This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Kavanagh like working with Sam???

Now if you have been watching since the beginning you know darn well how much Kavanagh hated Weir's leadership decisions. But now that weir is gone do you think he Will return to Atlantis now that sam is in command??

my feeling is that because sam is a scientist that maybe she will understand Kavanagh point of view and the tension that was there before while weir was in command might be diminished a bit???

I don't think Kavanagh will like Sam at all. Despite being the new Atlantis military leader, Hammond himself risked it at times by keeping the iris open in order for SG1 to return safely. Weir even did the same thing.

I think that as a military officer, Sam would still make the choices as Weir because she believes in not leaving people behind and I think that would allow her to risk things if it allowed people under her command to come back home safely and alive. Even then, you still have the fact that risk comes with the job and I don't like Kavanagh would like any leader until all off world activity comes to an end because harmless objects can be brought back to the City only for it to change and become a serious threat so risk happens and I think Kavanagh just wants to bury his head in the sand and pretend the rest of Pegasus doesn't exist.

sigpic

Comment

Kavanagh HATES (he basically said so) the military and I doubt Carter has much use for a whiner. I mean a go getter who tries and then whines like McKay is fine and I can see her feeling sorry for an idiot like Feldger because at least he's a well meaning idiot....unlike Kavanagh who just seems like a selfish idiot.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Kavanaugh is cool because he's always right. The main characters simply behave irrationally and it conflicts with his sense of logic.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
          Kavanaugh is cool because he's always right. The main characters simply behave irrationally and it conflicts with his sense of logic.
          But would we really watch the show if they always make the logical choice and never take risks for their team mates?

I'd have to agree that Kavanaugh will never accept any leader who sometimes thinks with their heart over their head. He has no emotional connections to anyone and so cannot see why people take the risks they do for other people.

He is in Midway and tbh I hope he winds everyone up like he did in S1. Stargate needs antagonistic characters like him. They keep it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
            Kavanagh HATES (he basically said so) the military and I doubt Carter has much use for a whiner. I mean a go getter who tries and then whines like McKay is fine and I can see her feeling sorry for an idiot like Feldger because at least he's a well meaning idiot....unlike Kavanagh who just seems like a selfish idiot.
            Same here. In fact i could easily see her punching out Kavanagh, unlike wier.

Comment

kavanaugh is one of those noobs who hell talks himself up but can't back up his talk with teh skills lol. carter would pwn him, rocket jump over his head and shovel shank to the back for a domination ftw.

Comment

Kavanagh will do his best to worm his way into Sam's good books until such a time as she shoots down one of his unworkable ideas and/or does something he disagrees with, at which point she will join Weir on his personal (rhymes with "hit") list.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I don't think Kavangh will like Sam in charge, if he transfers back to Atlantis for the.......second....no, wait third. I would think that he wouldn't even think of putting a foot back in Atlantis considering what Ronon almost did to him. HAHA, he fainted. I think he will get put down even more than with what happened with Weir.

On another note, despite the loathe I feel for him, he has had one shining moment. In '38 Minutes', he was the one that came up with the idea to decompress the back of the PJ to create the movement into the wormhole. But that is it, nothing else redeeming I can think of.

: Green is Good.
                  sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                    I don't think Kavangh will like Sam in charge, if he transfers back to Atlantis for the.......second....no, wait third. I would think that he wouldn't even think of putting a foot back in Atlantis considering what Ronon almost did to him. HAHA, he fainted. I think he will get put down even more than with what happened with Weir.

On another note, despite the loathe I feel for him, he has had one shining moment. In '38 Minutes', he was the one that came up with the idea to decompress the back of the PJ to create the movement into the wormhole. But that is it, nothing else redeeming I can think of.
                    Perhaps we should be thankful for that.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Let's get this straight . . .Kavanaugh does not like working with ANYONE. Period.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Same here. In fact i could easily see her punching out Kavanagh, unlike wier.
                      Ha! Kinda like when Teyla decked Bates in the Seige.
                      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        Kavanagh will do his best to worm his way into Sam's good books until such a time as she shoots down one of his unworkable ideas and/or does something he disagrees with, at which point she will join Weir on his personal (rhymes with "hit") list.
                        that's what i think will happen too. kavanaugh will see sam replacing weir as confirmation that he was right all along. he'll be arrogant and sure of himself.

he'll try to suck up to sam and ingraciate himself to her...and then she'll discount one of his ideas or tell him that he's wrong, and he'll be back to his usual antagonistic self
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hah. If he didn't like Weir's policy, he won't like Carter's. He discredited Weir's leadership for being to emotionally driven, but Carter's leadership will probably be at the opposite extreme, seeing as she's military. either way, Carter won't like him, unless he has a major character change. However, I don't even know if they'll talk to each other, seeing as Kavanaugh was shown to be at the Midway Station. I doubt he'll go back to Atlantis.
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Something tell me that <snip> of a Kavanagh, he won't be liking Carter. If he didn't like Weir, a civilian leading the expedition, I doubt he will like Carter a military leading the expedition, now I wish he would die, if TPTB can kill off Carson, Heightmeyer and more without our approval, then please, I welcome TPTB kill off Kavanagh, I give TPTB permission to kill Kavanagh off!
                            Last edited by Skydiver; 01 November 2007, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Kavanagh would probably hate working with Sam even more than he hated working with Elizabeth. First, Sam's military, and he hates the military and second, she's a fellow scientist, which would probably make her a competitor in his eyes. Bad, bad combination.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                              X