problems facing them at every turn.
      I like that ending too.

Comment

Planning our ideal series finale is all very well but we don't know how long the show is going to run. Wraith and Asurans would be OK if it finished with Season 4 but what if it goes on for as long as SG1? They'd have to spend the next 7 years preventing the enemy from making their final move.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
          1. SG Atlantis started on Earth
          2. The Ancients went to Pegasus from The Milky Way and took atlantis with them, and guess what, atlantis left from earth...
          when have we been told that atlantis started and was built on earth I think that they brought atlantis with them from the ori galaxy not built on earth
          I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
          "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            Why can't we have one or two 'different surprises' amongst all this? Maybe only a few Wraith go off to genetically modify themselves but they survive so the species isn't extinct etc. A lot of viewers might find this a bit more interesting than - "Earth humans finally succeed in killing off the 2 main enemies with lots of special effect explosions. The End." We've already had Earth humans versus irredeemable Goa'uld and irredeemable Replicators and it's unlikely that the Ori or Ba'al will turn over a new leaf in the movies. If SGA ends up with Earth humans blowing up two more irredeemable races it's just going to be a stock formula.
            I think it was best answered in 'Allies':

SHEPPARD: Instead of us, which is the part I am fine with, by the way. I guess I just want you to be fine with it too.

TEYLA: If this is the full extent of their plan ...

(She trails off. John frowns at her.)

SHEPPARD: What do you mean?

(Teyla smiles at him ironically.)

TEYLA: They are Wraith.

I don't think a race like the Wraith, who have defeated the Lanteans, culled the 1000 worlds of Pegasus to a mere handful. Will suddenlt turn around, then have an epiphany. We don't need to feed any longer, let's just alter our DNA, so that we can eat regular food again. McDonalds & Burger King would be happy at the plan & could branch out a few chains in Pegasus but I doubt such a thing would satisfy the fans.

How can you end a show like that, have a race that killed off the Ancients. Decimated all the humans worlds of Pegasus. Then one day they wake up & change their whole being. They say sorry for past generations of their species. They shake hands, have a big party. They are all dancing around a fire, then we see Ascended beings glowing away in the background with the Wraith. The humans go back through the Stargate & everyone lives happily ever after. Seriously though, an ending like that would ruin the show, it would be worse than the Enterprise finale.

Egeria was a Goa'uld queen who had a change of perspective and became the mother of the Tok'ra. Why can't a few Wraith have a change of perspective as well?
            There is a big difference in that analogy of yours. 1) Tok'ra still have to inhabit human hosts in order to survive. Just like the Goa'uld. All they do differently is don't enslave people. They still do their primnary likeness to their Goa'uld brothers. Which is taking over human hosts.

Wraith as it has been stated. Cannot be sustained by regular feeding any longer. So how can they have a change of heart, when they actually need to feed on humans, not for evil, but as a food source to sustain them. In 'Instinct' we even see a human man rear a Wraith child from a young age. Yet even she can't control the need to feed. In order to have them do it, they would need to mess about with your DNA etc. Animals on Earth are extinct, so would we humans mess with our own DNA in order to preserve these 'lower' forms of life. No none of us would, because it would be seen as not worth it. Wraith see humans as cattle, nothing more & nothing less. They need to feed & as long as they are still able to do it, they are never gonna start screwing with their own genes & DNA in order to make themselves become better people.

The Atlantis team already tried to mess with Wraith DNA in the past as I'm sure you already know. As Michael said they may appear human on the inside, but they are Wraith on the inside! Simply put, if they have a choice of dying to try & get to a new everlasting feeding ground, or alter their genes so that they no longer need to reply on human feeding. How many would go for the dying valiantly while trying to get to a new feeding ground.

Ancients were wiped out trying to negotiate with them, To magically have them repent & screw with their own genetic make-up at the end up, would be one of the biggest cop outs of all time. Especially since they'll even cannibalise each other if given half a chance. They are dying out & will do anything to get to a new feeding ground. Thus, the ultimate way to finish them isn't to kill them all off. Is to give them these new upgrades, see them get half-way to it. Then have the drives burn thesmelves out. Stranding them all millions of years from both Pegasus & the MW.

