This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Sam not in the Air Force any more?

I'm confused. I thought people in the Air Force had to have short hair, but now Sam has long hair. And I know she was promoted to full colonel, but I'm getting confused...

She's still in the air force.

Comment

as long as her hair doesn't go below her shoulder she is fine

Comment

She's still in the Air Force.
        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellageth View Post
          I'm confused. I thought people in the Air Force had to have short hair, but now Sam has long hair. And I know she was promoted to full colonel, but I'm getting confused...
          Q. Do I have to cut my hair?
          A. Hair must be kept in accordance with Air Force guidelines when in uniform. Women: As long as you have it neatly pinned you can keep your long hair.

http://www.uc.edu/afrotc/faq.aspx#q14

As you've already seen in the episodes, she has her hair pinned over her right/left shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellageth View Post
            Women have to keep it pinned up above their shoulder and as long as they do, which Sam has it's still regulation.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Does that (neatly pinned above the shoulders) include pigtails? Because I'm quite sure she's had it in that style (or will have it in that style)
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                Does that (neatly pinned above the shoulders) include pigtails? Because I'm quite sure she's had it in that style (or will have it in that style)
                As long as it's still above her shoulders.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I hope she doesn't. Pigtails are Vala's thing. I'd rather see something left unique to her.
                  sigpic
                  sig by kidwizz

Comment

Originally posted by partly cloudy skies View Post
                    I hope she doesn't. Pigtails are Vala's thing. I'd rather see something left unique to her.
                    Pigtails are indeed Vala's thing. Personally, I've really liked Carter's hair better since it's been longer.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Alright, thanks for clearing that up...

Comment

She had a pony tail in one ep but she was in the Atlantis uniform. It is not clear how the USAF rules are affected by wearing that civilian uniform. If she was in her blues or in BDU's she would definitly have to have the hair up. But your hair can be as long as you want it...as long as you can put it up in regulation (ie, above the collar, and not exceeding a certain thinkness so headgear can be worn properly)....thats another thing, hanging out on the balcony, none of them wear their cover but as far as I can tell the Atlantis civilian uniform doesnt come with any.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by partly cloudy skies View Post
                          I think she had it braided and pulled up in one episode. I imagine they'll be experiementing with styles.

Comment

The writers should have explained this better
                            Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                            They had to fake the ratings
                            They had to fake the ratings.
                            Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

She can have long hair as long as it's controlled somehow. I think she just preferred to keep it short while she was very active on an offworld team and very involved in her research projects. Shorter hair would have less of a chance of catching fire if something went boom in her lab.
                              sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Working...
                              X