Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor/Lazy writing wasting such potential :( (Spoilers for all four seasons)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
    If you want to know what I think of SGA as a whole, you can click on the first link in my signature (then check the stargate forum), and you'll see where I come from exactly, and why I believe SGA can only be enjoyed with low expectations, and very selective picking.
    I did and it seems you are in just as small of a minority there as well. Strange that most disagree with you isn't it?
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Not Farez
      I also deplore the give and take style writing that is used for advanced technology that we may actually be able to make good use of. How many advanced ships have we lost now? How many ZPM's have we wasted or had to give away? How many times must we move forward, only to move back again shortly after?

A ZPM lab could easily be introduced and we could learn that new ZPM's have to be 'charged' over a significant period of time before they can be used. Schematics for drones could be shown that even Rodney and Sam can't understand. Advanced ships could be sent home for study to ensure they aren't easily available when Atlantis needs help. These are just some rough examples of any number of simple explanations for problems that the writers either ignore or address completely ignorantly.

I know we have made some advancements such as a hyper drive on the puddle jumper, but even that burns out after you use it. You see the pattern?
      Really good point! But you know, if they find a lab where ZPMs could be charged and if they had enough ships, it would make TPTB lose maybe 5 episodes of looking for ZPMs and losing jumpers *sarcasm* no really… I bet that’s why nothing ever works in SGA team’s favor. More problems = more stories… ‘cause it’s just too damn hard to make a story with a different problem than “ZOMG we’re going to be destroyed but our ZPM is almost depleted.” I’ve lost count how many times this line was used in the show.

About the wraith – I just wish they were still the biggest enemy. They don’t seem to be a big threat anymore. Adding replicators to the enemy list has a lot to do with that. It’s like TPTB didn’t know how to keep writing the wraith as a good enemy, so they brought in an enemy that was destroyed. I don’t blame the writers that much. There are just so many ideas you can pull out of your………… eh head.. but that just means that new writers are needed!

City Exploration – exactly! Atlantis does not have a mysterious feeling anymore… Nor foes it have that ancient-y feeling, especially after we saw the “Replicated Atlantis.” It was supposed to be one of a kind! I don’t care how much the replicators wanted to be like their masters… bringing them in was a bad idea in the first place.

I just ranted about this in my LJ. I watched Rising the other day (what an awesome episode!) It makes me sad (not angry anymore) about what this show turned to. It had SUCH a great potential. It was SUCH a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        I did and it seems you are in just as small of a minority there as well. Strange that most disagree with you isn't it?
        Whatever you say. At least, I know that I can make easy money.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          Whatever you say. At least, I know that I can make easy money.
          No such thing.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post

Well unfortunatly you are in the minority here as most people here and TPTB disagree. Atlantis has been strong from day one and season four just improves on solid ground so yeah it is worth a fifth season.
            well, TPTB tend to disagree with any fans who disagree with them

This is just one board, one thread, and no one can state categorically how all of fandom feels about the show. What TPTB care about is not necessarily fans, but viewers, the ones with the Nielsen boxes. cuz they're the ones that will make or break the show.

Comment

Working...
            X