The humans in the Pegasus galaxy are just as human as the people of Earth. Atlantis wouldn't have risen from the sea either if Janus (a Lantean) hadn't defied Moros and helped Weir change a time line where Atlantis flooded and everyone else drowned . (Before I Sleep). Finally, there couldn't be any kind of Earth in danger from a combined Asuran/Wraith threat if Earth humans hadn't gone poking about in another galaxy where they woke all the Wraith up and Rodney fiddled around with Asuran base coding.

Where do Teyla and Ronon fit into all this, by the way? They've saved the day on more that one occasion between them and the Atlantis expedition couldn't have got by without them. Surely the finale should include them as well even though they've from the Pegasus galaxy, not Earth. (This is assuming that the characters are still around when SGA comes to an end, of course.)
            Where did I say the humans in Pegasus are different from those in the MW? I didn't even said they should go away & abandon them. If you read it carefully, you'll see that I said the Asurans started wiping out the humans in Pegasus. So as a result, the IOA negotiated a settlement. In which they agreed to hand over Atlantis, then leave the galaxy immediately themselves, as well as taking all the few remaining Pegasus humans with them out of their galaxy. They do it, then set their plan in motion destroying the Asurans. Then they bring back the remaining Pegasus people to their own galaxy allowing them to re-build without ever worrying about Wraith or Asurans again.

As for Ronon & Teyla, presumably they'd be involved like they always have been in the past.

Reading something through properly before jumping the gun is seemingly an over-rated chore these days!

This city is already inhabited by Pegasus galaxy humans. Are you suggesting that Earth humans throw the residents out so they can do all these repairs etc. or would they be allowed to stay along with the new arrivals? (All supposing that they wanted new arrivals moving in with them.)
            1) I said Atlantis ios destroyed as the main one I'd do. Someone said they didn't like to see it go that way. So I offered a solution to the problem. Let me put it this way, there are a handful of people in the tower. They have no power, technology or anything. They even agreed to give up all their PJ's & Drones for a little bit of medical help etc. What is the reason they live in the tower in the 1st place. Top use the Drones for fighting the Wraith.

So if you offered them the ability of never having to worry about the Wraith coming for them ever again in future. As well as giving them building materials & help on how to construct new building etc. Are you trying to say for 1 single second they'd turn that down. If the Wraith came, their pitch forks would be no match for a couple of soldiers. Never mind 100's of Darts & Hives in orbit etc.

What would they choose to do, stay in a little bit of the city, yet could do nothing when the Wraith came. That or be free for ever of the Wraith if they would agree to give this little bit of structure up. Not to mention they would get help in building more new structures all over their village etc etc. They would bite your hand off for such an offer.

All this jumping to conclusions & biting people with you force them out, you leave them behind, you leave them to die...blah, blah, blah really gets old considering I never once mentioned anything that you suggested.

Planning our ideal series finale is all very well but we don't know how long the show is going to run. Wraith and Asurans would be OK if it finished with Season 4 but what if it goes on for as long as SG1? They'd have to spend the next 7 years preventing the enemy from making their final move.
            Why would how long the show goes any have any bearing whatsoever on the plan for the finale. Atlantis & Pegasus has 2 main races. The Wraith & Asurans. They ain't gonna have them kill off the Wraith in S4, then the Asurans in S5. Then spend the next 2 seasons running around getting thanked by a bunch of primitives. Then getting themselves in trouble by others armed with bows & arrows etc. As long as Atlantis continues, the show will have these baddies. They cannot afford to do without them because of what has transpired in Pegasus over the past 10,000 years. That being there are no advanced races because the Wraith always culled them even few generations or so. In the MW they could because it's so big & the Goa'uld couldn't get round to every part of the galaxy, but not in Pegasus. Therefore when it comes around, they'll both be there someway or another. Meaning any finale will still be viable!

Atlantis will be lucky to get a 5th season, never mind even comprehending 7 seasons. They will never kill off the Wraith & Asurans before the show ends. If they do, then who is left & what is left for them to do? The short answer is nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by eluvatar View Post
              when have we been told that atlantis started and was built on earth I think that they brought atlantis with them from the ori galaxy not built on earth

Do you know how old that would make the city? And it totally wouldn't line up with the differing architectural styles between the older Milky Way ancients and the more recent Lantians.

(BTW... funny tidbit. My auto-spellchecker underlines Lantians, and the recommended replacement is "Laotians". Heh heh)

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                Do you know how old that would make the city? And it totally wouldn't line up with the differing architectural styles between the older Milky Way ancients and the more recent Lantians.

(BTW... funny tidbit. My auto-spellchecker underlines Lantians, and the recommended replacement is "Laotians". Heh heh)
                yes so the city is already like 200,000 years old that is very old and they would not want to make their stuff different from the city

(BTW... my spell checker underlined "spellchecker"
                I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
                "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Season 4 hasnt even started yet and you're already talking abou the end of the series?!? Jeez! Have a little faith.
                  Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                    Season 4 hasnt even started yet and you're already talking abou the end of the series?!? Jeez! Have a little faith.
                    I have a faith SGA will end with season 5 and TPTB will fully focus on SGU
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

How can you end a show like that, have a race that killed off the Ancients. Decimated all the humans worlds of Pegasus. Then one day they wake up & change their whole being. They say sorry for past generations of their species. They shake hands, have a big party. They are all dancing around a fire, then we see Ascended beings glowing away in the background with the Wraith. The humans go back through the Stargate & everyone lives happily ever after. Seriously though, an ending like that would ruin the show, it would be worse than the Enterprise finale.
                      I did say later on that a few but not all Wraith could go for the genetic alteration option. This doesn't mean that the Pegasus galaxy humans would then hug them like brothers and forgive them for everything. If I was writing it I wouldn't have the genetically altered Wraith agonising with remorse over their old feeding habits. They'd go for this solution purely for their own benefit and not to oblige humans. Advantages - normal food is far quicker to produce, it doesn't fight back and a constant supply means altered Wraith wouldn't have to spend half their time in hibernation so they could go on to do other things. As for how viewers would react to this well, going by many discussions in these forums, a lot of people don't see the Wraith as evil and are fed up with them being treated as nothing more than cannon fodder to make the human characters look heroic. Having a few survive by taking a different path while the rest get fried in a big explosion could cater for more than one set of viewers.

Wraith as it has been stated. Cannot be sustained by regular feeding any longer. So how can they have a change of heart, when they actually need to feed on humans, not for evil, but as a food source to sustain them. In 'Instinct' we even see a human man rear a Wraith child from a young age. Yet even she can't control the need to feed. In order to have them do it, they would need to mess about with your DNA etc.
                      Ellia lived on ordinary food until she reached a certain age. Wraith are equipped with a human digestive system and this obviously becomes functional when a Wraith has been given the retrovirus. ('Michael' and 'Misbegotten') The Commander in 'Condemned' enjoyed the taste of ordinary food and wines and, going by what he said, he wasn't the only one. The groundwork is already laid for a solution where some Wraith just get their digestive systems working in the human fashion without changing anything else.

They need to feed & as long as they are still able to do it, they are never gonna start screwing with their own genes & DNA in order to make themselves become better people.
                      Why does becoming better people have to be a motivation? The Wraith had lots of humans to eat when they were fighting the Ancients. As they were woken up early they're now fighting each other over scarce resources and the new, rich feeding ground is inhabited by a technologically advanced race. There would be practical reasons for doing a bit of genetic alteration on their own behalf.

The Atlantis team already tried to mess with Wraith DNA in the past as I'm sure you already know. As Michael said they may appear human on the inside, but they are Wraith on the inside!
                      Humans messed around with Wraith DNA for human benefit. The result was amnesiac humans who had to be institutionalised in order to be given continued doses of the retrovirus. Nobody could expect the Wraith to be overjoyed by this kind of thing. Beckett's idea was to turn the Wraith into humans and make them forget they'd ever been Wraith. Some Wraith, on the other hand, could just work to get their digestive systems functioning without altering themselves to such an extent that they'd lose all their other Wraith characteristics.

Simply put, if they have a choice of dying to try & get to a new everlasting feeding ground, or alter their genes so that they no longer need to reply on human feeding. How many would go for the dying valiantly while trying to get to a new feeding ground.
                      Michael pointed out that humans and Wraith are more alike than humans care to admit - this is hardly surprising seeing as Wraith are part human. Humans have the ability to come up with novel ideas and head off in new directions so why couldn't a few Wraith exhibit this positive human trait instead of just showing all the negative human ones? The 'Common Ground' Wraith behaved in a way which humans could recognise as honourable so this indicates that scriptwriters could add a bit more depth to individual Wraith if they chose to.

Ancients were wiped out trying to negotiate with them, To magically have them repent & screw with their own genetic make-up at the end up, would be one of the biggest cop outs of all time. Especially since they'll even cannibalise each other if given half a chance. They are dying out & will do anything to get to a new feeding ground.
                      Repentance needn't have anything to do with it. Some of them could just think that survival lies in enough genetic modification to eat ordinary food and as they really do want to survive they try something different. They could then head off somewhere else leaving the 'I'm going to die valiantly while trying to get to a new feeding ground' majority to do just that.

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy
                      Where did I say the humans in Pegasus are different from those in the MW?
                      I was just a bit puzzled by something you wrote in an earlier post.

Destroying the city in a sacrifice to save Earth & the rest of the MW/Pegasus is a fitting tribute to end it. It was humans who saved the city from being crushed by the ocean, so it should be them who takes it out.
                      The Atlantis team saved the city in 'The Eye/The Storm'. I'm guessing you really meant Earth humans here and I mistakenly read it as 'only people from Earth really qualify as being human'.

All this jumping to conclusions & biting people with you force them out, you leave them behind, you leave them to die...blah, blah, blah really gets old considering I never once mentioned anything that you suggested.
                      All I was doing where 'The Tower' society's concerned was asking how Earth humans could go about repairing the city when it was already inhabited. You came up with a believable scenario as a result.

Why would how long the show goes any have any bearing whatsoever on the plan for the finale. Atlantis & Pegasus has 2 main races. The Wraith & Asurans.
                      There's a limit to how many times the Wraith and Asurans could be prevented from setting off for Earth before viewers started yawning and thinking "How much longer is this kind of thing going on for?" SG1 started off with the Goa'uld then added Replicators, the Lucian Alliance and finally, Ori, to bring in a bit of variety.

As long as Atlantis continues, the show will have these baddies. They cannot afford to do without them because of what has transpired in Pegasus over the past 10,000 years. That being there are no advanced races because the Wraith always culled them even few generations or so. In the MW they could because it's so big & the Goa'uld couldn't get round to every part of the galaxy, but not in Pegasus.
                      There are billions of galaxies in the universe so there's nothing stopping TPTB from bringing in bad guys from somewhere else. We had 8 years of SG1 before we learned about the Ori who inhabited another galaxy. If Atlantis continues for a few seasons more it's possible that they'll bring in a new race from elsewhere once they start running out of ideas for Wrath and Asuran stories.
                      sigpic

Comment

So currently, we're at Season 4, assuming we get only 7 seasons, what do you think should happen at the last season of Stargate Atlantis?

I would like to see the implementation of the Asgard weapons obtained from Stargate SG-1 - (10x20) "Unending" and see Atlantis alongside a fleet of Earth ships and Allied-Alien ships of the Pegasus Galaxy wiping out the rest of the Wraith fleet, assuming by then, the story still considers them an enemy, cos you know, how Humans are so compassionate that the series might end up with Stargate Command, Atlantis and the IOA consider giving the Wraith the chance to "change their ways". Rehabilitating them to co-exist with the Humans of the Pegasus Galaxy.

At the start of the series, I did think it would be cool to have Atlantis land back on Earth, sort of a "Welcome home after several millions years in the Pegasus Galaxy" but now, the Pegasus galaxy needs someone to look over the worlds. Though there runs a chance where they might end up being told what to do by the SGC, Atlantis and the IOA but hopefully they won't. It would be nice to see Atlantis go back to Earth, mastering the ability to reproduce ZPMs but at the end, I feel Atlantis should remain in the Pegasus Galaxy and be an Earth outpost/colony in that Galaxy.

Comment

Assuming we only get seven seasons? We were very, very fortunate to have been given a fifth, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                            So currently, we're at Season 4, assuming we get only 7 seasons, what do you think should happen at the last season of Stargate Atlantis?.
                            this and that

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Assuming we only get seven seasons? We were very, very fortunate to have been given a fifth, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
                              Nothing wrong with a little optimism.

As for the finale, a lot would depend on what had happened between now and it but my main requirement would be a team episode, with a part for all of the regular characters, and preferably the major recurring characters to play.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

ROFLMAO.. okay, we should be blessed for getting five seasons so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get 7 seasons though.

Comment

Working...
                                X